Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As the Chase Turns
10-21-2020, 02:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 04:50 PM by Top Secret.)
As the Chase Turns
Remember a few years back and this forum started to report Fenn shenanigans and experiences that shed a dark cloud over the fun spirited chase? It was like chase chat had pi$$ed in the chase cornflakes and two notables (krappO and Hairy) saw it as an opportunity to split and create forums of hate towards chase chat and to shield them from the reality of the chase and to feed the false illusion of grandeur and promote the Cinderella story.

Fast forward three years, the chase ended in a total flop, no Finder, no solve, no closure, just disappointed chasers who were convinced by Hairy and krapo that chase chat had it wrong.

Now that the truth is coming out, we have these two cult leaders desperate for answers and meaning to their pathetic existence in these events. KrappO's post chase depression allowed her and Cynthia, who are desperately seeking ways to stay relevant while looking for ways to dig their way out of the deep hole they dug, to be duped into a failed solve and to manufacture closure and to cling on to the center of attention.

On the other hand, Hairy who once bragged about how the lead searcher (something Fenny denies existed) lived in their hate house because Fenny joined the club, now desperately begs for the "Mountain lion" (female searcher), who had an affair with the great Fenny to come forward.

Searchers have realized they have been duped by Fenny and these two turkeys and are coming back to this forum. Why? Because they know we had it right. They know we knew the truth and they want to be apart or that.

This chase serves as a perfect case study on the how desperate people can be exploited and manipulated by cults.
10-21-2020, 03:50 PM,
RE: As the Chase Turns
FF's hidden self-centeredness spread out into everyone. Made people nuts & now it's about who was right. Sad thing is... being right hardly ever works either. You had to be corrupt when this was all making money. It's like... this whole entire corrupt MFer that is decades of middle-America, politics and Fenn has come down to everyone being humbled. Most hide it- they hide away- they've thinned way down in chats.

It's not lost on me. Someone coming out against corruption and being right, shit, I'll get everybody else out of the way so they can preside. Kpro is all but destroyed as far as any say in the Chase, but she gets to be destroyed after it mattered anyway. We all knew that was coming. Harry's begging for whistleblowers? That's wild. Fenn used us all; burned Lead Searcher and went crazy, stopped trusting & died.

You know who did good in 2020? The top 1,000 richest people. Bezos and Putin are headed to being trillionaires. TRILLIONAIRES, man. Everybody knows what needs to be done. NO MORE FKG GAMES WITH RICH GUYS. Destroy the BS. If you don't- you go NUTS too. This is well-documented in history. Here we are.

You know who the 100 secret viewers are? 10 government people, 6 popular users who are logged out, 4 worried Fenn-siders, and 80 poor souls seeing if some shred of new info ever comes out. I do want to congratulate Chase Chat for being correct. I NOTICE.
10-21-2020, 04:27 PM,
Fenn completely lost his mind because Chaos f***ed with his head for two years.

Chaos told Fenn that the treasure was cursed because of all the graves that Fenn had robbed.

I solved your poem, but I don't care about your treasure.

The only difference between Fenn and Jim Jones is that no Kool Aid was consumed at the end of the chase (we think).
10-21-2020, 04:42 PM,
(10-21-2020, 04:27 PM)question Wrote: Fenn completely lost his mind because Chaos f***ed with his head for two years.

Chaos told Fenn that the treasure was cursed because of all the graves that Fenn had robbed.

I solved your poem, but I don't care about your treasure.

The only difference between Fenn and Jim Jones is that no Kool Aid was consumed at the end of the chase (we think).

Like I said in the "Manowar: Guyana" post at Brutal's: it's either we solve to the death or walk too far!

So the Fennsiders are out changing the subject today on Youtube. Pretty sure a better solve than the hoax gets forced out soon.
10-22-2020, 09:18 AM,
The truth of the chase started way before CC ever did. Actually I believe that nothing ever changed from the very beginning in 2008.

The chase never included gold or trinkets or jewelry, and that nice pretty bracelet that Fenn wanted so desperately for someone to bring it back to him.

Nope, none of it. Just a photo session to a dare/oneupsmanship/threat aimed at an organization and a landowner. What’s so hard to believe in the simple truth?

The poem, it’s real.
Complicated, yes.
A real place, yes.
Everything else? Dreams and fairy dust.
Was it meant this way from the start? Yes.

You all got schooled by the master deceiver. He simply took his skills in pawning a fake artifact, and added
some bigger tales and lies.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10
10-22-2020, 09:30 AM,
As the Chase Turns
What’s at the end of a rainbow? A tale.
10-22-2020, 11:27 AM,
(10-22-2020, 09:18 AM)Mongo Wrote: You all got schooled by the master deceiver.

While I respect that your digging may have come up with the "truth" about the chase, didn't you also invest a lot of time and money in this? If so, maybe "you" above should be "we".

When did you first decide it was a fake? If before you spent time and money, then I commend you on your perceptiveness. But why then spend the effort?
10-22-2020, 11:34 AM,
(10-22-2020, 11:27 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:

While I respect that your digging may have come up with the "truth" about the chase, didn't you also invest a lot of time and money in this? If so, maybe "you" above should be "we".

When did you first decide it was a fake? If before you spent time and money, then I commend you on your perceptiveness. But why then spend the effort?

This is an interesting point BT. At the beginning, I figured the odds were 50/50 that it was a hoax. But I searched anyways and put in thousands of hours like many others. I do believe Fenn was a compulsive liar and making things up at the end. So now I'm at 90/10 hoax. Pulling the chest, i.e., no finder, also makes it a hoax.
10-22-2020, 12:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2020, 12:33 PM by Beavertooth.)
(10-22-2020, 11:34 AM)question Wrote:

This is an interesting point BT. At the beginning, I figured the odds were 50/50 that it was a hoax. But I searched anyways and put in thousands of hours like many others. I do believe Fenn was a compulsive liar and making things up at the end. So now I'm at 90/10 hoax. Pulling the chest, i.e., no finder, also makes it a hoax.

A lot of people thought it "might" be a hoax along the way, but gave Fenn and the community the benefit of the doubt. In fairness to Mongo, he seemed to carry the "hoax" banner a lot earlier and a lot longer than almost anyone. But I was always disappointed that he did not sufficiently reveal his evidence, so I took his viewpoint with a grain of salt. I believe a few people asked him to "put up, or shut up" along the way, but he didn't.

Pulling the chest at the end (if that was what happened) does not make it a hoax in my mind. Sure, he could have put it where no one would really get to it -- which would be a hoax. But if he intended it to be found during the past 10 years, then I go back to my original post in this thread (and supplemented by other people's posts in the thread). With Covid a new risk factor and his other tribulations, he may have decided to end it to benefit himself, his family, and the overall searcher community.

Let's face it, for any one searcher the odds had to be 10,000-to-one against finding a correct solve (I am ruling out superficial searchers and solves). Assuming the value of the treasure at $2 million, the "average expected value" to any of us would be $200. ($2 million divided by 10,000-to-1 odds against). Even if you think you are smart enough to be in the 1,000-to-1 odds category, your expected value would still be only $2,000 -- or the cost of a couple of search trips (never mind 25 days searching one location on the unflinching belief you knew exactly where he wanted to die, and ignored the poem and TTOTC).

So in Fenn's mind, he was only hurting one potential searcher (a future "correct solver"), who already had 10 years to figure it out. Weigh that against his own problems and Covid, and it was an obvious thing to do.

Leaving us in the dark as to the solution of the poem and the treasure's location I believe had to do with his legal troubles. If he wanted to leave the treasure to a museum as part of his legacy, it would have been difficult to do if the treasure and his estate were tied up by new frivolous lawsuits (i.e., "that was my solve and I sent it to him three years ago, so he retrieved it back then and screwed me out of it")

These are just my opinions, of course.
10-22-2020, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2020, 01:13 PM by Top Secret.)
(10-22-2020, 09:30 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: What’s at the end of a rainbow? A tale.

And Fenny got plenty of that! LMAO!

Mongo I was telling you that while you were still hunting

(10-22-2020, 12:30 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:34 AM)question Wrote:

A lot of people thought it "might" be a hoax along the way, but gave Fenn and the community the benefit of the doubt. In fairness to Mongo, he seemed to carry the "hoax" banner a lot earlier and a lot longer than almost anyone. But I was always disappointed that he did not sufficiently reveal his evidence, so I took his viewpoint with a grain of salt. I believe a few people asked him to "put up, or shut up" along the way, but he didn't.

Pulling the chest at the end (if that was what happened) does not make it a hoax in my mind. Sure, he could have put it where no one would really get to it -- which would be a hoax. But if he intended it to be found during the past 10 years, then I go back to my original post in this thread (and supplemented by other people's posts in the thread). With Covid a new risk factor and his other tribulations, he may have decided to end it to benefit himself, his family, and the overall searcher community.

Let's face it, for any one searcher the odds had to be 10,000-to-one against finding a correct solve (I am ruling out superficial searchers and solves). Assuming the value of the treasure at $2 million, the "average expected value" to any of us would be $200. ($2 million divided by 10,000-to-1 odds against). Even if you think you are smart enough to be in the 1,000-to-1 odds category, your expected value would still be only $2,000 -- or the cost of a couple of search trips (never mind 25 days searching one location on the unflinching belief you knew exactly where he wanted to die, and ignored the poem and TTOTC).

So in Fenn's mind, he was only hurting one potential searcher (a future "correct solver"), who already had 10 years to figure it out. Weigh that against his own problems and Covid, and it was an obvious thing to do.

Leaving us in the dark as to the solution of the poem and the treasure's location I believe had to do with his legal troubles. If he wanted to leave the treasure to a museum as part of his legacy, it would have been difficult to do if the treasure and his estate were tied up by new frivolous lawsuits (i.e., "that was my solve and I sent it to him three years ago, so he retrieved it back then and screwed me out of it")

These are just my opinions, of course.
I always thought, the chase hoax never had a solve, it was just a super vague poem which could easily create millions of permutations by anyone form the average Joe to the PH D genius.

Fenn's game was to use the chest to get some chest (if you know what I mean - wink!) while being amused at all the creative and crazy solves that were produced. A good way to keep you mind entertained while you live out your not so exciting final decade.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So it turns out crowdsourcing really doesnt work mdavis19 5 3,297 02-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Rick Nowak
  a lot of time and twists and turns James Perotti 2 1,827 01-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Last Post: samsmith