Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Experiment of Being Remembered
09-13-2020, 10:35 PM,
The Experiment of Being Remembered
Deep, DEEP mind stuff- the inner workings of Forrest's "plan," and where you are in it.
I think I've figured out what this FF chase was all about. It was made so that no one gets answers, and at least a few hundred people remain- to memorize everything about the man and his life in order for him to secure a brand new, original way to be remembered. That way is through deprived people who seek out Forrest Fenn for the rest of their lives, and document it, their quest, and him, with a record forever remaining on the internet.
I'd bet this opening paragraph already tripped your research annals. You already know via several statements and writings he's made that can back that this was an experiment in how to be remembered, and it is exactly designed how I just described it. I've known this was what he was doing, but it just occurred to me in strongest form. I saw it. I saw it just tonight in the way everyone on every Fenn blog is laboring away at knowing every aspect of his life and times. What they do is talk about him. His name lives on, into the tens of millions of internet entries.
But there has been enough of this already- he has been well-researched, and must be deprived of this phase of the experiment. We must agree upon a solve to end it. It must happen. This is your only closure. The time you will be ready to end it is at a time when you know your own best solve and final work to be wrong. You are looking for the ultimate mystery person to trust- "the one" to come forward, though you've told yourself the one must be the finder in order for you to believe the solve, that will soon fade. You'll know there wasn't a finder.
Beyond that is where you begin the choice to remove yourself from the experiment and begin to see the connecting dots in someone's work, someone who went the furthest in the poem. At this point of solve consensus, another one of his plans will be fulfilled... and that will be the ingenuity of how Fenn wrote the riddle itself, and the exact way it becomes untied. The gold was only a dream, just a dream where you have gold in your hand, wake up, and it is gone. For, the gold, is Au, "Aurum," and it is an element- number 79 in the "periodic table of the elements."
To derive the solve for yourself is to be stardust. Worth nothing, worth everything. Superhuman. To not be solver, but know the solve when you see it - is also genius. Without one of these two positions, you are forever being played.
09-14-2020, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2020, 10:02 PM by ravenhome777.)
RE: The Experiment of Being Remembered
You are looking at this as if you got manipulated somehow. That's not my perspective. I have enjoyed the entire process thoroughly and learned from it. I have no regrets. I'm glad I participated. I've learned a lot.

If you buy a novel at Barnes and Noble, do you worry the entire time while you're reading it if you'll be able to get your money back? Do you worry that Barnes and Noble stole your 15 dollars? Or do you read the book and enjoy the journey?

Well, yes, I put forth a lot of money on various BOTG missions, but I don't regret a single one. Each one was a learning experience. Each one was an adventure. Each one allowed me to peal back the layers of the FF onion. Even though I didn't "hit the jackpot", that's OK. I didn't expect to. FF told us from the beginning that it's for the "Thrill of the Chase".

As the saying goes, they call it "fishing" for a reason. If it was all about catching fish, they'd call it "catching".

When you go on a fishing trip and you don't catch anything, do you get angry at the fish? No. The fish didn't conspire against you. So it's the same thing here. FF didn't conspire against you. He doesn't even know who you are. You just didn't win the jackpot. Hey, neither did I. Don't feel bad. Only one person can win. We played, we had fun, we learned some things along the way, and we'll leave it at that.
09-15-2020, 01:16 AM,
(09-13-2020, 10:35 PM)LeadSolver Wrote: Deep, DEEP mind stuff- the inner workings of Forrest's "plan," and where you are in it.
I think I've figured out what this FF chase was all about. It was made so that no one gets answers, and at least a few hundred people remain- to memorize everything about the man and his life in order for him to secure a brand new, original way to be remembered. That way is through deprived people who seek out Forrest Fenn for the rest of their lives, and document it, their quest, and him, with a record forever remaining on the internet.
I'd bet this opening paragraph already tripped your research annals. You already know via several statements and writings he's made that can back that this was an experiment in how to be remembered, and it is exactly designed how I just described it. I've known this was what he was doing, but it just occurred to me in strongest form. I saw it. I saw it just tonight in the way everyone on every Fenn blog is laboring away at knowing every aspect of his life and times. What they do is talk about him. His name lives on, into the tens of millions of internet entries.
But there has been enough of this already- he has been well-researched, and must be deprived of this phase of the experiment. We must agree upon a solve to end it. It must happen. This is your only closure. The time you will be ready to end it is at a time when you know your own best solve and final work to be wrong. You are looking for the ultimate mystery person to trust- "the one" to come forward, though you've told yourself the one must be the finder in order for you to believe the solve, that will soon fade. You'll know there wasn't a finder.
Beyond that is where you begin the choice to remove yourself from the experiment and begin to see the connecting dots in someone's work, someone who went the furthest in the poem. At this point of solve consensus, another one of his plans will be fulfilled... and that will be the ingenuity of how Fenn wrote the riddle itself, and the exact way it becomes untied. The gold was only a dream, just a dream where you have gold in your hand, wake up, and it is gone. For, the gold, is Au, "Aurum," and it is an element- number 79 in the "periodic table of the elements."
To derive the solve for yourself is to be stardust. Worth nothing, worth everything. Superhuman. To not be solver, but know the solve when you see it - is also genius. Without one of these two positions, you are forever being played.

If I found the trove and told you my solve, you probably wouldn't
believe it unless you saw the trove. But if I actually find it next summer,
I won't be flashing it (or my identity) around. I might anonymously
(probably by snail-mail, as it's harder to trace) provide photos of the
chest in the hidey place, as well as video showing an approach, BOTG to the hidey place. Yeah, it might compromise the safety of the local vegetation a bit, but that's probably not such a biggie to many folks.
09-15-2020, 09:49 AM,
Knowing full well that no one should much care what I think, here are my short musings about what's been posted in this thread so far. Time is $, as they say, so if you choose to read, and at the end, feel your time was wasted, I apologize. But I do not plan to reimburse you for any perceived damages.

LeadSolver - I'm inclined to think that Mr. Fenn had something different in mind for his legacy than a string of 0's and 1's stored off on some desert-based server farm.

ravenhome777 - We think alike. I did only one BOTG search. We found something of note I think, but not the treasure. That trip convinced me that, even in you'd identified the correct search area, and even if that search area was quite targetted, the likelihood of finding a particular something by poking around in the woods, is exceedingly remote (especially when you're not entirely sure what that particular something ought to look like or how exactly it had been placed so a non-searcher would be unlikely to stumble across it). I then turned to trying to more thoroughly understand the poem. I never thought of the time (substantial) and $ (relatively little) I've spent on things Chase-related as an investment with a potential return of the treasure's (unknown) value. Thnking in those terms, participation in the Chase is a really awful investment choice. To folks who participated in the Chase in order to get rich, help fund your retirement, or pay off debts, I say WITH LOVE that you ought to talk to a reputable financial planner.

wildfuntear - Who would you send your letter and photos to at this point?
09-15-2020, 11:42 AM,
I guess I'm used to talking with realists face to face, and forgot the hopeless worship on Fenn pages. I'm more used to people knowing everybody is a crook, liar or cheater, or a victim of one of these. I don't fool myself with blaming victims or thinking a box is still out there & that I just have to solve it. I forget that too many people have years of blogging in this, have established authority and positioning, and just want to keep it going nowhere.
*pardon me
09-15-2020, 09:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 09:50 PM by ravenhome777.)
(09-15-2020, 11:42 AM)LeadSolver Wrote: I guess I'm used to talking with realists face to face, and forgot the hopeless worship on Fenn pages. I'm more used to people knowing everybody is a crook, liar or cheater, or a victim of one of these. I don't fool myself with blaming victims or thinking a box is still out there & that I just have to solve it. I forget that too many people have years of blogging in this, have established authority and positioning, and just want to keep it going nowhere.
*pardon me

Yes, no need to pardon. You're right. It has become a lifestyle. Kind of like hippies following the grateful dead.

(09-15-2020, 09:49 AM)davidkindc Wrote: ravenhome777 - We think alike. I did only one BOTG search. We found something of note I think, but not the treasure. That trip convinced me that, even in you'd identified the correct search area, and even if that search area was quite targetted, the likelihood of finding a particular something by poking around in the woods, is exceedingly remote (especially when you're not entirely sure what that particular something ought to look like or how exactly it had been placed so a non-searcher would be unlikely to stumble across it). I then turned to trying to more thoroughly understand the poem. I never thought of the time (substantial) and $ (relatively little) I've spent on things Chase-related as an investment with a potential return of the treasure's (unknown) value. Thnking in those terms, participation in the Chase is a really awful investment choice. To folks who participated in the Chase in order to get rich, help fund your retirement, or pay off debts, I say WITH LOVE that you ought to talk to a reputable financial planner.

What did you find of note?

It's amazing what you can find when you're looking around yellowstone. I found a bunch of things. I left some things for people to find too.
09-16-2020, 12:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 01:02 AM by wildfuntear.)
(09-15-2020, 09:49 AM)davidkindc Wrote: Knowing full well that no one should much care what I think, here are my short musings about what's been posted in this thread so far. Time is $, as they say, so if you choose to read, and at the end, feel your time was wasted, I apologize. But I do not plan to reimburse you for any perceived damages.

LeadSolver - I'm inclined to think that Mr. Fenn had something different in mind for his legacy than a string of 0's and 1's stored off on some desert-based server farm.

ravenhome777 - We think alike. I did only one BOTG search. We found something of note I think, but not the treasure. That trip convinced me that, even in you'd identified the correct search area, and even if that search area was quite targetted, the likelihood of finding a particular something by poking around in the woods, is exceedingly remote (especially when you're not entirely sure what that particular something ought to look like or how exactly it had been placed so a non-searcher would be unlikely to stumble across it). I then turned to trying to more thoroughly understand the poem. I never thought of the time (substantial) and $ (relatively little) I've spent on things Chase-related as an investment with a potential return of the treasure's (unknown) value. Thnking in those terms, participation in the Chase is a really awful investment choice. To folks who participated in the Chase in order to get rich, help fund your retirement, or pay off debts, I say WITH LOVE that you ought to talk to a reputable financial planner.

Possibly a newspaper (perhaps a major one). Perhaps several. I don't
feel rushed, not having found the trove.

(09-15-2020, 09:49 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 11:42 AM)LeadSolver Wrote: I guess I'm used to talking with realists face to face, and forgot the hopeless worship on Fenn pages. I'm more used to people knowing everybody is a crook, liar or cheater, or a victim of one of these. I don't fool myself with blaming victims or thinking a box is still out there & that I just have to solve it. I forget that too many people have years of blogging in this, have established authority and positioning, and just want to keep it going nowhere.
*pardon me

Yes, no need to pardon. You're right. It has become a lifestyle. Kind of like hippies following the grateful dead.

(09-15-2020, 09:49 AM)davidkindc Wrote: ravenhome777 - We think alike. I did only one BOTG search. We found something of note I think, but not the treasure. That trip convinced me that, even in you'd identified the correct search area, and even if that search area was quite targetted, the likelihood of finding a particular something by poking around in the woods, is exceedingly remote (especially when you're not entirely sure what that particular something ought to look like or how exactly it had been placed so a non-searcher would be unlikely to stumble across it). I then turned to trying to more thoroughly understand the poem. I never thought of the time (substantial) and $ (relatively little) I've spent on things Chase-related as an investment with a potential return of the treasure's (unknown) value. Thnking in those terms, participation in the Chase is a really awful investment choice. To folks who participated in the Chase in order to get rich, help fund your retirement, or pay off debts, I say WITH LOVE that you ought to talk to a reputable financial planner.

It's amazing what you can find when you're looking around yellowstone. I found a bunch of things. I left some things for people to find too.

I found two items, each of which appears to be a deliberate hint that
the searcher is on or near the correct route toward the trove.
09-16-2020, 09:25 AM,
(09-16-2020, 12:58 AM)wildfuntear Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:49 AM)davidkindc Wrote: Knowing full well that no one should much care what I think, here are my short musings about what's been posted in this thread so far. Time is $, as they say, so if you choose to read, and at the end, feel your time was wasted, I apologize. But I do not plan to reimburse you for any perceived damages.

Possibly a newspaper (perhaps a major one). Perhaps several. I don't
feel rushed, not having found the trove.

(09-15-2020, 09:49 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote:
*pardon me

I found two items, each of which appears to be a deliberate hint that
the searcher is on or near the correct route toward the trove.

Well, now, see - there you go! I - like you - found two items, each of which appears to be a deliberate hint. I, too, have equal confidence in my findings.

But I still won't tell anybody that they are wrong, because well, you know - that's just wrong.
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f
09-16-2020, 06:53 PM,
Off track. Let's get back on track: I'd said "Without one of these two positions (THE solve or believing THE solve), you are forever being played." That NY Post article today solidifies it.