Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Finder: connected to Fenn vs not connected to Fenn
11-02-2020, 07:42 AM,
The Finder: connected to Fenn vs not connected to Fenn
If the finder was not connected to the family, I would guess he took everything (like I would have done Smile)

If the finder was connected to the family, or orchestrated by Fenn, then it's very possible that something was left there.
11-02-2020, 08:10 AM,
RE: The Finder: connected to Fenn vs not connected to Fenn
I believe Fenn picked a searcher he thought best exemplified the chase, a searcher who he thought was the closest to solving the poem and who did a lot of boots on the ground, a searcher he met and knew and liked, a searcher who he thought deserved the box above all others, and he guided him/her somehow (directly or with further clues) to the box. In the end, I think Fenn realized his poem and clues were too generic and led to a million places in the rockies and that no one would ever solve the poem and find the box because this one intrepid searcher never found it despite being smart and despite coming oh so close. I also suspect Fenn knew this one searcher well enough to know he/she was never going to reveal their identity (after finding the box) or where the box was found, and so that made it more acceptable to end the chase with a little help for one special, deserving searcher. Just my opinion.
11-02-2020, 08:21 AM,
Thanks, Goldway. That's a sensible theory.
11-02-2020, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020, 09:35 PM by EastonS19.)
(11-02-2020, 08:10 AM)Goldway Wrote: I believe Fenn picked a searcher he thought best exemplified the chase, a searcher who he thought was the closest to solving the poem and who did a lot of boots on the ground, a searcher he met and knew and liked, a searcher who he thought deserved the box above all others, and he guided him/her somehow (directly or with further clues) to the box. In the end, I think Fenn realized his poem and clues were too generic and led to a million places in the rockies and that no one would ever solve the poem and find the box because this one intrepid searcher never found it despite being smart and despite coming oh so close. I also suspect Fenn knew this one searcher well enough to know he/she was never going to reveal their identity (after finding the box) or where the box was found, and so that made it more acceptable to end the chase with a little help for one special, deserving searcher. Just my opinion.

100% nonsense. So Fenn became judge, jury and executioner? This is called FIX!!!
In other words. Im gonna screw everyone else over and deny them their prize, and who cares about their dreams, efforts and costs and give it to the teachers pet????
If true, this Fenn was a total AZZ HXXX!!!
11-02-2020, 06:17 PM,
Shucks... who didn't know a cowboy would find it.
Named Fenn.
11-02-2020, 09:36 PM,
He never said he was barred from looking for it..
11-03-2020, 09:11 AM,
(11-02-2020, 08:10 AM)Goldway Wrote: I believe Fenn picked a searcher he thought best exemplified the chase, a searcher who he thought was the closest to solving the poem and who did a lot of boots on the ground, a searcher he met and knew and liked, a searcher who he thought deserved the box above all others, and he guided him/her somehow (directly or with further clues) to the box. In the end, I think Fenn realized his poem and clues were too generic and led to a million places in the rockies and that no one would ever solve the poem and find the box because this one intrepid searcher never found it despite being smart and despite coming oh so close. I also suspect Fenn knew this one searcher well enough to know he/she was never going to reveal their identity (after finding the box) or where the box was found, and so that made it more acceptable to end the chase with a little help for one special, deserving searcher. Just my opinion.

I like the thought but I also believe Forrest would not deprive the lead searcher of the moment of glory when pulling the chest from the ground. After all, Forrest did say the finder would have to physically take possession of the chest (take the chest and go in peace). He wasn't going to just give it to them. So, while yes, Forrest may have called off the Chase because the Lead Searcher was very, very, very close, I think Forrest took the chest, staged the photos and then returned the chest and held the photos until he got confirmation from the Lead Searcher. If the Lead Searcher was unable to recover the chest for whatever reason, Forrest could then end it knowing the the LS would return some day to finally capture the prize.
11-03-2020, 09:23 AM,
The finder is dead... Think about it...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SB’s about Quanah Parker and Pony Ault Connected? Mindy 2 1,397 04-18-2018, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  If you have a Fenn Genie bottle, and could ask Fenn only ONE question... romeofoxtrot 34 22,696 08-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  Fenn Diagrams (old) Q & A with Fenn decall 4 4,007 05-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Retired Postmaster