Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As the Chase Turns
11-28-2020, 05:58 AM,
RE: As the Chase Turns
(11-24-2020, 11:52 AM)Top Secret Wrote: Hairy is totally losing it now that his love idol is gone forever. He is over at his house of coo-coo telling everyone how Fenn's house is worth $10 million. According to Zillow it is worth

4 bd1.5 ba 4,336 sqft
1021 Old Santa Fe Trl, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Off marketZestimate: $2,481,552

Does this include the value of the beat up chest that was/is in the backyard?
© Stephanie
11-28-2020, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 12:14 PM by LeadSolver.)
I got let back on THOR, and boy is it weird. Since one of the defining aspects of continued usership there is to not doubt the Fenn narrative, the "nutty cult" continues. I'm sure I'm not allowed to say it over there, and I know she's watching here, but... based on what I know, that she was banned from his house, the "stories" she is posting seem seem to be at the very least a lite-sociopathic way of going around her being banned. If she's doing this and she's NOT crazy, then it is to SELL something. Either another hoax solve, or valuable things FF gave her. But I did have this sad feeling for her when I read some of it, like she's losing it at management level.
11-28-2020, 12:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 01:09 PM by Top Secret.)
Finally Dal gets it, and is closing down shop. It finally sunk into that overly large skull that there is no finder and there is no chest coming up for sale. The story is dead. Time to move on and let krapo cry in her corner.
11-28-2020, 01:18 PM,
(11-28-2020, 12:02 PM)LeadSolver Wrote: I got let back on THOR, and boy is it weird. Since one of the defining aspects of continued usership there is to not doubt the Fenn narrative, the "nutty cult" continues. I'm sure I'm not allowed to say it over there, and I know she's watching here, but... based on what I know, that she was banned from his house, the "stories" she is posting seem seem to be at the very least a lite-sociopathic way of going around her being banned. If she's doing this and she's NOT crazy, then it is to SELL something. Either another hoax solve, or valuable things FF gave her. But I did have this sad feeling for her when I read some of it, like she's losing it at management level.

Kpro is getting banned and blocked all over the place because... and here's the best part... she's been stalking several people on social media who don't like her. Doug Preston told me that she cross-posted to his Facebook account claiming that she was with him at the time, when in fact she was not.

I did catch part of that last video and wow, absolutely certifiable Krazy.
11-28-2020, 02:44 PM,
(11-28-2020, 01:18 PM)question Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:02 PM)LeadSolver Wrote: I got let back on THOR, and boy is it weird. Since one of the defining aspects of continued usership there is to not doubt the Fenn narrative, the "nutty cult" continues. I'm sure I'm not allowed to say it over there, and I know she's watching here, but... based on what I know, that she was banned from his house, the "stories" she is posting seem seem to be at the very least a lite-sociopathic way of going around her being banned. If she's doing this and she's NOT crazy, then it is to SELL something. Either another hoax solve, or valuable things FF gave her. But I did have this sad feeling for her when I read some of it, like she's losing it at management level.

Kpro is getting banned and blocked all over the place because... and here's the best part... she's been stalking several people on social media who don't like her. Doug Preston told me that she cross-posted to his Facebook account claiming that she was with him at the time, when in fact she was not.

I did catch part of that last video and wow, absolutely certifiable Krazy.

Being banned from Fenn's house is having a big effect on her. She's got this captive audience in THOR that won't leave the party, and they're getting their brains rewired with her stories about how close she and Fenn were. It's weird. I point out that they're very different people now, maybe certifiably insane- just for being there every day, and I get block-listed by 'em. Some are spending 12 hours a day with it. I understand doing that if you are getting down to deciding what clues were, but they're also blocking out all determining clue factors. I'm just wondering what it is they're thinking they'll accomplish.
11-28-2020, 03:00 PM,
What's THOR?
11-29-2020, 01:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 01:29 AM by ravenhome777.)
Who is this Krapo person I keep hearing about? Does she have a forum somewhere? Who is Cynthia? I have been following the Chase for a long time and keep seeing these names pop up but I have no idea who they are.

Also, I read this thread and people are waxing a lot of lyrical. Can someone just come out and say what they think is going on in plain English? I'm not following. The Chase is over. It doesn't matter anymore. No need to be secretive.

(10-22-2020, 12:30 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:34 AM)question Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:27 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 09:18 AM)Mongo Wrote: You all got schooled by the master deceiver.

While I respect that your digging may have come up with the "truth" about the chase, didn't you also invest a lot of time and money in this? If so, maybe "you" above should be "we".

When did you first decide it was a fake? If before you spent time and money, then I commend you on your perceptiveness. But why then spend the effort?

This is an interesting point BT. At the beginning, I figured the odds were 50/50 that it was a hoax. But I searched anyways and put in thousands of hours like many others. I do believe Fenn was a compulsive liar and making things up at the end. So now I'm at 90/10 hoax. Pulling the chest, i.e., no finder, also makes it a hoax.

A lot of people thought it "might" be a hoax along the way, but gave Fenn and the community the benefit of the doubt. In fairness to Mongo, he seemed to carry the "hoax" banner a lot earlier and a lot longer than almost anyone. But I was always disappointed that he did not sufficiently reveal his evidence, so I took his viewpoint with a grain of salt. I believe a few people asked him to "put up, or shut up" along the way, but he didn't.

Pulling the chest at the end (if that was what happened) does not make it a hoax in my mind. Sure, he could have put it where no one would really get to it -- which would be a hoax. But if he intended it to be found during the past 10 years, then I go back to my original post in this thread (and supplemented by other people's posts in the thread). With Covid a new risk factor and his other tribulations, he may have decided to end it to benefit himself, his family, and the overall searcher community.

Let's face it, for any one searcher the odds had to be 10,000-to-one against finding a correct solve (I am ruling out superficial searchers and solves). Assuming the value of the treasure at $2 million, the "average expected value" to any of us would be $200. ($2 million divided by 10,000-to-1 odds against). Even if you think you are smart enough to be in the 1,000-to-1 odds category, your expected value would still be only $2,000 -- or the cost of a couple of search trips (never mind 25 days searching one location on the unflinching belief you knew exactly where he wanted to die, and ignored the poem and TTOTC).

So in Fenn's mind, he was only hurting one potential searcher (a future "correct solver"), who already had 10 years to figure it out. Weigh that against his own problems and Covid, and it was an obvious thing to do.

Leaving us in the dark as to the solution of the poem and the treasure's location I believe had to do with his legal troubles. If he wanted to leave the treasure to a museum as part of his legacy, it would have been difficult to do if the treasure and his estate were tied up by new frivolous lawsuits (i.e., "that was my solve and I sent it to him three years ago, so he retrieved it back then and screwed me out of it")

These are just my opinions, of course.

I agree with your assessment. It might have gotten pulled at the end, but I think it was out there. I am pretty good at telling when people are lying and I don't think FF was lying all those years. I think it was out there. He might have pulled it at the end because he knew he didn't have much longer and he didn't want his soul to depart from this earth with unfinished business, knowing all of us would continue wasting our time, money and risking our lives trying to find this silly treasure. It might not bode well for his soul. Who knows what really happens when we leave this life? He probably didn't want this silly treasure hunt keeping him pinned to this earth. I would probably have pulled it too given the circumstances.
11-29-2020, 01:08 PM,
Who's kpro and thor? I find it hard to believe you don't know lol...I have a feeling you know...
© Stephanie
11-29-2020, 02:15 PM,
(11-29-2020, 01:13 AM)ravenhome777 Wrote: Who is this Krapo person I keep hearing about? Does she have a forum somewhere? Who is Cynthia? I have been following the Chase for a long time and keep seeing these names pop up but I have no idea who they are.

Also, I read this thread and people are waxing a lot of lyrical. Can someone just come out and say what they think is going on in plain English? I'm not following. The Chase is over. It doesn't matter anymore. No need to be secretive.

(10-22-2020, 12:30 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:34 AM)question Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 11:27 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 09:18 AM)Mongo Wrote: You all got schooled by the master deceiver.

While I respect that your digging may have come up with the "truth" about the chase, didn't you also invest a lot of time and money in this? If so, maybe "you" above should be "we".

When did you first decide it was a fake? If before you spent time and money, then I commend you on your perceptiveness. But why then spend the effort?

This is an interesting point BT. At the beginning, I figured the odds were 50/50 that it was a hoax. But I searched anyways and put in thousands of hours like many others. I do believe Fenn was a compulsive liar and making things up at the end. So now I'm at 90/10 hoax. Pulling the chest, i.e., no finder, also makes it a hoax.

A lot of people thought it "might" be a hoax along the way, but gave Fenn and the community the benefit of the doubt. In fairness to Mongo, he seemed to carry the "hoax" banner a lot earlier and a lot longer than almost anyone. But I was always disappointed that he did not sufficiently reveal his evidence, so I took his viewpoint with a grain of salt. I believe a few people asked him to "put up, or shut up" along the way, but he didn't.

Pulling the chest at the end (if that was what happened) does not make it a hoax in my mind. Sure, he could have put it where no one would really get to it -- which would be a hoax. But if he intended it to be found during the past 10 years, then I go back to my original post in this thread (and supplemented by other people's posts in the thread). With Covid a new risk factor and his other tribulations, he may have decided to end it to benefit himself, his family, and the overall searcher community.

Let's face it, for any one searcher the odds had to be 10,000-to-one against finding a correct solve (I am ruling out superficial searchers and solves). Assuming the value of the treasure at $2 million, the "average expected value" to any of us would be $200. ($2 million divided by 10,000-to-1 odds against). Even if you think you are smart enough to be in the 1,000-to-1 odds category, your expected value would still be only $2,000 -- or the cost of a couple of search trips (never mind 25 days searching one location on the unflinching belief you knew exactly where he wanted to die, and ignored the poem and TTOTC).

So in Fenn's mind, he was only hurting one potential searcher (a future "correct solver"), who already had 10 years to figure it out. Weigh that against his own problems and Covid, and it was an obvious thing to do.

Leaving us in the dark as to the solution of the poem and the treasure's location I believe had to do with his legal troubles. If he wanted to leave the treasure to a museum as part of his legacy, it would have been difficult to do if the treasure and his estate were tied up by new frivolous lawsuits (i.e., "that was my solve and I sent it to him three years ago, so he retrieved it back then and screwed me out of it")

These are just my opinions, of course.

I agree with your assessment. It might have gotten pulled at the end, but I think it was out there. I am pretty good at telling when people are lying and I don't think FF was lying all those years. I think it was out there. He might have pulled it at the end because he knew he didn't have much longer and he didn't want his soul to depart from this earth with unfinished business, knowing all of us would continue wasting our time, money and risking our lives trying to find this silly treasure. It might not bode well for his soul. Who knows what really happens when we leave this life? He probably didn't want this silly treasure hunt keeping him pinned to this earth. I would probably have pulled it too given the circumstances.

According to his grandson the chest was out there, but in a place nobody would be able to find or stumble upon, not even with the poem. I always felt the poem's clues can lead you to hundreds of places. This was by design of course. Fenn's one true genius (other than figuring out how to get people to spending thousands on forgeries) was coming up with a poem that was far too generic, but specific enough to make you believe it referred to one location. Yes, it could lead you directly to the treasure with confidence if you're name was Forrest Fenn.
11-29-2020, 04:09 PM,
(11-29-2020, 02:15 PM)filmguy Wrote: According to his grandson the chest was out there, but in a place nobody would be able to find or stumble upon, not even with the poem. I always felt the poem's clues can lead you to hundreds of places. This was by design of course. Fenn's one true genius (other than figuring out how to get people to spending thousands on forgeries) was coming up with a poem that was far too generic, but specific enough to make you believe it referred to one location. Yes, it could lead you directly to the treasure with confidence if you're name was Forrest Fenn.

Without any clues it's thousands of places. With half of it correctly solved, still over 120 places can be mistakenly pulled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fenn treasure hunt turns out to be a massive flop Top Secret 15 1,257 12-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Last Post: ravenhome777
  So it turns out crowdsourcing really doesnt work mdavis19 5 3,498 02-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Rick Nowak
  a lot of time and twists and turns James Perotti 2 1,977 01-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Last Post: samsmith