Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the key scrapbooks & one ending
11-01-2020, 04:49 PM,
RE: the key scrapbooks & one ending
hell yeah.
11-02-2020, 12:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 12:55 PM by realistrealist.)
Scrapbook 50 - main takeaways

"A recent email from her illustrates why we don’t need an Equal Rights Amendment in this country." - Of the 3 states she visited, Wyoming is the Equality State and was the first to pass an ERA

"She bought a ’67 Ford for $400 so she could tear it up and sell the parts. “The radiator alone is worth $450,”" - Radiators are heat exchangers used to transfer thermal energy from one medium to another for the purpose of cooling and heating - WWWH symbolized as a radiator, it's more important than the rest of the car (or trip to Rockies) so focus on it (frequent Fenn comment about importance of first clue). Sounds like a hint to hot spring to me.

"She has a pet rooster named John Wayne that she might sell to raise additional funds. Her neighbor brings her corn and “he wants the chicken.”" He wants the biddy and TITLE (The Duke) to the gold(en goose). A duke is the highest possible rank in the peerage system.
11-02-2020, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 03:59 PM by Beavertooth.)
(11-01-2020, 12:27 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I disagree with most summaries of the SB’s and that one is no exception. This is an example of Forrest’s foray into political debate. Blue and red trucks, equal rights amendment etc. Forrest falls down when he says that “‘The radiator alone is worth $450,” and I suspect she knows about which she speaks.’” It takes all of 10 seconds to find a radiator for that truck on eBay for half the cost. Perhaps she could make money parting-out the thing, but it’s a short sighted profit. It’s the equivalent of selling parts of the treasure for the gold weight.

Forrest approached my wife with that equal rights scenario. Frankly, it was one of the more sophomoric things I’ve seen him do. His claim was why do women want to be equal when they can be better than men.

Marti has nothing on my wife. When she found a ‘60’s Ludwig solid oak drum set for sale that she wanted, the guy let her take it home to play on it for a few days. She took the cymbals to a pawnshop and got enough money pawning them to buy the drums. Back at you, Forrest.

Since Dal was picking photos back then, Forrest couldn't change the text when he asked Dal to change the picture. The text talks about a car with air conditioning. How much would a radiator for a Ford Galaxie be?

Love the story about the drum set! Years ago I had a solve that involved drum sticks (the kind you refer to). I have forgotten the details, but it involved a famous historic brand name for drum sticks, invented by a drummer musician, that linked back to TTOTC and the poem. I think I even emailed Forrest about those drum sticks (no response, however).

(11-02-2020, 12:55 PM)realistrealist Wrote: Scrapbook 50 - main takeaways

"A recent email from her illustrates why we don’t need an Equal Rights Amendment in this country." - Of the 3 states she visited, Wyoming is the Equality State and was the first to pass an ERA

"She bought a ’67 Ford for $400 so she could tear it up and sell the parts. “The radiator alone is worth $450,”" - Radiators are heat exchangers used to transfer thermal energy from one medium to another for the purpose of cooling and heating - WWWH symbolized as a radiator, it's more important than the rest of the car (or trip to Rockies) so focus on it (frequent Fenn comment about importance of first clue). Sounds like a hint to hot spring to me.

"She has a pet rooster named John Wayne that she might sell to raise additional funds. Her neighbor brings her corn and “he wants the chicken.”" He wants the biddy and TITLE (The Duke) to the gold(en goose). A duke is the highest possible rank in the peerage system.

All excellent ideas. The radiator also links back to pictures of leaky radiators in TTOTC. I think many (most?) Scrapbook ideas are just restatements of key hints in TTOTC. And don't forget that geysers also qualify along with the hot springs.
11-03-2020, 01:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2020, 08:58 AM by crazyfamily.)
the key scrapbooks & one ending
(11-02-2020, 01:15 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: All excellent ideas. The radiator also links back to pictures of leaky radiators in TTOTC. I think many (most?) Scrapbook ideas are just restatements of key hints in TTOTC. And don't forget that geysers also qualify along with the hot springs.
No doubt. The Cody story with the fan blades splashing water all over is all about Yellowstone. But to me the focus was in the boys being duped by the whole thing when Cody was served up as burgers. Just as Buffalo Bill Cody was duped by the government to kill buffalo in a game to lay claim to the name, Buffalo Bill. But, Buffalo Bill Cody has a memorial site overlooking Denver. A government pawn with a memorial overlooking Denver.
11-03-2020, 10:14 AM,
(11-03-2020, 01:13 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 01:15 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: All excellent ideas. The radiator also links back to pictures of leaky radiators in TTOTC. I think many (most?) Scrapbook ideas are just restatements of key hints in TTOTC. And don't forget that geysers also qualify along with the hot springs.
No doubt. The Cody story with the fan blades splashing water all over is all about Yellowstone. But to me the focus was in the boys being duped by the whole thing when Cody was served up as burgers. Just as Buffalo Bill Cody was duped by the government to kill buffalo in a game to lay claim to the name, Buffalo Bill. But, Buffalo Bill Cody has a memorial site overlooking Denver. A government pawn with a memorial overlooking Denver.

I think that leaky radiators relates to the pressurized sprinkler system that is next to the TC search area. The sprinkler line is a radial from the pump station that rotates around the semicircular field. Water is sprayed out (leaks) beneath the sprinkler pipe radial.

It's the same for the rotor blades of the washing machine story. Beneath the sprinkler pipe there are dozens of hanging hoses with rotary spray heads on the bottom. Water is sprayed out beneath the pipe as the whole sprinkler pipe line slowly rotates laterally on ten 3-wheeled bases. "The whole machine rolled over on it's side (wheels rotate sideways relative to length of sprinkler line) and parts (water droplets) started flying through the sky like missiles."

Forrest used the sprinkler field to make up many stories: About Pies, what color was the bear, it rained (sprinklers) both days going to Border's Bookstore (fenced private field), the girl with the strut (sprinkler line struts) tossing her braids (end sprinkler head that rotates and sprays out 100 feet).

The field looks like a concentric set of ten giant D's. Fenn prayed for D's. The end cantilevered sprinkler head appears like a "preying" mantis.

In TTOTC he said, "There are also other subtle clues "sprinkled" in the stories."

The indentations of the ten sprinkler wheel lines also make the whole field appear as one half of a sawed off tree stump, showing ten growth rings. And the whole field butts up against the large image of a bell. Just like the bell he had mounted on a wooden post in his backyard.

There are many more examples. None of which relate to Yellowstone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was hoping for a better ending 93cruiser 1 374 06-17-2020, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Salamander7868
  Scrapbooks 234 and 235 Beavertooth 7 2,117 11-20-2019, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Scrapbooks 224 and 225 Are Out Beavertooth 4 1,438 11-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Scrapbooks 203 and 204 Beavertooth 9 3,175 08-20-2019, 09:30 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  Ending Wednesday evening coin # 72 turcitt 0 709 01-29-2019, 01:54 PM
Last Post: turcitt