Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scissors - and other possibilities
09-24-2020, 12:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 12:59 PM by Beavertooth.)
Scissors - and other possibilities
This is just a thought about the scissors (and a little more). I don't read the other forums, so if it has already been brought up, my apologies.

In the recent post from "The Finder" there is a picture of the scissors next to a bag containing the dragon coat bracelet, with the dragon head peering out (props to crazyfamily for pointing this out to me). This is followed by text saying:

"Drying off after a decade in the elements. The Ziploc bags were full of condensation, and these two items were together in one. “Why did I put the scissors in there?” Forrest asked me when he saw them. I didn’t know, of course. I figured they belonged to King Tut or something like that. Nope. Just a pair of scissors. At some point before he secreted the chest, a simple pair of metal scissors made their way in there without him noticing."

My thought would be that the scissors were there to cut the tie-off of the bag (if it existed), or to cut the bag itself if it had shrunk over time (leather?) so that the dragon coat bracelet (which could be fragile) would not be damaged.

The quote above also contains one of the sentences in The Finder's post that suggests to me that this is tongue-in-cheek fiction:

"I figured they belonged to King Tut or something like that."

This is a wise-ass remark that is inconsistent with the rest of the post.

After rereading the entire post a couple of times, I am leaning towards Forrest having written it. (I changed my mind)

If he didn't write it, there seems to be a more feminine side to the writing (IMO), so I believe the poster is female. If is real and not a hoax, I would point out that the woman could be from the "west" (not east) due to a lot of astronomy geography being "backwards" between east and west, or simply due to mirror images. In any event, I can see Forrest setting up a smokescreen to hide a woman from the west by claiming the finder was a man from the east.
09-24-2020, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 01:06 PM by dude here.)
RE: Scissors - and other possibilities
The scissors never made much sense. If the finder needs scissors to open a bag, then he (or she) could just use his own scissors. I mean, who doesn't have a pair of scissors?

The only reason I can think of that he would throw them in at the last minute is as a joke of some sort or because he was using the scissors when he hid the chest for some reason (e.g. to cut some cord or something).
09-24-2020, 01:13 PM,
For all the Kool-Aid drinkers out there, can you explain this? Why is the plastic bag containing the dragon bracelet in the first picture of the "found" chest posted by Fenn not discolored and corroded like the picture in the finders article?

[Image: 2Y2Ule.jpg]
09-24-2020, 01:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 01:27 PM by Beavertooth.)
(09-24-2020, 01:13 PM)The_Spoiler Wrote: For all the Kool-Aid drinkers out there, can you explain this? Why is the plastic bag containing the dragon bracelet in the first picture of the "found" chest posted by Fenn not discolored and corroded like the picture in the finders article?

[Image: 2Y2Ule.jpg]

My eyes aren't good, but I didn't think the bracelet had "circular" elements on its side. So I am not sure what is in the first plastic bag that you are pointing to. The second bag is leather I believe and was folded up and set in the inside of the dragon coat bracelet in one of the the other new pictures.
09-24-2020, 01:27 PM,
Here is a picture of the dragon bracelet in Fenn's early promotional shot and the bracelet on the table. The circular elements are the scales of the dragon and are clearly visible on these pictures.

[Image: 2Y3cdu.jpg]
09-24-2020, 01:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 01:31 PM by Beavertooth.)
(09-24-2020, 01:27 PM)The_Spoiler Wrote: Here is a picture of the dragon bracelet in Fenn's early promotional shot and the bracelet on the table. The circular elements are the scales of the dragon and are clearly visible on these pictures.

[Image: 2Y3cdu.jpg]

I stand corrected. But see my revised comment above about the second bag being leather and not being a corroded plastic bag. ("The second bag is leather I believe and was folded up and set in the inside of the dragon coat bracelet in one of the the other new pictures.")

However, your point still stands that there is a monstrous discrepancy.
09-24-2020, 01:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 01:36 PM by The_Spoiler.)
Actually, I think the second bag might be a paper towel or cloth wrapped around it, but either way, the paper, cloth or leather is not in the first found chest picture like you say. Something is wrong here.
09-24-2020, 01:38 PM,
(09-24-2020, 01:34 PM)The_Spoiler Wrote: Actually, I think the second bag might be a paper towel or cloth wrapped around it, but either way, the paper, cloth or leather is not in the first found chest picture like you say. Something is wrong here.

Tell OH! you have another smoking gun! It will make his day. Smile
09-24-2020, 01:39 PM,
(09-24-2020, 01:38 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 01:34 PM)The_Spoiler Wrote: Actually, I think the second bag might be a paper towel or cloth wrapped around it, but either way, the paper, cloth or leather is not in the first found chest picture like you say. Something is wrong here.

Tell OH! you have another smoking gun! It will make his day. Smile

LOL, I'll let you do that. I got shot down last time.
09-24-2020, 02:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 02:39 PM by NTMI.)
(09-24-2020, 12:58 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: This is just a thought about the scissors (and a little more)...
The quote...also contains one of the sentences in The Finder's post that suggests to me that this is tongue-in-cheek fiction:

"I figured they belonged to King Tut or something like that."

This is a wise-ass remark that is inconsistent with the rest of the post.

When I first started the chase pushing an over-enthusiastic Treasure Falls solve, Dal once told me that Forrest thought I was a jerk. The butt-hurt eventually went away, but that answer never did. So as the consensus was flowing towards Forrest giving out cryptic answers to searchers, I wondered how that could fit in to my solve.

[Image: 8339527613630c39d86153bd36d42836.jpg]

Martin makes high-end surgical steel scissors. And who ever did King Tut better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbavuReVF4
Quote: "I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over.” -f

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possibilities Mindy 3 2,513 10-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Windy City