Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New York Magazine
11-10-2020, 01:00 AM,
New York Magazine
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/11/...asure.html
© Stephanie
11-10-2020, 01:39 AM,
New York Magazine
(11-10-2020, 01:00 AM)admin Wrote: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/11/...asure.html

Wow. Makes some people look really terrible.
Will be interesting what kind of damage control arises from that article.
The Egypt fraud is only the tip of the iceberg, I bet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-10-2020, 08:17 AM,
RE: New York Magazine
(11-10-2020, 01:39 AM)Mindy Wrote: Wow. Makes some people look really terrible.
Will be interesting what kind of damage control arises from that article.
The Egypt fraud is only the tip of the iceberg, I bet!

And what's crazy is the people who "look really terrible" don't even care, as long as they get the attention. Weird.
11-10-2020, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 10:29 AM by Mindy.)
New York Magazine
Setting the record straight on part of the article:

1. The source, my partner, does NOT know who the “finder” is.
2. The source, my partner, did NOT know of the Medium article before it was published.
3. The source and I were NEVER part of a small group of other searchers collaborating. It has always been just me and the source. So no, the source, my partner, was never bitter about the “finder” finding the treasure.

Not sure if those are errors on the part of the journalist, or if the journalist was told outright lies, but the TRUTH is what I stated above.
[Image: 0245977cebd02f519fcb981674551c97.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-10-2020, 10:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 10:58 AM by crazyfamily.)
New York Magazine
Searching for meaning in the poem, in TTOTC, in the scrapbooks, in the video interviews, in everything that Forrest ever said is what many of us thought would help find the treasure.

After one of our more exciting New Mexico searches, Forrest invited us to visit him at home. He was thrilled that we had purchased his TTOTC book and happily inscribed it to us—something I had requested several times but Forrest never invited. He asked if we had the follow up memoir, Too Far To Walk, and when I replied that we did not he led us to the garage where he kept stacks of all of his previous books. He picked one copy of each and placed them in a stack then turned to my daughter and asked her if she could lift 42 pounds. How could anyone not imagine what he appeared to be saying.

It makes me recall(from memory-I don’t remember the scrapbook number) the scrapbook in which Forrest told the story of Vietnamese artisans turning spent brass artillery shells into vases. Forrest was uncomfortable with the thing and he said that he kept it behind some books on his shelf. At the time the scrapbook was published it sounded like an admission that the nice looking vase(the chase), a thing that killed people, was just an empty shell hidden behind his books.

Imagination really is more important than knowledge especially if you want to paint your life into legend.

Remember, too, that Forrest says when he finally took the treasure out and hid it he placed a stack of books on the shelf where the treasure had been and covered them with a cloth to give the illusion that the treasure was still there.
11-10-2020, 01:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 01:39 PM by Beavertooth.)
(11-10-2020, 10:28 AM)Mindy Wrote: Setting the record straight on part of the article:

1. The source, my partner, does NOT know who the “finder” is.
2. The source, my partner, did NOT know of the Medium article before it was published.
3. The source and I were NEVER part of a small group of other searchers collaborating. It has always been just me and the source. So no, the source, my partner, was never bitter about the “finder” finding the treasure.

Mindy, I have seen these comments from you before. Could you clarify a couple of things:

1. Is the source's and/or your combined solve using GPS coordinates believed by you to be a) the correct location, or b) a possibly correct location, or c) something else?

2. Why was it provided to Mike? Was it claimed to be the correct location, or just a possible location (with pictures) that you were looking to have discussed in their VLOG? Or was it provided to see how they would react?

3. While you say the source did not predict the Medium article, did he/she ever predict to Mike or Thor that "new info" was coming out in the near term, and the Medium article came out coincidentally? If the source did predict something else was coming out, what was it, and did it happen? If they are misrepresenting the facts about this, do you think they are simply trying to embellish their reasons for believing the source's solve above all others?
11-10-2020, 03:17 PM,
Back when I heard the statement mentioned at Harry's I went digging.
Now it's confirmation on confirmation.

No code cracking or decrypting required.

Sources:
"Preston, too, was left with the impression that Fenn’s puzzle was straightforward: “What he told me is: No anagrams, no number counting; the people doing that are all barking up the wrong tree.” - Intelligencer Article

Email from f to searcher
https://bloggedinthewoods.wordpress.com/fenns-emails/

So this "source" is a liar and proven liar by Fenn from the grave.
11-10-2020, 03:50 PM,
(11-10-2020, 03:17 PM)filmguy Wrote: Back when I heard the statement mentioned at Harry's I went digging.
Now it's confirmation on confirmation.

No code cracking or decrypting required.

Sources:
"Preston, too, was left with the impression that Fenn’s puzzle was straightforward: “What he told me is: No anagrams, no number counting; the people doing that are all barking up the wrong tree.” - Intelligencer Article

Email from f to searcher
https://bloggedinthewoods.wordpress.com/fenns-emails/

So this "source" is a liar and proven liar by Fenn from the grave.

Seems to me the Justin piece at Intelligencer is propaganda for the purposes of ruining the better, less-popularized solves (mine, elements, ciphers) and boosting his/their Yellowstone narrative. These people keep trying to tell the public in bigger and better ways that other people are fake & not them faking something. But welcome to 2020, right? And most people will buy this bullshit, because they don't have ciphers. On and on we go. I will eventually wear down people and their bullshit - I PROMISE.
11-10-2020, 04:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 04:06 PM by filmguy.)
Krpo is trying to argue that the GPS solve is not a cipher solve. A matter of perspective really. If she wants the GPS solve to be correct I can see how she could spin it to not be a cipher.

But the email from Fenn to searcher clearly states that anagrams, and solves like the GPS solve, require "rearranging the poem" and he reiterates to not mess with the poem. Do not change the words into homophones, do not wrap words around, etc.

GPS solve is clearly their golden goose over there. It's their hail mary. If its proven incorrect, and it is, then they're done. They have nothing else to provide to the community so they're throwing everything possible at it. They held onto it until after Fenn died, because they knew he would crush it. Even in death he still did. Laughable.
11-10-2020, 06:34 PM,
(11-10-2020, 04:02 PM)filmguy Wrote: Do not change the words into homophones, do not wrap words around, etc.

And yet you missed the homophone in the prior post you made!

"Barking up the wrong tree" = homophone (once you consider bark on a tree)

As my grandpa used to say, "If it was a snake, it would have bit you!"

Kpro and Mike's solve does not actually use homophones, except in part. Their solve is not really a solve, in my opinion, so we agree there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Society Magazine Lied Mindy 6 2,361 08-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Last Post: dude here
  Latest Fenn Article in Wired Magazine MuertodeCorrales 7 3,619 07-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: muset
  Amtrak magazine article (April 2018) astree 42 19,470 04-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  True West Magazine Becky from WV 7 4,746 01-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Old Magazine Article Dr. Avis 7 4,758 05-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: mdavis19
  New Time Magazine Thread with Forrest presby 2 2,362 02-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Last Post: presby