Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Swan and the Hammer
11-04-2020, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 08:32 AM by Beavertooth.)
White Swan and the Hammer
An etching of the Indian Scout White Swan (with two feathers) was in Forrest's Scrapbook 216, an important late Scrapbook, but he also worked for the Seventh Cavalry (which is mentioned in TTOTC and who were the original guardians of Yellowstone).

"And now, nearly 40 years after I acquired the etching plates, I have 1 etching left. It’s a portrait of White Swan, who, after the Custer Fight, was found deaf and dumb on the battlefield. Sharp was deaf, White Swan was deaf, and so am I. Maybe that’s why I’ve kept this particular etching. f "

White Swan went deaf after a "hammer" blow to the head during the Battle of the Little Bighorn. Forrest has many "Hammer"-related hints throughout TTOTC and the Scrapbooks. In TTOTC you have the picture of Peggy holding a bonnethead (subset of hammerhead) shark. Thor is mentioned.

Armand Hammer was discussed in Scrapbook 220, another important late Scrapbook. ("Armand Hammer (May 21, 1898 - December 10, 1990) was an American business manager and owner, most closely associated with Occidental Petroleum, a company he ran from 1957 until his death. He was known as well for his art collection and his close ties to the Soviet Union." - Wikipedia)

In Scrapbook 207 (another important late scrapbook), Sharp's cabin that was built adjacent to the Little Bighorn battle site, was moved by Forrest to the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, and he goes on and on about a hammer that was found under the cabin and was supposed to be left under the cabin. The cabin is called the Absarokee Hut, which may or may not be a hint.

I think the hammer references are all related to deafness, since there is a hammer bone in our ear structure. There is also a stirrup bone in the ear that is important to hearing. Donnie broke his stirrup in TTOTC in Looking for Lewis and Clark. The horse was named Lightning, which can lead us back to Thor and/or possibly to the Thunderer mountain in Yellowstone in the Absaroka mountain range. White Swan was deaf due to a hammer blow.

Forrest was hard of hearing and getting worse as he got older. I don't know when it started for him (the B52 bombs?), but it is a frustrating experience for any who have that malady. How you might relate deafness or the ear to a correct solve I leave to the reader, but I would be interested in any ideas that you may have.
11-04-2020, 04:57 PM,
RE: White Swan and the Hammer
That's very interesting. I remember his hammer references had us at THOR (before I was banned) talking that he was nodding to a LS being at THOR. You know, Thor's hammer yada yada.
11-05-2020, 09:54 AM,
(11-04-2020, 03:00 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: An etching of the Indian Scout White Swan (with two feathers) was in Forrest's Scrapbook 216, an important late Scrapbook, but he also worked for the Seventh Cavalry (which is mentioned in TTOTC and who were the original guardians of Yellowstone).

White Swan went deaf after a "hammer" blow to the head during the Battle of the Little Bighorn. Forrest has many "Hammer"-related hints throughout TTOTC and the Scrapbooks. In TTOTC you have the picture of Peggy holding a bonnethead (subset of hammerhead) shark. Thor is mentioned.

Armand Hammer was discussed in Scrapbook 220, another important late Scrapbook. ("Armand Hammer (May 21, 1898 - December 10, 1990) was an American business manager and owner, most closely associated with Occidental Petroleum, a company he ran from 1957 until his death. He was known as well for his art collection and his close ties to the Soviet Union." - Wikipedia)

In Scrapbook 207 (another important late scrapbook), Sharp's cabin that was built adjacent to the Little Bighorn battle site, was moved by Forrest to the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, and he goes on and on about a hammer that was found under the cabin and was supposed to be left under the cabin. The cabin is called the Absarokee Hut, which may or may not be a hint.

I think the hammer references are all related to deafness, since there is a hammer bone in our ear structure. There is also a stirrup bone in the ear that is important to hearing. Donnie broke his stirrup in TTOTC in Looking for Lewis and Clark. The horse was named Lightning, which can lead us back to Thor and/or possibly to the Thunderer mountain in Yellowstone in the Absaroka mountain range. White Swan was deaf due to a hammer blow.

Forrest was hard of hearing and getting worse as he got older. I don't know when it started for him (the B52 bombs?), but it is a frustrating experience for any who have that malady. How you might relate deafness or the ear to a correct solve I leave to the reader, but I would be interested in any ideas that you may have.

A hammer is definitely related to my solve. But it's an Indian type hammer.....a tomahawk. If White Swan was hit with a hammer, it was probably a tomahawk.

The last clues require you to draw lines, some of which resemble an Indian tomahawk. "If you are brave (an Indian) and in the wood (wooden tomahawk handle) I give you title (tied L....leather strings used to secure the hammer head to the wood handle) to the gold."

The head of the hammer also looks like a ham ear, like the hams that you buy from the store that are cut in the shape of a "U" and can also look like an ear.

These are simple solutions that don't require complicated connections to people, places, or things. That's how I think Forrest intended it to be for a redneck Texan to solve.
11-05-2020, 10:39 AM,
(11-05-2020, 09:54 AM)trigace Wrote: A hammer is definitely related to my solve. But it's an Indian type hammer.....a tomahawk. If White Swan was hit with a hammer, it was probably a tomahawk.

The last clues require you to draw lines, some of which resemble an Indian tomahawk. "If you are brave (an Indian) and in the wood (wooden tomahawk handle) I give you title (tied L....leather strings used to secure the hammer head to the wood handle) to the gold."

The head of the hammer also looks like a ham ear, like the hams that you buy from the store that are cut in the shape of a "U" and can also look like an ear.

These are simple solutions that don't require complicated connections to people, places, or things. That's how I think Forrest intended it to be for a redneck Texan to solve.

I don't have references handy, but I think White Swan was hit in the head by a war club, or a stone-headed tomahawk, which made a big dent in his skull -- as opposed to a sharp metal-head tomahawk that most of us visualize when that word is used. So that's why I felt "hammer" might be applicable.
11-05-2020, 10:56 AM,
(11-05-2020, 10:39 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 09:54 AM)trigace Wrote: A hammer is definitely related to my solve. But it's an Indian type hammer.....a tomahawk. If White Swan was hit with a hammer, it was probably a tomahawk.

I don't have references handy, but I think White Swan was hit in the head by a war club, or a stone-headed tomahawk, which made a big dent in his skull -- as opposed to a sharp metal-head tomahawk that most of us visualize when that word is used. So that's why I felt "hammer" might be applicable.

Yes, the hammer head is definitely made of rounded stone and required tight leather thongs(?) to secure it to the wooden handle.
11-05-2020, 10:57 AM,
Or it could be a sledge hammer.
11-09-2020, 11:00 AM,
Looking at Scrapbook 216 some more, I was reminded of a few additional points.

In it, Forrest says:

"It was a lightning strike moment for me."

This supplements my comments above.

Also,
The etching prints in Scrapbook 216 show Sharp's signature as normal. The etching plates show his signature as backwards, as it should be for a print from that plate to come out correctly. According to Forrest, he made millions of dollars from those plates and etchings. Two prints are juxtaposed with three etching plates in this Scrapbook. Overkill? Or a point he was making?

Elsewhere, Forrest also pointed out the article about riding a bicycle backwards. In TTOTC, the front endfly (?) shows many pictures, including a student ID card that shows his age (17) correctly but includes a picture of himself as a child. The home address shown on that card is 1413 N. Main st, Temple, Texas.

Mongo uses this number with a shift in the decimal point to help prove that his Folsom Falls solution is correct, because it is 141.3 miles from Forrest's home in Santa Fe. However, if you reverse the number or read it backwards (and add a decimal point), you get the first 4 digits of "pi" (3.141). There are so many depictions of pi and/or pie in TTOTC, I do not think this is random.

I may start a new thread about "backwards", to collect other people's comments.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rich Cabin / Thor’s Hammer / Enrico Fermi travis.gore.79 2 481 06-26-2020, 05:02 AM
Last Post: travis.gore.79
  Amelia White Subdivision - "fence around it" DeeepThnkr 10 3,996 07-22-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  white splotches, request for opinion on origin ThrillChaser 2 2,509 09-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Last Post: HillJack
  The White House Blaze? Hammertime 0 1,401 04-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  Hammer Ricky Nowak 16 4,663 04-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Larsonist