Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember that time ...
10-07-2020, 09:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 09:33 PM by lead searcher.)
RE: Remember that time ...
(10-07-2020, 11:55 AM)Faulkins Maze Wrote: @lead searcher . Although I don't know the history , I agree with what you have written today 100% ,

For me , it comes down to this :

It's my belief that people aren't really here , or other forums , for the truth , or the solve , or the Chase for that matter . (I have experienced the same at all the "majors")

Because as soon as you say something that even remotely resembles the above , they attack and question every "factual" piece of info . But post some nonsensical garbage that makes no sense , you are suddenly a popular "Star on the walk of Fame" and get likes , and accolades like they are going out of style.

I just posted a thread on this very subject . The question was: Why if someone posts something that came from someones mouth won't garner a discussion , but conjecture and 3rd party hearsay gets a paid vacation to The Sunset Strip ?.

side note -(Out of 100 some views , I got 3 replies . Its funny , but the 2 out of your 3 replies on this thread , the same 2 out of 3 replied to mine .)

That side note is in defense of the 2 you are speaking to. Likewise , in defense to your beliefs 1 answered with complete humility and honesty and 1 was feigned confusion to a well positioned and articulated question.

Just sayin my brotha/sister , that I have learned , there are only a couple of us left on the internet that come from "the old school" and use forums as a conduit for group communication, discussions , and solutions to the problems we face.

In other words , Trolls gonna troll and the Real will ALWAYS recognize the Real . I recognize YOU today my brother/sister ! Peace

I was a forum moderator once upon a time, even had my own forum. I know it's a thankless job and that no one is more invested in the discussions than the moderators. I have nothing against them. To me, it's more of a cultural/institutional thing and (in terms of ridicule, dismissal, aversion to truth, etc.) a human nature thing. I spent most of the night reading posts here last night. When I see the site admin advocating class action lawsuits and all that, and I know for a fact that she's the "anonymous" source targeting Forrest in an attempt to create a scandal, while simultaneously being referred to on social media as the one who was closest to the chest when she doesn't even believe the chase was real or she thought that it was at San Lazaro(?), I can't help but think I'm better off just keeping my mouth shut and letting the conspiracy theories run amok. I *almost* took her up on the GoFundMe thing she mentioned, since I had already promised Forrest I would donate the chest to the Cody museum a year ago and am not getting a dime from this, but I know that no good will come of trying to reach out. Like you said, they're not here for answers or even for real discussion. And I've always had a natural aversion to cliques. I know that some people are here for that, though, maybe lurking, so I've put a lot of thought into how to go about it. I wish there was a way. I mean, I waited four months, popped in here again, and within 24 hours I learned that Barbara Andersen is filing a new motion. All of the suggestions I've seen (even the nicely-worded ones) whether here, or on Reddit, or Harry's or whatever, make all kinds of assumptions about how it wouldn't hurt me to divulge some such thing, as if they know that. The truth is, they just don't care. I listened to Forrest and didn't engage in any social media activity until after I found the treasure location last year, at which point I really just wanted to see where the competition was. I thought I had all the time in the world. And then suddenly somebody else got really close. (Recall that Forrest said if he knew the solution over the winter, he'd be very quiet until the spring. Compare that to the braggarts who talked for hours and hours and used clickbait to try to establish themselves. But somehow I'm the narcissist...) When asked why I posted my thread here on June 2, I said it was out of necessity. I wouldn't have otherwise. It just doesn't make sense to me how someone could overlook what happened for four whole months and then suddenly think it's relevant again, unless it's to pick me apart to look for a reason/excuse to carry on with the attacks now that I've shown my face again.

When I asked Forrest if I was supposed to take the secret to my grave, I was hoping he would say "no." The man was wiser than anyone knows. But he relished being the only one to know. I hate it.

@Beavertooth

1) Understood.
2) I would acquiesce, but as far as I know it's not possible to post an inline image here, and I noticed after I posted those other (now deleted) ones with links here last night that I had given away an important clue about my identity. Consequently, I don't trust myself to attempt that kind of thing again. I've seen too much evidence from other interested parties to think that I can avoid being doxxed if I do, which is already a big concern of mine.
3) Some part of you must have known. There were a lot of dead giveaways.

I never lie. Take it or leave it.

Chris Yates obviously took my criticism of the general direction of this forum personally (he had posted more than 4000 times)--which I find ironic (and by "ironic" I mean 'predictable') since he evidently quit it months ago--and told me I was deluded. I rebutted his factual claims. He replied on June 4, saying, "the same person who is unimpressed with the quality of conversation here also says 'the poem is solved'" with "lol" at the bottom. I elaborated on my position, pointing out that several people had PMed me saying that the forum was dominated by assholes, but that I personally reserved that description for Kpro. I called the distractions by Chris Yates and others a "minor nuisance" and said "it bothers me that the discussion reverts back to them. But they do try so very hard to be the center of attention, so..." And then you banned me. (Not that I was going to post again anyway.) Chris then posted a link to a video clip from Billy Madison aimed at ridiculing me, to which you said "Appreciate the link, and the laugh." Then crazyfamily said I was delusional and a "chase terrorist," which you repeated. By the time you guys were done having your laugh, you got the news and the conversation ended.

This is why you can't have nice things.
10-08-2020, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 09:32 AM by realistrealist.)
There are many assholes online - it's to be expected. There are also many solves posted. Even moreso, there are many people that claim to have it solved and to know where it is without divulging any useful information - typically over the course of months releasing gibberish. When they finally reveal their solves, they typically end up completely batshit insane or trolls. My question, since I don't think I was perusing this site that much around that timeframe is: did you post a full solve or did you beat around the bush? If you didn't post your solve, what was your intended purpose (just read the last post, I can't conceive the necessity this late at night) for creating the post about when it would be found (with potentially hints people would not understand)? What's the intended purpose of these posts? You sound like a smart person... do you not see how other people would doubt your authenticity if you truly were the finder? We are strangers to you and you to us - our opinions should have no effect on your life. If you found it, just be happy and enjoy it man. Congratulations!

None of us are in the position you (or the finder) is in so if you're looking for advice it's unlikely any of us would be able to give you good advice. If you are having trouble sleeping, try writing out all your thoughts - for yourself. Let everything you are feeling out on paper and you'll be rid of it (I'm supposing that was what the medium post was like). You will eventually tire of it, I promise! After that, just live your normal life again for a little while, like I suppose you have been for the past few months.

I've encountered many a-holes on this forum (typically trolls) that have made claims with no support. I believe at one point things got so out of control the admins started banning people for false claims. I don't think I'd ever want to be a moderator and I got sucked into a few pissing matches because some people can just make a bad day worse.

It's true there can be a lot of animosity/hostility to solves people post - I found based on posting my own that I received more anger back when attempting to defend my interpretation. Tone is difficult to read through text so I always tried to take my interpretation of tone with a grain of salt and give people the benefit of the doubt. I think the search (at least search forums) had a tendency to attract people that were a bit overzealous. Chasechat in my experience was nice for reading loads of information and some of the posters are kind. Others are extremely tied to their solves and get angry at the suggestion your solve is in another state. I believe crazyfamily was adamant it was in NM even when I defended Wyoming with the copious amounts of information from the book. I was extremely tied to my first solve, but I still enjoyed reading other's. Chris Yates was a nut job as were a few other posters (the type that would cause me not to reveal my identity if I had found it). I enjoyed reading some of the drama here. I personally found Reddit the best for feedback even though there seem to be bots or something random going on there nowadays downvoting all posts. I do wish I'd read about your position while it was posted or via PM (heck, maybe I did in '18!) as I always enjoyed being a devil's advocate and trying to poke holes or help to see what maybe was being missed, but c'est la vie!
10-08-2020, 01:26 AM,
(10-07-2020, 09:00 PM)lead searcher Wrote: I elaborated on my position, pointing out that several people had PMed me saying that the forum was dominated by assholes, but that I personally reserved that description for Kpro. I called the distractions by Chris Yates and others a "minor nuisance" and said "it bothers me that the discussion reverts back to them. But they do try so very hard to be the center of attention, so..." And then you banned me.

I am tough on personal attacks on forum members, so I probably thought you were too focused on that aspect.

If I remember the Billy Madison clip correctly, I did get a laugh out of it, but more because of its general application to a moderator who has to read just about everyone's posts and cannot put many people on "Ignore" so I don't have to see or read their posts (as I did when I was not a moderator). I should have been more sensitive that you would feel that it was specifically directed towards you -- which I apologize for.
10-08-2020, 05:16 AM,
Maybe a reset is in order. Discussion is what we want here. I think everyone is willing to listen and converse. Just make sure it's civil.

As for anyone claiming they found the treasure, the internet is as anonymous as you can get, and photos and videos would go a long way. A photo of the chest next to a newspaper, online or physical, I'm thinking hostage pictures lol. Because so far, I'm not convinced. The photos in the medium article could have easily been sent with the original photos but held back from publication. And seeing as Forrest won't be answering any questions, that set of photos doesn't necessarily prove that it's the finder. Only Forrest could have confirmed it.

Finally, if I were the finder I would have hundreds of sexy pics of me holding the treasure, touching the gold, laying on a bed together just watching TV and chilling with my super awesome treasure chest. Because come on, who wouldn't want to pose with their treasure chest! LOL.
10-08-2020, 11:31 AM,
@total1ty - Too little, too late! (And NO, too (2) plus too (2) does NOT equal 4.) Those guys are a bunch of doofs! But I'm sure they mean well, & are filling some void that makes them feel better.

What's all this about sexy pictures of you & the treasure? I will bet that if you had told that to FF, you would have been the finder ... guaranteed. Geeze, total1ty, this could have been over years ago! Piles of gold & jewels with sexy pictures thrown in would have been FF's dream come true. You'd have been a shoo-in!

As an afterthought, I now see why Cynthia posted that picture of herself naked. But evidently without the treasure, FF was NOT swayed. Hey, that would have been a great contest for dal. Forget judging shadows & ornaments, go right for the "goodies". FF would have loved that.
10-08-2020, 01:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 05:28 PM by Beavertooth.)
(10-08-2020, 11:31 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @total1ty - Too little, too late! (And NO, too (2) plus too (2) does NOT equal 4.) Those guys are a bunch of doofs! But I'm sure they mean well, & are filling some void that makes them feel better.

What's all this about sexy pictures of you & the treasure? I will bet that if you had told that to FF, you would have been the finder ... guaranteed. Geeze, total1ty, this could have been over years ago! Piles of gold & jewels with sexy pictures thrown in would have been FF's dream come true. You'd have been a shoo-in!

As an afterthought, I now see why Cynthia posted that picture of herself naked. But evidently without the treasure, FF was NOT swayed. Hey, that would have been a great contest for dal. Forget judging shadows & ornaments, go right for the "goodies". FF would have loved that.

I'm surprised Cynthia got taken in by this latest "solve". She's either really hurting and looking desperately for closure, or she has been tasked with the assignment of closing down the discussions from unsatisfied searchers.

It is extremely doubtful (IMO) that Forrest would have used such a simplistic approach to the puzzle.

And "gone" and "alone" and "done" are not homophones of "one". You can look it up. Homophones have to sound the same, but are spelled differently (usually) and have different meanings. Without using "gone" and "alone", but keeping "done" as a rhyme for "one", their solve is still off by about 1,000 feet (or 800 feet even counting the ones) -- I thought Forrest said you could walk right to it with a correct solve. Without using "done", their goose is cooked and they have no solve in the Rocky Mountains. Yes, yes, I know. They will now claim it was not necessary to use homophones -- just find word-related numbers hidden in the poem for use as GPS coordinates. So homophones don't matter and Scrapbook 107 was a red herring all along.
10-08-2020, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 05:31 PM by Beavertooth.)
(10-08-2020, 01:08 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 11:31 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @total1ty - Too little, too late! (And NO, too (2) plus too (2) does NOT equal 4.) Those guys are a bunch of doofs! But I'm sure they mean well, & are filling some void that makes them feel better.

I'm surprised Cynthia got taken in by this latest "solve". She's either really hurting and looking desperately for closure, or she has been tasked with the assignment of closing down the discussions from unsatisfied searchers.

It is extremely doubtful (IMO) that Forrest would have used such a simplistic approach to the puzzle.

And "gone" and "alone" and "done" are not homophones of "one". You can look it up. Homophones have to sound the same, but are spelled differently (usually) and have different meanings. Without using "gone" and "alone", but keeping "done" as a rhyme for "one", their solve is still off by about 1,000 feet (or 800 feet even counting the ones) -- I thought Forrest said you could walk right to it with a correct solve. Without using "done", their goose is cooked and they have no solve in the Rocky Mountains. Yes, yes, I know. They will now claim it was not necessary to use homophones -- just find word-related numbers hidden in the poem for use as GPS coordinates. So homophones don't matter and Scrapbook 107 was a red herring all along.

I didn't watch the video, but did they even attempt to reconcile the path in the poem to their GPS coordinates or was it purely a GPS solve with some potential clues around the area?

IMO, the first 3 clues are "park", "box", and "foot". Is their location even in what you'd consider a canyon? It doesn't appear to be a box canyon to me.

I like the Isa Lake solves because of the repetitive W's in the first line. I believe WWWH was partially a hint towards state being Wyoming (like the big why - single question in the poem - phonetically why-go), but that it may have also symbolized waves (like the text for Stout-Hearted Men).
10-08-2020, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 05:31 PM by Beavertooth.)
Remember that time ...
(10-08-2020, 01:08 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:

Yes, I told you that SB107 was Forrest trolling.
10-15-2020, 06:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2020, 06:31 AM by lead searcher.)
@realistrealist

There's a lot that I could address in your comments. I'll try to hit the main points.

It's the fact that I was planning on coming here and divulging things that might have helped a lot of people work out their feelings that bothers me, because I got banned from posting the day before the event. And having thought very carefully about how to go about it, I decided that that was really my only option, short of going public. (The cons outweighed the pros on the other forums.) It's easy for someone like total1ty to say the Internet is anonymous and there's nothing preventing me from posting pictures, but he really doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm so constricted that I will not say one way or the other whether I have ever seen or touched the treasure chest--mentioning the location gives me plausible deniability, as evidenced by the fact that the one guy who remembers the thread where I told everyone which day I was going to retrieve the chest has nothing to say about it now (lol). But there are a lot of serious people out there, including most of the crazies. I knew guys when I worked for the government who could bypass a VPN and geolocate an IP in seconds without any sophisticated software. I've seen people on 4chan pinpoint someone's location with nothing to go on but a photograph with no metadata attached. And you'd be surprised how many ex-No Such Agency employees there are out there. Didn't Toby Younis say he's one? There you go. Not that he could hack his way out of a wet paper bag, but he probably knows someone who would do that for him. I've already said too much. Whatever. Anyone who manages to access my external drive will find other things on it that are more interesting anyway.

I developed two separate solves: one in 2018 and one in 2019. I have never posted or shared either of them, although I think about it just about every day. (I really don't think it's fair that the condition for having closure is knowing you had the wrong state. That is NOT what I agreed to. I'm much more interested in providing that opportunity for those who had the RIGHT state.) As far as I'm concerned, most people were approaching the problem the wrong way and using way too many inferences to base their conclusions on. Almost no one else who posted their solves after the fact (I read about a thousand of them) had the first or second clue nailed down--not even the person who got physically close because he was confident and correct about the third clue. (There were a lot of people who arrived there sort of by accident, checked it out, got stuck at the next clue and moved on.) I mean that listening to other people's ideas before it was over would have been a waste of time. It wasn't until last year that people were starting to figure things out, and I was only paying attention because it was making me nervous, as I knew I had a head start but that there was no second place trophy. Although, having somewhat paid attention to the recent discussions on r/FindingFennsGold, I think it's likely that those guys (I'm thinking of two or three of them in particular) will work it out at some point in the near future. One way or another, I reckon I'm going to have to say something if they do. When I posted here in June, I remarked that the gold owl which Forrest and his friend hid in France was never discovered even though they said that if everyone pooled their knowledge, it'd be over in minutes. I said I only needed help with the last 2%. That (the notion that I had figured out the rest of it) is why I was scoffed at--mostly I was told that it wouldn't be solved that way, because they couldn't comprehend my predicament. (Or, to make a psychological inference, because those people were projecting their selfishness onto the kind of person who might actually solve the clues, because they overestimated themselves and underestimated the importance of humility, which is evidently foreign to them.) I also did not hint at anything pertaining to the correct solve. Apart from the context I might have been willing to do it in, I can't imagine why anyone who had actually solved any of the clues would do that before the chase was finished. I was actually very reluctant to say anything at all. Hence the "necessity" comment. Basically, the last part of the puzzle was by far the most difficult, and I was about ready to give up even though I knew I was in the right location. I was hoping I could get someone to help me interpret something. In the end, it didn't turn out the way that either Forrest or I would have liked.

While I don't expect anyone to believe anything I say short of furnishing some sort of proof of discovery, I am a bit befuddled how so many people are falling for whatever disinformation is put out there by people who honestly have never had a clue, literally, but are making extraordinary claims. Forget Kpro/Cowlazars; that's beyond obvious and those people are what Trump would call "low IQ" anyway. (I'm pretty sure Forrest told her that to her face, actually.) Paulpaul has people congratulating him for being the finder in the comments on his YouTube videos even though he never even left the UK and routinely deletes/hides them to cover up his failed predictions. Same with Bill Gorman who said Forrest was going to send him the chest or something like that, I think, after he died, or something. I've seen a lot of that kind of stuff. Anyway, I mostly came here to vent and to see if the crowd here had grown up enough to make divulging some of my secrets worthwhile. Normally I would assume not, but I don't know. I see evidence to support either conclusion. Forrest was wrong about one thing though: him wearing the bracelet was not anyone's best revenge--not even his.

I've written out my thoughts, multiple times, different ways. My plan was to donate the chest, sell my story to Robert Redford, write a memoir and a poem exactly like Forrest's, and bury another treasure chest in a different location. (I did the poem part because it only took me an hour or two.) After I told him my plan [and this is one of the secrets I've been holding onto], he completely screwed me over in a way that I can't really undo. It has altered my perception of him in ways I don't care to admit. And unfortunately, I feel like I deserve it for what I did to him. It's a hard thing to deal with. I ... can't even apologize. And as much as I don't like how ... "The Finder" made things even worse, any intervention by my part at this point will only hurt his legacy. You guys don't know the half of it. "So, Forrest, who are you and who do people think you are?" "I hope nobody ever finds out."

Yeah.

To whom it may concern:

I'm going to look for another hidden treasure closer to home starting in six weeks. If I find that one (and I expect to), I will come back here and post links to three videos:

1) about the Barbara Andersen BS and why it's so irritating (you did it to yourself Barb)
2) explaining the backstory, including my correspondences with Forrest and the hidden-in-plain-sight meanings of Scrapbooks 203-215 (and maybe some others), how the chase ended, and, perhaps, what has/will become of the chest
3) explaining the solve that led me to Forrest's special location, with pictures/video of the site, and why I think it was special to him
10-15-2020, 07:13 AM,
It needs to be acknowledged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FindingFennsGol...epression/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember when? OjoDude 19 8,817 08-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Do You Remember? (new MW) decall 30 16,884 08-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: N. Means
  Does anyone remember ...? Becky from WV 6 5,152 10-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Milan