Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unpublished FF Scrapbook Story
09-30-2020, 01:06 AM,
The Bike Tire

One summer in West Yellowstone I was really mad at Skippy, probably for some very good reason. “I’ll get him good,” I told myself.

He never followed the roads on his bike when he was coming home from town to our little cabin. He just dead reckoned straight through the trees. Downed pines were everywhere so he had to circumnavigate a few places. There was one spot where he had pulled two logs apart just enough to get through, and he never slowed.

"Ah ha," I thought, “Here’s my chance to get even,” and I found a small board with a nail sticking out about 2 inches. I placed that beauty right in the middle of the opening through the logs, and covered it over with dirt. There was no way the bike tire could miss it.

Except Skippy saw me, which was very unfortunate timing on my part. What happened next is still a blur in my mind, but for a long time I had dreams about not doing anything like that again.

Glad I don’t have a picture to illustrate this story.
10-01-2020, 03:16 AM,
RE: Unpublished FF Scrapbook Story
Eight-pound Rainbow

Please don’t ask me where I caught this 28 inch rainbow on a size 16 Midge Blue Dun dry fly and a 2 pound tippet because I wouldn’t even tell my own mother. That stretch of river is one of my super-secret spots, which means I wouldn’t tell my father either.

Some places, like a great lithic scatter, are just too good to share with anyone. They’re like a recipe for your grandmother’s chocolate cake. You wouldn’t tell anyone about that, would you? Well, would you?

Oh, what's that? Is that my phone? 'Scuse me.

"Hello?"

“Yes, Honey, thanks for calling, I’m fine.”

“What’s that?”

“Please don’t ask me again because that stretch of river is seriously sacred to me, and you know…”

“What? Please speak up, I’m having trouble…”

“No, of course it’s not that I don’t trust you. You should remember because you took the pic...

“Please speak a little louder, Honey, because I…”

“Yes, of course I know we’ve been married for more than sixty-one years, but just barely, and besides, you know that your brother talks some, and if…”

“What? No, no, please don’t say that, Darling. I do not love fishing more than I love you, it’s just that…”

“Now, slow down just a minute, Sweetie, that’s not fair and you shouldn’t…”

“OK, Peggy, I’ll make you a deal. Let me give Donnie Joe your recipe for Coca Cola chocolate cake, and I’ll tell you where I cau…”

“Now wait a minute, Sweetie, there’s no need to shout, and you know I wouldn’t…”

"Heh-heh. Yeah, I love you too."

Uh. That was my wife. She's home baking me a cake. Now where was I?
10-01-2020, 08:07 AM,
Seriously creative.

Becky, you should do a book titled "The Lost Fenn Papers"!

I would buy it.
10-01-2020, 04:02 PM,
Yes Becky should do that...I agree.
© Stephanie
10-01-2020, 05:10 PM,
Becky, how many of Forrest's published Scrapbook stories did you write?
10-02-2020, 12:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2020, 12:48 AM by Becky from WV.)
@Gremlin - Oh, boy ... what a loaded question that is! All evening long I've been considering how to answer it honestly. I've decided that since few searchers on this blog EVER believe me anyway, NO matter what I say, I probably should decline to elaborate at this time. Sorry.

@Beavertooth & Stephanie - Definitely NO book. I believe FF's scrapbook stories, whether published or NOT, belong freely to all of us. Sadly though, as I have come to understand the legalities involved, the Fenn family maintains the rights to everything concerned with the Chase.

But here's something that might be a little interesting to somebody. One day FF emailed me & said that he was in the mood to answer questions. He told me to ask anything I wanted to know (NOT treasure-related), & to put it in the form of Six Questions. So I did.

Here are my questions & FF's answers.

1. Why did God (assuming he exists) make my arms too short to scratch my back where it itches?
..... Because God wanted to give your boyfriend something to do.

2. Why did He not make our teeth of fiberglass or some other more durable material?
..... Because he wanted to give other parts of your body more longevity and you can’t have everything.

3. Why did He not give us a way to communicate with our dead loved ones?
..... He did but you don’t know how to do it. Sometime I’ll show you a few things.

4. Why did He put so many calories in cheesecake, but not in broccoli?
..... To make women delightfully plump.

5. Why do my eyes close every time I sneeze?
..... Your eyes don’t close, Becky, only your eyelids close. You should be more observant.

6. And lastly, on every box of microwave popcorn it says "Do not use popcorn feature on microwave". So why is there a useless "Popcorn button" on my microwave?
..... It is one of the rules that Michelle Obama made.
10-02-2020, 09:37 AM,
So someone else wrote the scrapbooks and searchers were all scouring them for clues?
The finder even mentions how impressed he/she was by the scrapbooks.
10-02-2020, 10:33 AM,
I tried to talk about this many times. No one cares or believes or even listens. Isn't it quite irrelevant at this point?
10-04-2020, 04:43 AM,
I've known that Becky wrote/edited the scrapbooks for a bit now(after it was "found")...but didn't feel it was my place to tell her story...but I think it should show how wrong Forrest was in what he did. Those who followed the scrapbooks were mislead. I still conclude that there was a point in the beginning of the search he made a decision to now allow it to be found...but this seems to be proof that he manipulated people.

It doesn't change that we all enjoyed Forrest's personality and admired and respected his accomplishments...but that doesn't mean we need to erase the possibility that he mislead or lied to us.
© Stephanie
10-04-2020, 07:20 AM,
So, how did that work. Did Forrest write the rough draft and send it to Becky, or did Forrest just forward searcher emails to her.