Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As the Chase Turns
10-22-2020, 01:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2020, 02:01 PM by filmguy.)
RE: As the Chase Turns
So, if Chasechat was the first site to dispute the legitimacy of the chase, then you'll have to ask who was the first within Chasechat?

If you look through the history of Chasechat and you will find djjmciv as the first to logically make claims to the chase being a ruse (to my knowledge and memory). And we are talking about presenting more depth of a discussion than just your typical, "It's fake" comments.

I always approached it as presenting an alternate view point and opening a discussion of the possibility.
Never a vendetta. In the beginning I was heavily sided on this is real and whenever I posted anything that contradicts the chase it was a way of working through and talking to peers about that little doubt in the back of my mind. The more Fenn contradicted himself and the more I internally investigated and found further contradictions the closer this became 50/50 for me.

We all need to ask why was it ever so high?
It's the age old saying,
If it sounds too good to be true, .......

(10-22-2020, 12:30 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: Let's face it, for any one searcher the odds had to be 10,000-to-one against finding a correct solve (I am ruling out superficial searchers and solves). Assuming the value of the treasure at $2 million, the "average expected value" to any of us would be $200. ($2 million divided by 10,000-to-1 odds against). Even if you think you are smart enough to be in the 1,000-to-1 odds category, your expected value would still

Not even close to the actual odds. Calculated by several people I don't remember the exact number (pretty sure its been posted here), but I do know that all of them were worse than Lotto odds.

Lotto = Bigger payout, better odds > Fenn's Chase
11-01-2020, 09:16 AM,
It was inevitable that the cult disciples like Hairy would wake up from their dream like trance and see themselves as they really are. Now Hairy spends his days pleading with "mountain lion" lady(s) who might have been abused by Fenn so he can start a class action lawsuit.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/chase/th...tml#p62606
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/chase/th...tml#p62609

This is really Hairy's way of admitting he was duped. I warned him he was getting in over his head with his love affair with Fenny, but the pathetic sour grapes gang really needs to move on.

Let go of the hate Hairy, you were duped, you were an idiot, now face the music loser!
11-01-2020, 04:22 PM,
TS - Had to go look to see what you're talking about. It's almost like someone hacked their account over there and started posting. Completely different tune. Something did stand out for me..

"F himself said there were no codes or cyphers in the poem." - Harry

Did I miss a quote or a searcher email get posted about this? About eliminates most of my solves as how I figured it'll be the only way to solve the post without specialized knowledge (which most tend to forget)
11-02-2020, 04:05 PM,
(11-01-2020, 04:22 PM)filmguy Wrote: TS - Had to go look to see what you're talking about. It's almost like someone hacked their account over there and started posting. Completely different tune. Something did stand out for me..

"F himself said there were no codes or cyphers in the poem." - Harry

Did I miss a quote or a searcher email get posted about this?

Yes. Part of a famous FF quote.

It was in a bigger list of many things that would not help solve the puzzle.
11-02-2020, 05:09 PM,
The beginning, it’s a great place to start.

I received an email from the supposedly first person who knew it was a hoax. I know of this persons solve, and I believe what this person has told me.

In the beginning, Dal, Mindy and Stephanie all had something going with Fenn.

I have actually seen the three emails between each of the above named individuals and it was on the exact same subject. Each reply that was returned from the aforementioned, all said the exact same thing.

The timing was everything and for a good reason.

Fenn put out an all out ban on said individual.

To this day, all three Dal, Mindy and Stephanie, have erased all traces of this one solve, directed by Fenn himself.

So the question that only the three above can answer,

Why did Forrest Fenn ask for a two week delay in posting this particular solve, which would have come after Fenn’s big announcement that was supposed to happen during his birthday party?

Why was his birthday party called off? (I was actually told this answer).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10
11-02-2020, 07:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 07:53 PM by Beavertooth.)
(11-02-2020, 05:09 PM)Mongo Wrote: The beginning, it’s a great place to start.

I received an email from the supposedly first person who knew it was a hoax. I know of this persons solve, and I believe what this person has told me.

In the beginning, Dal, Mindy and Stephanie all had something going with Fenn.

I have actually seen the three emails between each of the above named individuals and it was on the exact same subject. Each reply that was returned from the aforementioned, all said the exact same thing.

The timing was everything and for a good reason.

Fenn put out an all out ban on said individual.

To this day, all three Dal, Mindy and Stephanie, have erased all traces of this one solve, directed by Fenn himself.

So the question that only the three above can answer,

Why did Forrest Fenn ask for a two week delay in posting this particular solve, which would have come after Fenn’s big announcement that was supposed to happen during his birthday party?

Why was his birthday party called off? (I was actually told this answer).

Was it the original Folsom Falls solve?

Was the two-week delay to allow Forrest time to retrieve the chest (thereby making it a hoax)?

(11-01-2020, 04:22 PM)filmguy Wrote: "F himself said there were no codes or cyphers in the poem." - Harry

Did I miss a quote or a searcher email get posted about this? About eliminates most of my solves as how I figured it'll be the only way to solve the post without specialized knowledge (which most tend to forget)

Scrapbook Sixty-Two:

APRIL 2014
Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.f
11-02-2020, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 08:38 PM by LeadSolver.)
Forrest said “Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.” f
****BUT****
That is, I think, one of his greatest ambiguous statements. It lists a few things you can indeed use: Latin, charts, and ciphers, but surrounds them with useless things. You don’t need to know them to offer them in a positive solution. You don’t need to be fluent in Latin, be a chemist or know all about ciphers to search, solve and use them as systems and methods. And “positive solution” actually sounds like a good thing.
Yesterday, 11:52 AM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 12:04 PM by Top Secret.)
Hairy was once a Fenn skeptic but he let emotion get the best of him and thought he would create a new forum. Then it all changed. Fenn used his forum weapons against CC. It was all about get even with Admin. Fenny would promise all sorts of things to forum owners in his effort to control the narrative. All he had to do was make them feel special.

Hairy's greed and susceptibility to ego stroking (the Fenny Special) allowed his skepticism guard to drop. He then went all in with the Fenny love affair when Fenny joined his forum. Ole Hairy bit hard on the Fenn lure and became a Fenny faithful and evangelist. Sucking up to Fenny every chance he could get. Predicting the Finder was on his forum. Ha! Fenny created another sap sucker that would do anything on his command.

In the end, poor ole Hairy came to the realization he was played. Just like the rest of the forum owners. Fenn had seen what greed and gold fever would do to normal rational people in his gallery days and he used it in the chase, especially on forum owners

Now Hairy, spends his days dreaming up outrageous conspiracies like Fenny faking his death. I said it before, paranoia is an indicator of schizophrenia. Their type tend to gather together.

Hairy is totally losing it now that his love idol is gone forever. He is over at his house of coo-coo telling everyone how Fenn's house is worth $10 million. According to Zillow it is worth

4 bd1.5 ba 4,336 sqft
1021 Old Santa Fe Trl, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Off marketZestimate: $2,481,552

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So it turns out crowdsourcing really doesnt work mdavis19 5 3,160 02-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Rick Nowak
  a lot of time and twists and turns James Perotti 2 1,708 01-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Last Post: samsmith