Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does "Search Story" Contradict the Puzzles Premise ?
07-03-2014, 09:50 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tomwhat on July 5, 2014, 4:16 am</b>

If there was only one possible "solution" to the poem then we would all just sit here on out butts until somebody figured it out then they would go get it. Too wit, the NY Times Crossword Puzzle; only one solution. If it was like that, they heck just sit there till you figured it and go get the prize.

The poem is not like that. Forrest wants us to get out and enjoy the meandering outdoors. So he made a poem that is technically correct, but with thousands of possible interpretations. Because his primary objective is to get us off our butts and out there, in the wild, in nature, searching. Maybe we find what we are looking for, maybe we find something else. Either way a win.
</div>

I agree that Forrest said that he wants to get people out to smell the sunshine.

He also said that a person who has correctly solved the puzzle will have done so methodically (or words to that effect) and deliberately, and will be able to walk right to the treasure.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
07-03-2014, 10:31 AM,
I believe if you properly solve the poem it will lead you to the chest's hiding spot...you should be close enough to see it if you understand the clues correctly without "searching" much if any...According to statements by Mr. Fenn you should be able to walk to it and pick it up...I will think, study, and analyze my solution based on that premise...I work for a recovery mission, not a "search"... Smile

The most important hint he ever gave was..."Everything you need to find the treasure is in the poem"... Smile
07-03-2014, 10:58 AM,
I'm sort of in between. While I think the poem will lead you directly to the chest I can't imagine there won't be at least a slight search. If the Blaze is simply a mark on a tree or rock something I would imagine that a bit of a sweep of the area would suffice. If the blaze is more of a location or place or object its more definitive but you could still have to locate where the chest is from there. I mean Forrest says that someone isn't just going to happen upon it. So its obviously not just sitting on a rock in the middle of a field for all to see. So while the blaze can have different levels of obvious I think there is at least a slight probability of a search/sweep of an area.

But that's just my thought Tongue
07-03-2014, 02:04 PM,
I believe the area or circle gets smaller with each solved clue, the area at the end is small but some searching needed. samsmith are you searching in N.M., I know you told me TC was not in Colorado.
07-03-2014, 02:12 PM,
Was in NM camp for a long time...not now... Smile
07-03-2014, 06:22 PM,
Good luck to you in your search and keep his treasures bold. T. Smith
07-04-2014, 05:58 AM,

My take on this treasure hunt is that Forrest easentially said:

" I left a box full of gold and other valuable things, up in the mountains. Figure out location from the puzzle, and go pick it up."

astree
=====

WP (stock symbol)
07-04-2014, 08:28 AM,

<b>Quote from tom on July 3, 2014, 7:22 pm</b>

Good luck to you in your search and keep his treasures bold. T. Smith
</div>

Good luck to you as well Tom...And Mr. Fenn did that for us already I think, we just need to find where and how... Smile
07-05-2014, 03:16 AM,
If there was only one possible "solution" to the poem then we would all just sit here on out butts until somebody figured it out then they would go get it. Too wit, the NY Times Crossword Puzzle; only one solution. If it was like that, they heck just sit there till you figured it and go get the prize.

The poem is not like that. Forrest wants us to get out and enjoy the meandering outdoors. So he made a poem that is technically correct, but with thousands of possible interpretations. Because his primary objective is to get us off our butts and out there, in the wild, in nature, searching. Maybe we find what we are looking for, maybe we find something else. Either way a win.
07-05-2014, 08:19 AM,

<b>Quote from tomwhat on July 5, 2014, 4:16 am</b>

</div>

I agree that Forrest said that he wants to get people out to smell the sunshine.

He also said that a person who has correctly solved the puzzle will have done so methodically (or words to that effect) and deliberately, and will be able to walk right to the treasure.
=====

WP (stock symbol)