Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember that time ...
10-07-2020, 04:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 04:25 AM by lead searcher.)
Remember that time ...
some guy got a "two-month time-out" on this forum and was forever made to feel unwelcome here after declaring he had solved all nine of the clues and would return to the treasure location the same day Forrest said it was found? Man, what a coincidence. Who was that guy, anyway? As I recall, he said he called himself the "lead searcher" just to get your attention but the supermoderator implied he was a narcissist in absentia.

Maybe if you'd have taken him seriously, you'd have the answers you seek.

Go ahead and make the ban permanent this time. I couldn't care less.

Deleted thread.
Got screenshots.
Game over.
I win.
10-07-2020, 05:06 AM,
RE: Remember that time ...
Was it you?
10-07-2020, 07:02 AM,
(10-07-2020, 04:09 AM)lead searcher Wrote: some guy got a "two-month time-out" on this forum and was forever made to feel unwelcome here after declaring he had solved all nine of the clues and would return to the treasure location the same day Forrest said it was found? Man, what a coincidence. Who was that guy, anyway? As I recall, he said he called himself the "lead searcher" just to get your attention but the supermoderator implied he was a narcissist in absentia.

Deleted thread.
Got screenshots.
Game over.
I win.

I'd be interested to see. Although I can't say why you might have been banned previously, I would assume you wouldn't let a temporary ban really affect your life that much.
10-07-2020, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 08:38 AM by Beavertooth.)
(10-07-2020, 04:09 AM)lead searcher Wrote: some guy got a "two-month time-out" on this forum and was forever made to feel unwelcome here after declaring he had solved all nine of the clues and would return to the treasure location the same day Forrest said it was found? Man, what a coincidence. Who was that guy, anyway? As I recall, he said he called himself the "lead searcher" just to get your attention but the supermoderator implied he was a narcissist in absentia.

Deleted thread.
Got screenshots.
Game over.
I win.

So you are not a narcissist, and adopted your name just to get our attention? My bad for not remembering your earlier post. But now you erase your thread so people can't see what you may have done wrong (ie, hide the evidence). And you decide not to give answers people are seeking.

So tell me, what words describe someone who doesn't like the outcome and decides to take his marbles, ball, or whatever, and go home and ruin the game for everyone else?

And what did you win? Except for showing everyone the type of person you are.
10-07-2020, 10:09 AM,
EmbroideredChaos,

You're going to believe what you want to believe, regardless of what I do or don't say.

total1ty,

You'd be interested to see what, exactly? I could tell you why I was banned, but I'm afraid my explanation would fall on deaf ears. See Beavertooth's pathetic attempt to bait me into retaliating. He's lying about me, by the way--not that I expect you to care, but there it is. I'm just saying, if I had been in his position, I would have at least pondered the necessity of what I had done, if not try to put 2 and 2 together: Guy claims he's solved all the clues, gives a specific date for retrieval, opens himself up to questions, gets mercilessly ridiculed, is cordial with the people attacking him, gets banned for rocking the boat. (Yep, that's really how it went down. As I said, I got the screenshots. He's invoking ignorance.) Then the discovery is announced before he's even returned home. Nobody bats an eye. Nobody has anything to say after "apparently someone just did [find the chest/end the chase]," like it doesn't even register that the guy they were just attacking may have been telling the truth, and instead they plunge into a dozen rabbit holes to theorize how it might have gone down. Yet nobody, over the course of four whole months, decides to look at what was being posted around that time. Now I'm being criticized for taking control of my own proprietary information after it was buried in this state of oblivion, and only because I took the time to notify you that I had reclaimed it. Really? Oh, that's right. I got a "timeout" because I used "bad language," therefore, everything that follows is mature, healthy, edifying and appropriate--you know, forum rules and all. Except that I didn't say anything worse about her (Kpro) than half the people here are doing right now. Actually, I didn't even delete that post; I only deleted the thread from June 2-5. (Think about it. My last post was June 4, the day I left. A four-day timeout would have had to have lasted at least until June 8. And I had just returned from my last trip before that.) My post (verbatim, c+p) was, in response to Poll: Who is the Chase's A$$hole of the Year: "*spoiler alert* I can't believe Kpro only has a 16-point lead. It should be obvious. If I had posed the question, she'd have been the only option." In other words, there is literally only one person I would call an "A$$hole" out of every contender, despite whatever antipathy I may feel toward any of them. It's still there; see for yourself. If that weren't the case, though, then there would be no need for the person who performed the moderating action to inject himself into the discussion and take a defensive posture. All I said is that he implied I was a narcissist after he prevented me from responding and had already had the answer to his rhetorical question to that end--not exactly a big reason to think one has lost face, in my estimation. If I wanted--if I was the kind of vindictive character he's making me out to be--I could really cause him to regret it. That's........ NOT the type of person I am. But you see, in telling everyone (not me, because he knows I know me better than he does) that I'm broadcasting what kind of person I am, he's projecting. Really, he's insinuating that he doesn't want to talk about what I have to say, which is really the only substantial thing left with regard to this whole thing which is ostensibly the basis for this whole "community." Instead, he's proving that I was right about my initial point of contention. I said that the conspiracy theories being touted here about Forrest being DB Cooper and his alleged marital infidelity and whatever weren't benefiting anyone's pursuit of the prize, and that you had an "extremely narrow" time window to contribute something or be involved in the end of the chase, for which he called me a "terrorist" (not kidding). I would think that in hindsight, the "shoot the messenger" mentality would have worn off by now, but I underestimate the effects of tribalism and groupthink when people are given a minimal amount of power, because my own projection makes me think people tend to behave with more class and sense of propiety than they do in real life situations. Although I came here with the intent of answering some questions, I'm met with three words from one curious searcher followed by two posts from moderators. Methinks the ratio of chiefs to Indians is too high to support meaningful dialog. And I'm more than happy to walk away from this and never look back. That's what I call karma: My intent was to give you closure, and instead, I'm the one who gets it, because I'm the one who came into this discussion with pure motive. I was going to say "You've had four months to work it out" but changed that to "Maybe if you'd have taken him seriously, you'd have the answers you seek," as I thought the former statement would come across as too demeaning. Again, I wasn't thinking that as a general rule, humans are incapable of introspection, so 9 times out of 10 the actual meaning of my words here is meaningless to the intended recipient. Either way I get the same treatment, so whatever. Couldn't care less. I bring it up now, though, both because it was therapeutic for me to type that (initially--I'm hesitant to post this now), and because I, too, have had four months to think about things. I don't know that my perspective has changed that much, but certainly more than the person trying to impugn me. I'd like to think that in the long run, I'm better off for it. Hence "I win." Was I tempted to get my revenge? Certainly, but I didn't give in to it. The chase was just an extension of the individual searcher's inner struggles. The challenges we face have the capacity to turn us into heroes or monsters. As in all contests, there were other winners... and some losers are a little more sore than others.

That said, I don't know you so I've got nothing against you. (Hence this direct and almost entirely unsolicited engagement.) You're right in the sense that what petty people say about me without making any sincere attempt to know the first thing about me doesn't affect me, but you're wrong if you assume that means I don't care. I'm here because I didn't sleep last night. Not so much here, but I saw elsewhere how much the people searching for the treasure chest were suffering in the aftermath of my last trip. A woman who had only ever been kind to me even committed suicide. Had I not been summarily dismissed the way I was, I could have addressed some of that. It still bothers me enough that I thought I should at least make an effort. But you all don't see me as someone who knows anything, so how can I? I have to broadcast that I do. (I literally just posted the solutions to two of the clues including contextual verification and a photograph from the treasure location, and nobody cared.) Unless, of course, I do it on YOUR terms. Even that might not have been out of the question, but with the way I've been treated... let me just say, you made the bed, so you get to lie in it. And in the end, I'm accused of doing something wrong because I've hidden the evidence--as opposed to, because you people are horrible, spiteful and ruthless, and I've got a family to protect. No "sorry for being such a douchebag," no "congratulations, well done," no "how can we help with all the BS?" and no "mind if I ask you a question?" Just more of the same invective. Suit yourself. And if you, total1ty, happen to have a problem with the way your fellow moderator is approaching this, then it's on you to say something. As it is, I think he speaks for everyone here, since he decides what is and what is not allowable speech.
10-07-2020, 11:05 AM,
If you had paid attention, I deleted the part of my post referring to bad language and a 4-day timeout within a couple of minutes of its first posting. I had you mixed up with LeadSolver. My apologies.

I still don't know what triggered your 2-month timeout, because my notes/screenshots are buried in a pile of unsorted printouts, and because you have erased all your pertinent posts. The post you left up about Kpro would have had nothing to do with it. No one has received a timeout here because of comments they made about Kpro as far as I know. And there have been many harsh statements said against her. So why you would think that is a mystery to me.

All I do know is that if you got a 2-month timeout, it is highly likely that you deserved it. Is it possible in your anguish over what transpired back then, you may have crossed the line in your posts? You have the screenshots, so you could reflect on that possibility, if you want to.
10-07-2020, 11:55 AM,
@lead searcher . Although I don't know the history , I agree with what you have written today 100% ,

For me , it comes down to this :

It's my belief that people aren't really here , or other forums , for the truth , or the solve , or the Chase for that matter . (I have experienced the same at all the "majors")

Because as soon as you say something that even remotely resembles the above , they attack and question every "factual" piece of info . But post some nonsensical garbage that makes no sense , you are suddenly a popular "Star on the walk of Fame" and get likes , and accolades like they are going out of style.

I just posted a thread on this very subject . The question was: Why if someone posts something that came from someones mouth won't garner a discussion , but conjecture and 3rd party hearsay gets a paid vacation to The Sunset Strip ?.

side note -(Out of 100 some views , I got 3 replies . Its funny , but the 2 out of your 3 replies on this thread , the same 2 out of 3 replied to mine .)

That side note is in defense of the 2 you are speaking to. Likewise , in defense to your beliefs 1 answered with complete humility and honesty and 1 was feigned confusion to a well positioned and articulated question.

Just sayin my brotha/sister , that I have learned , there are only a couple of us left on the internet that come from "the old school" and use forums as a conduit for group communication, discussions , and solutions to the problems we face.

In other words , Trolls gonna troll and the Real will ALWAYS recognize the Real . I recognize YOU today my brother/sister ! Peace
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."
10-07-2020, 12:24 PM,
Just to clarify, there are currently 127 viewing this forum, but only two are members that are allowed to post (one of them is me). The other 125 are "Guests" who are not allowed to post.

So don't feel like your thoughts are falling on deaf ears. They are just shy ears.
10-07-2020, 08:22 PM,
(10-07-2020, 11:05 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: If you had paid attention, I deleted the part of my post referring to bad language and a 4-day timeout within a couple of minutes of its first posting. I had you mixed up with LeadSolver. My apologies.

I still don't know what triggered your 2-month timeout, because my notes/screenshots are buried in a pile of unsorted printouts, and because you have erased all your pertinent posts. The post you left up about Kpro would have had nothing to do with it. No one has received a timeout here because of comments they made about Kpro as far as I know. And there have been many harsh statements said against her. So why you would think that is a mystery to me.

All I do know is that if you got a 2-month timeout, it is highly likely that you deserved it. Is it possible in your anguish over what transpired back then, you may have crossed the line in your posts? You have the screenshots, so you could reflect on that possibility, if you want to.

"Anguish"? What part of "I win" didn't compute? It seems you're in denial about how the chase ended and are projecting your own thoughts/feelings onto me... even though I just posted an image of clue #8 from the treasure location. If you're thinking that I put that article from "The Finder" on Medium, you're wrong. I thought that was obvious.

I would accept your apology, but you're still ignoring the substance of my post and theorizing why what you did might have been my fault. Take some responsibility. Obviously there was never a 4-day ban (I've already explained how this isn't possible) and you didn't have a real reason for the 2-month one other than that I challenged the legitimacy of the rumor mill you guys run here. Do you honestly not remember calling me a "terrorist" for saying that if anyone wanted to get information about the chase after June 5, they'd have to go through me to get it?

Look how that's turned out.
10-07-2020, 08:40 PM,
(10-07-2020, 08:22 PM)lead searcher Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 11:05 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: If you had paid attention, I deleted the part of my post referring to bad language and a 4-day timeout within a couple of minutes of its first posting. I had you mixed up with LeadSolver. My apologies.

"Anguish"? What part of "I win" didn't compute? It seems you're in denial about how the chase ended and are projecting your own thoughts/feelings onto me... even though I just posted an image of clue #8 from the treasure location. If you're thinking that I put that article from "The Finder" on Medium, you're wrong. I thought that was obvious.

I would accept your apology, but you're still ignoring the substance of my post and theorizing why what you did might have been my fault. Take some responsibility. Obviously there was never a 4-day ban (I've already explained how this isn't possible) and you didn't have a real reason for the 2-month one other than that I challenged the legitimacy of the rumor mill you guys run here. Do you honestly not remember calling me a "terrorist" for saying that if anyone wanted to get information about the chase after June 5, they'd have to go through me to get it?

Look how that's turned out.

Two things
1) LeadSolver got that 4-day timeout for bad language, which I already explained and is why I deleted it from my post within minutes of first posting it.
2) I don't recall calling you a terrorist, but if I did (which is doubtful), it sounds like you were threatening members here in some way (which is not allowed). How about a screenshot of what I said?

And I usually give terrorists at least a 3-month timeout anyway. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember when? OjoDude 19 8,817 08-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Do You Remember? (new MW) decall 30 16,884 08-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: N. Means
  Does anyone remember ...? Becky from WV 6 5,152 10-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Milan
  Does anyone remember "samsmith"? Plato II 10 6,403 08-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Last Post: timebandit
  A Time to Remember horsethief 1 1,707 05-30-2016, 09:14 PM