Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest’s Ejection Seat
10-10-2020, 09:39 AM,
Forrest’s Ejection Seat
The Chase was going down in a ball of flaming malignancy, fraught with obsessions, litigations, and deaths all fueled by avarice. So Fenn did what any good fighter pilot is trained to do—he pulled the lever on the ejection seat, and pulled the chest with him as he distanced himself from the plummeting wreck.

I believe he had done his best to think of everything, including the possibility the Chase would become malignant and repulsive even to himself, and had therefore baked, into the poem and the Chase, an extensive exit strategy that would provide a plausible and theoretically defensible, double-sealed closure.

This plausible (to the gullible) solve is slowly being trickled down by his extraction team for blind and unquestioning consumption by the devotees of the Chase.
10-10-2020, 02:35 PM,
RE: Forrest’s Ejection Seat
That is quite the opening post. Your verbiage sounds familiar.
10-10-2020, 06:47 PM,
Forrest’s Ejection Seat
Thanks. I try to write densely packed verbiage.
10-16-2020, 11:25 AM,
Does anyone actually know if FF was ill when he died? What I mean is, was FF suffering from a fatal illness such as stage 4 cancer or some other life-ending malady? He had lost so much weight & had become very frail in the months before his death. His clothes looked to be several sizes too big, ... yet he never opted for smaller ones.

To me, FF's death seems odd, to say the least. If he caused it himself deliberately, how would he have done that? I'm NOT trying to be morbid, but I'm having trouble forgiving him if he did. The things he wrote to me shortly before that awful day indicate that he had a personal hand in the act. I hope I'm wrong.
10-16-2020, 11:29 AM,
(10-16-2020, 11:25 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: Does anyone actually know if FF was ill when he died? What I mean is, was FF suffering from a fatal illness such as stage 4 cancer or some other life-ending malady? He had lost so much weight & had become very frail in the months before his death. His clothes looked to be several sizes too big, ... yet he never opted for smaller ones.

To me, FF's death seems odd, to say the least. If he caused it himself deliberately, how would he have done that? I'm NOT trying to be morbid, but I'm having trouble forgiving him if he did. The things he wrote to me shortly before that awful day indicate that he had a personal hand in the act. I hope I'm wrong.

Other Emails have corroborated your words. A few days before his passing, he told another searcher to hurry (and visit) because he didn't have much time left.
10-16-2020, 01:48 PM,
(10-16-2020, 11:25 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: Does anyone actually know if FF was ill when he died? What I mean is, was FF suffering from a fatal illness such as stage 4 cancer or some other life-ending malady? He had lost so much weight & had become very frail in the months before his death. His clothes looked to be several sizes too big, ... yet he never opted for smaller ones.

I very much doubt he would have deliberately ended his life with Peggy still alive.

More likely that some disease took him before she passed. However, if Peggy was going down fast, he could well have been planning his own exit shortly thereafter, which could have steered his writings in the last days

Just my opinions.
10-16-2020, 08:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 08:29 PM by Ayani.)
Forrest’s Ejection Seat
(10-16-2020, 11:25 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: Does anyone actually know if FF was ill when he died? What I mean is, was FF suffering from a fatal illness such as stage 4 cancer or some other life-ending malady? He had lost so much weight & had become very frail in the months before his death.

We know not the hour at which we will be called to the Lord.

Forrest was 90. Maintaining muscle mass in elder years is not easy; thinness and frailty are actually the normal condition for those so aged. Even the most hale among us eventually succumb to the burden of time. An age is attained when It’s easy to trip on a rug, fall down a step, or slip in a shower. When you’re elderly—all of these can be deadly, even though one is otherwise thought to be healthy.

It would be kind of the family to reveal the truth about the circumstances of Forrest’s passing. There are so many who feel a deep connection to Forrest through his writings, that when deprived of the facts about his demise, embarrassing though they may be (or not), will engage in creating an aura of speculation that is not truly healthy for anyone. The public sharing of the truth would serve best for all.
10-16-2020, 11:49 PM,
(10-16-2020, 08:05 PM)Ayani Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 11:25 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: Does anyone actually know if FF was ill when he died? What I mean is, was FF suffering from a fatal illness such as stage 4 cancer or some other life-ending malady? He had lost so much weight & had become very frail in the months before his death.

We know not the hour at which we will be called to the Lord.

Forrest was 90. Maintaining muscle mass in elder years is not easy; thinness and frailty are actually the normal condition for those so aged. Even the most hale among us eventually succumb to the burden of time. An age is attained when It’s easy to trip on a rug, fall down a step, or slip in a shower. When you’re elderly—all of these can be deadly, even though one is otherwise thought to be healthy.

It would be kind of the family to reveal the truth about the circumstances of Forrest’s passing. There are so many who feel a deep connection to Forrest through his writings, that when deprived of the facts about his demise, embarrassing though they may be (or not), will engage in creating an aura of speculation that is not truly healthy for anyone. The public sharing of the truth would serve best for all.

Kind words . I agree 100% .
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."