Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New York Magazine
11-10-2020, 09:08 PM,
RE: New York Magazine
And yet we talk about them and weak solves instead of perfectly nice-wrapping decryptions. Yeah, I think this thing will circle for years more. I mean, we call the guy a liar about many things, and yet don't call him a liar when he got squirrely with ambiguous hinting. My advice: when you see something that proves everyone including half the shit he said wrong, you might want to drop other stuff and pay attention.
11-11-2020, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 09:57 AM by Mindy.)
New York Magazine
(11-10-2020, 01:38 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 10:28 AM)Mindy Wrote: Setting the record straight on part of the article:

1. The source, my partner, does NOT know who the “finder” is.
2. The source, my partner, did NOT know of the Medium article before it was published.
3. The source and I were NEVER part of a small group of other searchers collaborating. It has always been just me and the source. So no, the source, my partner, was never bitter about the “finder” finding the treasure.

Mindy, I have seen these comments from you before. Could you clarify a couple of things:

1. Is the source's and/or your combined solve using GPS coordinates believed by you to be a) the correct location, or b) a possibly correct location, or c) something else?

2. Why was it provided to Mike? Was it claimed to be the correct location, or just a possible location (with pictures) that you were looking to have discussed in their VLOG? Or was it provided to see how they would react?

3. While you say the source did not predict the Medium article, did he/she ever predict to Mike or Thor that "new info" was coming out in the near term, and the Medium article came out coincidentally? If the source did predict something else was coming out, what was it, and did it happen? If they are misrepresenting the facts about this, do you think they are simply trying to embellish their reasons for believing the source's solve above all others?

Hi BT,

1. This was one of our solves. Not our final solve. My source had been to the spot twice and searched the area thoroughly in 2016 and 2018. NOT June of this year as kpro purported.

2. The source and Mike have been friends for a couple years, and our solve came up in a casual conversation between him and Mike. Apparently, Mike liked the solve, told kpro, and kpro then emailed my partner asking if he could speak to her directly. He doesn’t care for kpro at all, so he told her no.

3. The source didn’t mention ANYTHING about new info coming out. He sent me a message a few minutes before kpro and Mike went live to let me know they were going to talk about the solve and we both watched. When they got to the part about new info, I asked my partner if he had said that. He replied he didn’t know where they were getting that info and it was clear at that time they had some other agenda. Much of what they reported was NEVER said by my partner. They were pulling stuff out of thin air and seemed to be making up stuff as they went along.

So, the ONLY truthful part of their story is that my partner and I had a GPS solve and that spot was one of two possible spots we had considered. My partner did mention it to Mike in conversation. He did not expect the overblown sensation and drama the casual conversation would evolve into. The pics kpro and mike posted on the show were ones my partner had shown me in 2016 and were not taken in June of this year as falsely reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11-10-2020, 03:17 PM)filmguy Wrote: Back when I heard the statement mentioned at Harry's I went digging.
Now it's confirmation on confirmation.

No code cracking or decrypting required.

Sources:
"Preston, too, was left with the impression that Fenn’s puzzle was straightforward: “What he told me is: No anagrams, no number counting; the people doing that are all barking up the wrong tree.” - Intelligencer Article

Email from f to searcher
https://bloggedinthewoods.wordpress.com/fenns-emails/

So this "source" is a liar and proven liar by Fenn from the grave.

The “source” is not the liar. Kpro and Mike, who have added some crazy embellishments to the story, are the liars.

All the source did was mention one of our solves in a casual conversation with Mike. He did not say it was the correct spot. In fact, we KNEW it wasn’t the correct spot because he’d searched it twice.

Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-11-2020, 11:32 AM,
(11-11-2020, 09:51 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 10:28 AM)Mindy Wrote: Setting the record straight on part of the article:

2. The source, my partner, did NOT know of the Medium article before it was published.
3. The source and I were NEVER part of a small group of other searchers collaborating. It has always been just me and the source. So no, the source, my partner, was never bitter about the “finder” finding the treasure.

Mindy, I have seen these comments from you before. Could you clarify a couple of things:

1. Is the source's and/or your combined solve using GPS coordinates believed by you to be a) the correct location, or b) a possibly correct location, or c) something else?

2. Why was it provided to Mike? Was it claimed to be the correct location, or just a possible location (with pictures) that you were looking to have discussed in their VLOG? Or was it provided to see how they would react?

3. While you say the source did not predict the Medium article, did he/she ever predict to Mike or Thor that "new info" was coming out in the near term, and the Medium article came out coincidentally? If the source did predict something else was coming out, what was it, and did it happen? If they are misrepresenting the facts about this, do you think they are simply trying to embellish their reasons for believing the source's solve above all others?

Hi BT,

1. This was one of our solves. Not our final solve. My source had been to the spot twice and searched the area thoroughly in 2016 and 2018. NOT June of this year as kpro purported.

2. The source and Mike have been friends for a couple years, and our solve came up in a casual conversation between him and Mike. Apparently, Mike liked the solve, told kpro, and kpro then emailed my partner asking if he could speak to her directly. He doesn’t care for kpro at all, so he told her no.

3. The source didn’t mention ANYTHING about new info coming out. He sent me a message a few minutes before kpro and Mike went live to let me know they were going to talk about the solve and we both watched. When they got to the part about new info, I asked my partner if he had said that. He replied he didn’t know where they were getting that info and it was clear at that time they had some other agenda. Much of what they reported was NEVER said by my partner. They were pulling stuff out of thin air and seemed to be making up stuff as they went along.

So, the ONLY truthful part of their story is that my partner and I had a GPS solve and that spot was one of two possible spots we had considered. My partner did mention it to Mike in conversation. He did not expect the overblown sensation and drama the casual conversation would evolve into. The pics kpro and mike posted on the show were ones my partner had shown me in 2016 and were not taken in June of this year as falsely reported.

(11-10-2020, 03:17 PM)filmguy Wrote: Back when I heard the statement mentioned at Harry's I went digging.

Sources:
"Preston, too, was left with the impression that Fenn’s puzzle was straightforward: “What he told me is: No anagrams, no number counting; the people doing that are all barking up the wrong tree.” - Intelligencer Article

Email from f to searcher

The “source” is not the liar. Kpro and Mike, who have added some crazy embellishments to the story, are the liars.

All the source did was mention one of our solves in a casual conversation with Mike. He did not say it was the correct spot. In fact, we KNEW it wasn’t the correct spot because he’d searched it twice.

Kpro, Mike and Cynthia have identified the source as "he" and that the source knows the finder. Is that not accurate? Did you and your partner search with a man? Was your solve the identical GPS solve?
11-11-2020, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 12:53 PM by Faulkins Maze.)
(11-10-2020, 03:50 PM)LeadSolver Wrote:

Sources:

Email from f to searcher

Seems to me the Justin piece at Intelligencer is propaganda for the purposes of ruining the better, less-popularized solves (mine, elements, ciphers) and boosting his/their Yellowstone narrative. These people keep trying to tell the public in bigger and better ways that other people are fake & not them faking something. But welcome to 2020, right? And most people will buy this bullshit, because they don't have ciphers. On and on we go. I will eventually wear down people and their bullshit - I PROMISE.

I couldn't agree more . Bunch of lies . That whole piece was complete garbage . Claiming 700 botg searches ???? Ya right , that dude is a lying sack . He wouldn't want to get mud on his Super INEPT CIA Agent ......ERRRrrrrrr ....... Treasure hunting truck with his dope sniff........errrrrr....ahhhhh, ......Bronze sniffing dog Toto or Taylor ...(........it IS named the Intelligencer!)

And in defense to the accused , I have to be honest and say , all that piece did was rake him over the coals , throwing conjecture and innuendo around like it was a job . . All the while giving Justin a free paid vacation to the Treasure Hunter Hall of Flem ...errr ...Fame.

Hi BT,

[/quote]

@Mindy ,
I have a question : If the above is true (I am sure that it is ) why in your opinion , if Mike and Him are friends , why all the - "secret source " this , and --- "Mystery Man" that going on ? I mean , it would have been so easy for Mike to say I got this idea from a buddy of mine ?

Playing devils advocate , if they are friends and he DIDN'T acknowledge his friend , that would lead one to believe that it LOOKS like he stole the idea and wouldnt give him credit . Why would he embellish and add stuff? That doesn't make much sense that Mike said " Screw him , I am gonna change it into something else", basically saying I'm not your friend ..

I know its only your opinion , being in the middle , but I am curious to hear your ideas. Thanks in advance
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."
11-11-2020, 02:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 02:32 PM by question.)
And yet the GPS "solve" is the best of anything I've seen yet, even the numbers lining up at "Begin".

Perhaps Fenn was embarrassed after seeing other solves, wouldn't that be a hoot?

The problem with FF is he never shut his f***ing mouth, and he really came off like a compulsive liar.

Shit couldn't have ended any worse.
11-11-2020, 02:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 02:46 PM by filmguy.)
They should of just stopped when they discovered that in order to get exact, exact coordinates SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE was required.

Do you really think the solution to the poem is reliant upon whether or not your know aviation coordinates?

(11-11-2020, 02:30 PM)question Wrote: And yet the GPS "solve" is the best of anything I've seen yet, even the numbers lining up at "Begin".

Coincidence and not that unlikely. When you're looking for answers you can manipulate situations to fit a conclusion you want (starting at "Begin it" rather than the actual beginning of the poem). It's no more of a coincidence than all the punctuations in the poem can be turned into morse code and it actually Spells out MAD TROUT MD. What are the odds of them actually spelling out words?

GPS solve = specialized knowledge required = not the solve
11-11-2020, 02:58 PM,
One thing I know for sure.

At the end, Fenn was clearly off his rocker.

He asked Kpro to take pictures of everyone at the "finale" to see if The Finder was there. Clearly, it was Fenn's ruse to make people *believe* that there was even a finder at all.

Then, after declaring the search over, Fenn releases words along the lines of "people are moving to Cody". Why act as if the search is still on?

He asks Kpro to submit a list of questions ahead of time, so he can choose which ones to answer in the future. Why?

He can't tell Cynthia anything about the status of the bracelet: "I can't tell you that."

All the earmarks of a compulsive liar, and when people started asking too many questions, it was game over.
11-11-2020, 03:47 PM,
(11-11-2020, 02:58 PM)question Wrote: He asks Kpro to submit a list of questions ahead of time, so he can choose which ones to answer in the future. Why?

Interesting. Sounds like he knew his time left was very short and wanted to try to control the narrative after his death.
11-11-2020, 03:50 PM,
(11-11-2020, 09:51 AM)Mindy Wrote:

Hi BT,

Sources:

Email from f to searcher

"Searchers Kristie Thor and Mike Cowling started selling Fenn-themed items, including coins and a board game called Chase-opoly, as well as running an ad-supported YouTube channel. Fenn appeared troubled by the hunt’s commercialization: “I never intended for the chase to be an avenue for people to make money or start them on a new career,” he wrote to Thor and Cowling last year."

krapo greed and the desire for fame has no ethical borders. They exploit anything, make any story up to take credit.
11-11-2020, 04:32 PM,
Mindy,

Thanks for answering my questions.

BT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Society Magazine Lied Mindy 6 2,327 08-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Last Post: dude here
  Latest Fenn Article in Wired Magazine MuertodeCorrales 7 3,578 07-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: muset
  Amtrak magazine article (April 2018) astree 42 19,267 04-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  True West Magazine Becky from WV 7 4,703 01-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Old Magazine Article Dr. Avis 7 4,712 05-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: mdavis19
  New Time Magazine Thread with Forrest presby 2 2,339 02-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Last Post: presby