Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "clue" is not one question. It is one answer.
10-01-2020, 01:33 PM,
A "clue" is not one question. It is one answer.
A Single clue in the FF poem can ask many questions, but it DEFINITELY only arrives at one OBJECTIVE answer. Answering a clue doesn't leave you needing more in that clue, it takes you to the next step.

"The biggest conspiracy in the Chase is not how it ended. It is how people want trailer fights and no one wants to believe a solve." 5-LB
10-11-2020, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 01:52 AM by realistrealist.)
RE: A "clue" is not one question. It is one answer.
(10-01-2020, 01:33 PM)LeadSolver Wrote: A Single clue in the FF poem can ask many questions, but it DEFINITELY only arrives at one OBJECTIVE answer. Answering a clue doesn't leave you needing more in that clue, it takes you to the next step.

"The biggest conspiracy in the Chase is not how it ended. It is how people want trailer fights and no one wants to believe a solve." 5-LB

This is a great post. the poem is a series of riddles with definitive answers or "clues" which need to be applied to a map. You marry the clues to a map and the poem - not simply the poem to a map.

I believe people misconceive the meaning of Scrapbook 107 and err in believing that it is referring to GPS coordinates. Fenn wrote a few scrapbooks on order – the way in which things are placed. While I think many of the scrapbooks were written to troll ardent searchers and have a little bit of fun, I do believe there was a subtle message behind some of the scrapbooks. If you’ve been around and read a lot about the chase and saw the telephone puzzle Fenn e-mailed to a searcher, you’d arrive at the answer “0”. “0” is a number that used to be used for connecting to operator assistance. What the hell does operator assistance have to do with the poem and solving it? Look up the bygone era of switchboard operating and maybe you’d come up with the conclusion that Fenn’s puzzle was a subtle hint to the poem being like a switchboard – your goal is to connect the right lines in order to get to the right ending. This is hinted at on the inside cover of every copy of TTOTC.
10-11-2020, 11:21 AM,
RE: A "clue" is not one question. It is one answer.
(10-11-2020, 01:51 AM)realistrealist Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 01:33 PM)LeadSolver Wrote: A Single clue in the FF poem can ask many questions, but it DEFINITELY only arrives at one OBJECTIVE answer. Answering a clue doesn't leave you needing more in that clue, it takes you to the next step.

This is a great post. the poem is a series of riddles with definitive answers or "clues" which need to be applied to a map. You marry the clues to a map and the poem - not simply the poem to a map.

I believe people misconceive the meaning of Scrapbook 107 and err in believing that it is referring to GPS coordinates. Fenn wrote a few scrapbooks on order – the way in which things are placed. While I think many of the scrapbooks were written to troll ardent searchers and have a little bit of fun, I do believe there was a subtle message behind some of the scrapbooks. If you’ve been around and read a lot about the chase and saw the telephone puzzle Fenn e-mailed to a searcher, you’d arrive at the answer “0”. “0” is a number that used to be used for connecting to operator assistance. What the hell does operator assistance have to do with the poem and solving it? Look up the bygone era of switchboard operating and maybe you’d come up with the conclusion that Fenn’s puzzle was a subtle hint to the poem being like a switchboard – your goal is to connect the right lines in order to get to the right ending. This is hinted at on the inside cover of every copy of TTOTC.

Not only that... old things, telephones....... maybe the solve is ANALOG.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  answer John Brown 1 1,247 06-20-2018, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Answer(s) John Brown 4 2,256 05-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  My 9.01 Answer geydelkon 15 5,922 11-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Answer the Question's eYe4-1 0 1,279 09-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: eYe4-1
  The answer(s) I already know John Brown 6 5,223 06-16-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post: muset