Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home of Brown and WWWH
10-31-2020, 03:30 PM,
Home of Brown and WWWH
Starting a new thread in case people want to discuss this alternative (I don't want to hijack mrmagic's thread, where I also posted it in response to posts there.)

home of Brown = Yellowstone

Brown = bison (or buffalo)

"Oh, give me a home, where the Buffalo roam...." (Buffalo was originally capitalized in the lyrics of "Home on the Range", sung by Bing Crosby, Gene Autry, the Boy Scouts, Frank Sinatra, John Denver, etc. It is also the state song of Kansas. It is "commonly regarded as the unofficial anthem of the American West."

WWWH = secret weir (secret "where") at the top of Kepler Cascades

take IT in the canyon down = IT = water pipe (picture of water pipe in TTOTC)

put in below the home of Brown = put the water into the underground cistern (below the home of Brown) that shows up on most maps just above Old Faithful on a nearby hill.

Simple and elegant

Original lyrics (note that there are other hints in the lyrics, including white swan, twinkling stars, gaze, azures, dreams, bluffs and white rocks, etc.):

My Western Home (Title changed to "Home on the Range" by others years later)
by Dr. Brewster Higley

Oh, give me a home where the Buffalo roam
Where the Deer and the Antelope play;
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not cloudy all day.

Chorus:
A home! A home!
Where the Deer and the Antelope play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not clouded all day.

Oh! give me a land where the bright diamond sand
Throws its light from the glittering streams,
Where glideth along the graceful white swan,
Like the maid in her heavenly dreams.

Chorus

Oh! give me a gale of the Solomon vale,
Where the life streams with buoyancy flow;
On the banks of the Beaver, where seldom if ever,
Any poisonous herbage doth grow.

Chorus

How often at night, when the heavens were bright,
With the light of the twinkling stars
Have I stood here amazed, and asked as I gazed,
If their glory exceed that of ours.

Chorus

I love the wild flowers in this bright land of ours,
I love the wild curlew’s shrill scream;
The bluffs and white rocks, and antelope flocks
That graze on the mountains so green.

Chorus

The air is so pure and the breezes so fine,
The zephyrs so balmy and light,
That I would not exchange my home here to range
Forever in azures so bright.
10-31-2020, 03:45 PM,
Home of Brown and WWWH
I don’t mean to hijack his thread, just trying to illustrate how each of us have the same feeling about our solutions being more than just astronomical coincidences even though they can’t be more wrong. I sincerely hope that someone with a Yellowstone/ Wyoming solution goes out and finds the spot, though I don’t believe it will ever happen.
11-01-2020, 01:33 AM,
RE: Home of Brown and WWWH
(10-31-2020, 03:45 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I don’t mean to hijack his thread, just trying to illustrate how each of us have the same feeling about our solutions being more than just astronomical coincidences even though they can’t be more wrong. I sincerely hope that someone with a Yellowstone/ Wyoming solution goes out and finds the spot, though I don’t believe it will ever happen.

I agree with you, to a certain extent. If my solve for the last two clues were as good as my earlier clues, I would go to check out the spot, even though it could probably never be proven. I would publish that solve for people to try to pick it apart, however.

I know some people think a treasure is still out there, and are holding on to their solves. Because I believe the treasure is "gone", I don't think people should be as cryptic with their ideas anymore.

What I do find strange is that people are coming out with solves based on Scrapbooks (mrmagic), private doodles (Cynthia), GPS coordinates hidden in the poem (Kpro and Cowlazars), and other oddities. Ignoring for the moment the GPS coordinates and its stupid place to die, these other solves have little merit in my view. Without a poem-based clue-by-clue analysis that makes sense, these other ideas are just wild-ass guesses with -- as you say -- a whole bunch of coincidences that don't, in my opinion, mean anything. Anyone who has spent time on the chase realizes that there are so many "six degrees of separation" linkages, that almost any place or area can be justified in some way.

In my case, I believe in Kepler Cascades as WWWH because most of the lines in the poem can be directly related to Johannes Kepler, which is my "high odds" collection of coincidences, and my argument for a "preponderance of evidence". Adding to that is a large collection of related hints in TTOTC and in the subsequent books, Scrapbooks, etc. But I start with the poem lines themselves and give them much higher weighting than the other hints. I also give TTOTC higher weighting than other sources. Within TTOTC, I give a higher weighting to picture clues (big picture clues, not microscopic clues) than to text in general. Finally, I give high weighting to the aberrations in TTOTC making sense within the context of a correct solve.

I also believe that Forrest designed a layered puzzle, and that his recommendation to read and reread the poem and TTOTC was not just to suggest that repetition might help solve the poem. I think he meant it to mean that there were several layers to the poem, just as an architect has layers in a building (physical, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, etc.).

In my view Forrest was a master wordsmith. As such, a correct solution should involve word clues that surprise you and make you smile when you discover them.

The recent GPS solve to me is a disgrace and an insult to Forrest's talent. Some are putting it forward to make money. Others may be supporting it because of good intentions to help the family out, or whatever. I think Forrest would say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". And yes, I can easily connect this quote to squirting milk at cats in TTOTC, as well as another entire chapter in TTOTC, and a fairly recent Scrapbook, to get back to your original point.
11-02-2020, 05:13 AM,
Ok , so setting aside your own reasons for believing a Yellowstone solve , I would like to ask , for that matter , anyone with a YS solve :

Why would someone hide it in a place where it could/would/should be confiscated ?

Those are the "laws" clearly written in black and white : You CAN"T find anything in this park that we cant take from you . And if we do let you have it back , It is only because we don't want it

I don't see anyone in their right frame of mind to hide it in such a place . It makes ZERO sense to hide it there. I know you guys have your reasons , but cmon man how can you get around this simple fact ?
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."
11-02-2020, 08:22 AM,
(11-02-2020, 05:13 AM)Faulkins Maze Wrote: Ok , so setting aside your own reasons for believing a Yellowstone solve , I would like to ask , for that matter , anyone with a YS solve :

Why would someone hide it in a place where it could/would/should be confiscated ?

Those are the "laws" clearly written in black and white : You CAN"T find anything in this park that we cant take from you . And if we do let you have it back , It is only because we don't want it

I don't see anyone in their right frame of mind to hide it in such a place . It makes ZERO sense to hide it there. I know you guys have your reasons , but cmon man how can you get around this simple fact ?

Those are not the "laws" clearly written in black and white. I have read the laws carefully. You should as well.

Yes, there are processes and procedures that you would have to follow. No, they cannot confiscate it on a whim.
11-02-2020, 12:22 PM,
There is no way the home of Brown is Yellowstone. There must have been hundreds of people that suggested it and according to what we know, only one person got it right. The fact that not even the people getting the first two clues right got it correct tells us a lot.
11-02-2020, 01:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 01:27 PM by Beavertooth.)
(11-02-2020, 12:22 PM)realistrealist Wrote: There is no way the home of Brown is Yellowstone. There must have been hundreds of people that suggested it and according to what we know, only one person got it right. The fact that not even the people getting the first two clues right got it correct tells us a lot.

The same would be true for every other place in the Rockies in the states involved. Your argument leads nowhere, since hundreds of people have suggested just about every area within the four states. At least my idea has a way for Yellowstone to be it, because it explains how you would "put in below" it in a way that no other searcher ever advanced (as far as I know). And in a way that it is related directly to a secret weir and a pipe that you cannot "walk" along.
11-03-2020, 12:04 PM,
(11-02-2020, 01:26 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 12:22 PM)realistrealist Wrote: There is no way the home of Brown is Yellowstone. There must have been hundreds of people that suggested it and according to what we know, only one person got it right. The fact that not even the people getting the first two clues right got it correct tells us a lot.

The same would be true for every other place in the Rockies in the states involved. Your argument leads nowhere, since hundreds of people have suggested just about every area within the four states. At least my idea has a way for Yellowstone to be it, because it explains how you would "put in below" it in a way that no other searcher ever advanced (as far as I know). And in a way that it is related directly to a secret weir and a pipe that you cannot "walk" along.

I'm simply saying Fenn indicated only one person discovered the home of Brown. Many theorized Yellowstone was the home of Brown due to park rangers and I'm sure more than a few sent him e-mails stating as much. I'm not sure the reason matters as they still would have had the correct answer if Yellowstone was it. That's all I mean.
11-03-2020, 12:20 PM,
(11-03-2020, 12:04 PM)realistrealist Wrote: I'm simply saying Fenn indicated only one person discovered the home of Brown.

I must have overlooked that statement. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kiss and cry - home of Brown Top Secret 6 915 07-20-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Home of Brown RichardGreen 6 2,000 01-08-2019, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  How to verify your home of Brown is incorrect Top Secret 14 6,403 12-28-2018, 02:06 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Home of Brown may never be found.. djjmciv 88 86,645 12-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Last Post: zombiecupkake
  The home of Brown. mikemarcum878 2 1,846 06-22-2018, 03:04 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  The home of Brown C.G.Knight 172 92,460 06-19-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Kettle Corn