Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was under a canopy of stars
11-08-2020, 10:48 AM,
It was under a canopy of stars
I have not yet fully revealed my attempted astronomy-related solve of one layer of the poem. Still working on it (I am not an astronomer or a stargazer).

I have already used astronomy-related info in my second layer, culminating in Kepler Cascades as WWWH, as previously posted.

For those using six numbers (three and three) to define a geographic location in the Rockies, astronomers also use six numbers (three and three) to define celestial object positions in the sky. There may be a celestial map "X" point defined in this way that corresponds to a location on earth. However, I am not currently pursuing such a solve. It's just that there are so many numbers that can be created from Scrapbooks and book chapters -- too many for me to deal with. I think Forrest may have deliberately put many numbers in his communications to obfuscate the correct solve.

For those that say this requires "specialized knowledge", I disagree. I use Wikipedia and a couple of other "layman" sources for my info. Most stargazers are hobbyists, and those who use horoscopes and signs of the Zodiac don't really get into "specialized knowledge".

For those who point out that Forrest said you only need the poem, TTOTC, Google Earth and/or a good map (implying the stars are out of bounds), I would point out two things:

1. Google Earth has always had a separate section for the stars and sky objects. (Surprise!)

From the Internet Archive June 2010:

"Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others."

2. Many of Forrest's stick figure drawings ("doodles") are suggestive of constellation "maps" -- both in general, and perhaps more specifically.

Points to ponder.
11-09-2020, 09:11 AM,
RE: It was under a canopy of stars
"I have not yet fully revealed my attempted astronomy-related solve of one layer of the poem. Still working on it (I am not an astronomer or a stargazer)."

Then you should stop right there. You're clearly in the range of "specialized knowledge."
I have dozens of emails from Fenn reiterating this fact.
I suppose it natural for people who are lost to venture outside of the box thinking. A place where the solve doesn't exist.
11-09-2020, 10:39 AM,
(11-09-2020, 09:11 AM)filmguy Wrote: "I have not yet fully revealed my attempted astronomy-related solve of one layer of the poem. Still working on it (I am not an astronomer or a stargazer)."

Then you should stop right there. You're clearly in the range of "specialized knowledge."
I suppose it natural for people who are lost to venture outside of the box thinking. A place where the solve doesn't exist.

You could be right.

But I disagree for now.

I might be persuaded if you post an email or two that supports your position.
11-11-2020, 02:13 PM,
(11-09-2020, 10:39 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:11 AM)filmguy Wrote: "I have not yet fully revealed my attempted astronomy-related solve of one layer of the poem. Still working on it (I am not an astronomer or a stargazer)."

You could be right.

But I disagree for now.

I might be persuaded if you post an email or two that supports your position.

I agree . I might reconsider if I was shown even HALF a DOZEN emails stating that.
Really Filmguy , Please post the emails .
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BT - Canopy Vs. Canopus Beavertooth 8 998 06-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Top Secret
  Canopy Of Stars ManOwar 2 471 06-18-2020, 01:27 AM
Last Post: HalloweenCandy
  Under a canopy of stars HalloweenCandy 24 3,058 06-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Stars and birds what do you get out of this. mikemarcum03 3 1,705 04-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  Is there any possible way I can give myself 5 STARS on some of my threads??... Gordon Lightfoot 12 5,118 11-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Stars, Asterisks, Symbolism, and ADHD Ramblings Mindy 13 6,827 10-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Mindy