Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Message from Finder - new pics
09-24-2020, 07:03 AM,
RE: Message from Finder - new pics
He was searching for 25 days before he found it? BS

Wyoming and most of the country was not even reopened before Memorial day, so where did he stay? Where did he eat? Wyoming had a 14 day quarantine in effect for out of state travelers during that time.

Still no explanation for the different size of the gold disks.
09-24-2020, 07:25 AM,
I think a professional writer was asked to put together a story using an outline that contained references familiar to searchers and also specific points to be made. An example of a specific point would be a rental car. It might be a good idea to pick odd sounding phrases and uncommonly used words from the article and google them with any authors you can think of Smile

Some words off the top of my head...
leapt
breakneck pace
reflexively
09-24-2020, 07:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 07:35 AM by The_Spoiler.)
Seems like it was written by a family member more than a searcher. Where did a person that met Fenn only once get all the unpublished details about his life and his character?

How could someone introduce themselves to Fenn and tell them where they had found a fake blaze in a 20 second conversation. More BS.
09-24-2020, 08:50 AM,
(09-24-2020, 08:40 AM)Seeker9 Wrote: On last nights Amy Seeks utube livestream, Cynthia alleges that Forrest told her in late August that their were instructions in the chest directing the finder to bring the chest to Forrest so he could legally gift the treasure to the finder. That doesn't seem to jive with what Forrest had originally said years ago.

Legally I don't think he can do that if he required them to solve something...but I'm not an attorney...just what I learned when looking up the legalities of it.

I'm looking up some interesting words in the "finder letter"...first off...I bet this person never comes back to answer anything else, because I believe it was Forrest and he thought it would be funny for people to wait and talk about him...could be wrong...but that's my best guess.

Also, I think the word reflexively is an odd choice of words....and when I google it with Forrest Fenn...I find one instance of it being used singularly on a springer.com page...but the page doesn't seem to have that reference. I don't know if anyone else has better luck. We all like a good riddle/game...I think it would be interesting to sniff this out...I do see in some ways that I could see Forrest saying things too....

If this was all a Forrest joke...I could see him feeling this way and wanting it in the letter....his personal eulogy....."it just felt like I had just survived something and was fortunate to come out the other end"
© Stephanie
09-24-2020, 09:21 AM,
Was looking at it again and it had to have been someone who wrote that after he passed because of the NY eccentric line....it almost seems like there needed to be proof to show he couldn't have...so maybe he worked on it with Preston, Cynthia...someone..... I still do believe he had a part in it.
© Stephanie
09-24-2020, 09:29 AM,
"When I met Forrest, he had forgotten about the phone call and found it amusing when I told him. Of course, he had no idea how much I had tortured myself trying to read his reaction to that call."

So someone tells you the location and the blaze...and you forget about the call? I thought it was an email anyway....
© Stephanie
09-24-2020, 09:37 AM,
I wonder where the NY Times got the information about Forrest's passing...did his lawyer send them a press release kinda thing?
© Stephanie
09-24-2020, 09:56 AM,
In the last photo with the scissor, what is that other item? To me, it almost looks like a piece of jaw bone with a gold tooth.
09-24-2020, 10:09 AM,
(09-24-2020, 09:29 AM)admin Wrote: "When I met Forrest, he had forgotten about the phone call and found it amusing when I told him. Of course, he had no idea how much I had tortured myself trying to read his reaction to that call."

So someone tells you the location and the blaze...and you forget about the call? I thought it was an email anyway....

Great point. You don't expect Mr. Fenn to remember all of the calls. But, if someone calls with the right blaze, he would remember it.
09-24-2020, 10:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 10:12 AM by Beavertooth.)
(09-24-2020, 09:56 AM)ravenhome777 Wrote: In the last photo with the scissor, what is that other item? To me, it almost looks like a piece of jaw bone with a gold tooth.

A very strange object, indeed.

“Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

A final testimony for Forrest's writing technique, and possibly even an epitaph.

Smile

(P.S. Hopefully not counted towards the "weight" of the gold.)

(09-24-2020, 10:00 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: That's the dragon bracelet.

??? No, you can see the dragon bracelet in one of the other photos.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest shows pics.... JP 117 14,525 06-19-2020, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Salamander7868
  a message to the finder mrmagicarovrumrebel 15 2,406 06-08-2020, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Special Message from Forrest Fenn tyounis 0 570 03-27-2020, 10:32 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  Lead Searcher has a message for Fenn Top Secret 81 21,030 11-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Last Post: brubr
  What is Forrest’s message Riddlemethat 13 3,159 04-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  message added to wwwh.com Chris Yates 18 7,195 11-08-2018, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Mindy