Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS coordinates in poem lead to treasure? I have doubts.
10-07-2020, 10:06 AM,
GPS coordinates in poem lead to treasure? I have doubts.
The concept of GPS coordinates hidden in the poem leading to Wyoming is interesting, but how do we reconcile that with the following statement made by Forrest during an interview in the YouTube video “Searching for Fenn’s Treasure Theatrical version”?

“You’re not going to find the treasure unless you decipher the nine clues in the poem.”

Here is another Fenn statement: “If you knew the geographic location of each clue it would be a map to the treasure”. So, each clue is a location in itself. But, the numbers supposedly comprising GPS coordinates do not individually represent a location.

One more: “There are several people that have deciphered the first two clues. I don’t think they knew it because they walked right on past the treasure chest”. If the clues are the numbers comprising GPS, how could only having two numbers get anyone that close to the treasure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-07-2020, 10:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 10:30 AM by Deano.)
RE: GPS coordinates in poem lead to treasure? I have doubts.
This is his impish back door red herring solve. It leads you to dry creek. You've come up dry. 15 years to write the poem.
10-07-2020, 10:40 AM,
(10-07-2020, 10:29 AM)Deano Wrote: This is his impish back door red herring solve. It leads you to dry creek. You've come up dry. 15 years to write the poem.

I agree. It wouldn't take 15 days to write a poem that had numbers "embedded" in the way that they propose. What a joke.

It is a complete insult to Forrest Fenn, who was a master wordsmith with a devilish sense of humor. He would be disgusted with this supposed scenario.
10-07-2020, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 10:50 AM by LeadSolver.)
I guess FF designed the poem so you had to find the exact rock outcrop, then the big face in the gnarled tree, make a left walk past the rowboat hulk near the river that everyone goes to, and finally look down...
Excuse my sarcasm, but OF COURSE there are coordinates- and NOWHERE near as easy to find in the poem as this Cow/K BS. DO NOT disavow coordinates as the final solve just because some fakers force the wrong set.
10-07-2020, 11:18 AM,
(10-07-2020, 10:50 AM)LeadSolver Wrote: I guess FF designed the poem so you had to find the exact rock outcrop, then the big face in the gnarled tree, make a left walk past the rowboat hulk near the river that everyone goes to, and finally look down...
Excuse my sarcasm, but OF COURSE there are coordinates- and NOWHERE near as easy to find in the poem as this Cow/K BS. DO NOT disavow coordinates as the final solve just because some fakers force the wrong set.

Point well taken.

However, I think both approaches are feasible. The first approach can work if the intervening clue locations are well-recognized geographic or other features that are unlikely to change for at least 50 years, and are well-documented on maps of 2010 vintage even if they do disappear in 1,000 years.
10-07-2020, 01:50 PM,
(10-07-2020, 11:18 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:50 AM)LeadSolver Wrote: I guess FF designed the poem so you had to find the exact rock outcrop, then the big face in the gnarled tree, make a left walk past the rowboat hulk near the river that everyone goes to, and finally look down...

Point well taken.

However, I think both approaches are feasible. The first approach can work if the intervening clue locations are well-recognized geographic or other features that are unlikely to change for at least 50 years, and are well-documented on maps of 2010 vintage even if they do disappear in 1,000 years.

I've been saying for years in chats that there is a set in the poem and a set on the ground of clues, where each clue is one answer preceded by many questions.
10-07-2020, 02:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 02:11 PM by realistrealist.)
(10-07-2020, 10:06 AM)BackTL Wrote: The concept of GPS coordinates hidden in the poem leading to Wyoming is interesting, but how do we reconcile that with the following statement made by Forrest during an interview in the YouTube video “Searching for Fenn’s Treasure Theatrical version”?

“You’re not going to find the treasure unless you decipher the nine clues in the poem.”

Here is another Fenn statement: “If you knew the geographic location of each clue it would be a map to the treasure”. So, each clue is a location in itself. But, the numbers supposedly comprising GPS coordinates do not individually represent a location.

One more: “There are several people that have deciphered the first two clues. I don’t think they knew it because they walked right on past the treasure chest”. If the clues are the numbers comprising GPS, how could only having two numbers get anyone that close to the treasure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. It's possible there are GPS coordinates hidden in the poem, but... the Dry Creek GPS solve is one of the most cockamamie derivations you could possibly come up with. OH's at least used logic; whereas, the one presented the past few days was absolute nonsense.

And I think people think of the clues as geographic sites first rather than actual one word clues first which are then supposed to be married to a map. I'm writing up a short paper on what I think they are, but some are already shown on this site. It's funny because I think he actually gives a few of them away in things he wrote/said.; the most prevalent quote of which people applied to State instead of clue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What if the Lead Searcher/Finder Walked Away? fabjr71 6 1,197 07-14-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Deano
  Treasure Location Coordinates Call Sign Janus 8 2 647 06-22-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Call Sign Janus 8
  Lead Searcher Death Row Top Secret 209 46,341 11-26-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Lead Searcher has a message for Fenn Top Secret 81 21,030 11-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Last Post: brubr
  Yes I will admit I'm the lead searcher. mike marcum 4 1,236 10-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
Tongue Treasure coordinates Chris Yates 8 2,000 09-29-2019, 05:05 PM
Last Post: astree