Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New York Magazine
11-11-2020, 05:13 PM,
RE: New York Magazine
(11-11-2020, 11:32 AM)Anon Anon Wrote: Kpro, Mike and Cynthia have identified the source as "he" and that the source knows the finder. Is that not accurate? Did you and your partner search with a man? Was your solve the identical GPS solve?
You have been duped... that's what happens when you put the blinders on and ignore the painful truth.
11-11-2020, 06:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 07:05 PM by Ayani.)
New York Magazine
(11-10-2020, 10:42 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Searching for meaning in the poem, in TTOTC, in the scrapbooks, in the video interviews, in everything that Forrest ever said is what many of us thought would help find the treasure.

After one of our more exciting New Mexico searches, Forrest invited us to visit him at home. He was thrilled that we had purchased his TTOTC book and happily inscribed it to us—something I had requested several times but Forrest never invited. He asked if we had the follow up memoir, Too Far To Walk, and when I replied that we did not he led us to the garage where he kept stacks of all of his previous books. He picked one copy of each and placed them in a stack then turned to my daughter and asked her if she could lift 42 pounds. How could anyone not imagine what he appeared to be...
CraFam..we may disagree on politics, but I think we align very closely in agreement on the nature of the Chase hoax. Hoaxing is a grand American tradition. To instigate, elaborate, and perpetuate a hoax, as exemplified by Poe, Twain/Clemens, Orson Welles, and now Fenn, among others— is a celebration of the archetypal grand illusion, which at the same time provides entertainment and instruction. It is a singular American art form that escapes recognition as a genre unto itself, and which should be recognized, as is American Jazz. For all his faults and shortcomings, I think Fenn will one day be recognized for his unique and ingenious contribution to the literary art form that is the great American hoax.
11-11-2020, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 07:25 PM by crazyfamily.)
New York Magazine
TTOTC was loaded with those kind of little tidbits. All you had to do was put the pieces together.
11-11-2020, 07:53 PM,
New York Magazine
(11-11-2020, 11:32 AM)Anon Anon Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 09:51 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 01:38 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 10:28 AM)Mindy Wrote: Setting the record straight on part of the article:

1. The source, my partner, does NOT know who the “finder” is.
2. The source, my partner, did NOT know of the Medium article before it was published.
3. The source and I were NEVER part of a small group of other searchers collaborating. It has always been just me and the source. So no, the source, my partner, was never bitter about the “finder” finding the treasure.

Mindy, I have seen these comments from you before. Could you clarify a couple of things:

1. Is the source's and/or your combined solve using GPS coordinates believed by you to be a) the correct location, or b) a possibly correct location, or c) something else?

2. Why was it provided to Mike? Was it claimed to be the correct location, or just a possible location (with pictures) that you were looking to have discussed in their VLOG? Or was it provided to see how they would react?

3. While you say the source did not predict the Medium article, did he/she ever predict to Mike or Thor that "new info" was coming out in the near term, and the Medium article came out coincidentally? If the source did predict something else was coming out, what was it, and did it happen? If they are misrepresenting the facts about this, do you think they are simply trying to embellish their reasons for believing the source's solve above all others?

Hi BT,

1. This was one of our solves. Not our final solve. My source had been to the spot twice and searched the area thoroughly in 2016 and 2018. NOT June of this year as kpro purported.

2. The source and Mike have been friends for a couple years, and our solve came up in a casual conversation between him and Mike. Apparently, Mike liked the solve, told kpro, and kpro then emailed my partner asking if he could speak to her directly. He doesn’t care for kpro at all, so he told her no.

3. The source didn’t mention ANYTHING about new info coming out. He sent me a message a few minutes before kpro and Mike went live to let me know they were going to talk about the solve and we both watched. When they got to the part about new info, I asked my partner if he had said that. He replied he didn’t know where they were getting that info and it was clear at that time they had some other agenda. Much of what they reported was NEVER said by my partner. They were pulling stuff out of thin air and seemed to be making up stuff as they went along.

So, the ONLY truthful part of their story is that my partner and I had a GPS solve and that spot was one of two possible spots we had considered. My partner did mention it to Mike in conversation. He did not expect the overblown sensation and drama the casual conversation would evolve into. The pics kpro and mike posted on the show were ones my partner had shown me in 2016 and were not taken in June of this year as falsely reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11-10-2020, 03:17 PM)filmguy Wrote: Back when I heard the statement mentioned at Harry's I went digging.
Now it's confirmation on confirmation.

No code cracking or decrypting required.

Sources:
"Preston, too, was left with the impression that Fenn’s puzzle was straightforward: “What he told me is: No anagrams, no number counting; the people doing that are all barking up the wrong tree.” - Intelligencer Article

Email from f to searcher
https://bloggedinthewoods.wordpress.com/fenns-emails/

So this "source" is a liar and proven liar by Fenn from the grave.

The “source” is not the liar. Kpro and Mike, who have added some crazy embellishments to the story, are the liars.

All the source did was mention one of our solves in a casual conversation with Mike. He did not say it was the correct spot. In fact, we KNEW it wasn’t the correct spot because he’d searched it twice.

Kpro, Mike and Cynthia have identified the source as "he" and that the source knows the finder. Is that not accurate? Did you and your partner search with a man? Was your solve the identical GPS solve?

The source is my partner and he is a man. Yes, our solve was the same as purported in the video and used the exact same pics my partner took in the area in 2016.

According to my partner (“the source”), Mike Cowlings has recently told him he will publicly credit him for providing him the solve. Whether Mike will come clean about the other lies told, I don’t know.

The source, who is my search partner, does NOT know the finder as kpro and Mike have claimed. The source, who is my partner, has never said he knew the finder.

Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-11-2020, 07:57 PM,
New York Magazine
Lots of after the fact solvers adding their two bits as asterisks in a story never written. One might even say, a canopy of asterisks.
11-11-2020, 07:58 PM,
New York Magazine
(11-11-2020, 12:36 PM)Faulkins Maze Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 03:50 PM)LeadSolver Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 03:17 PM)filmguy Wrote: Back when I heard the statement mentioned at Harry's I went digging.
Now it's confirmation on confirmation.

No code cracking or decrypting required.

Sources:
"Preston, too, was left with the impression that Fenn’s puzzle was straightforward: “What he told me is: No anagrams, no number counting; the people doing that are all barking up the wrong tree.” - Intelligencer Article

Email from f to searcher
https://bloggedinthewoods.wordpress.com/fenns-emails/

So this "source" is a liar and proven liar by Fenn from the grave.

Seems to me the Justin piece at Intelligencer is propaganda for the purposes of ruining the better, less-popularized solves (mine, elements, ciphers) and boosting his/their Yellowstone narrative. These people keep trying to tell the public in bigger and better ways that other people are fake & not them faking something. But welcome to 2020, right? And most people will buy this bullshit, because they don't have ciphers. On and on we go. I will eventually wear down people and their bullshit - I PROMISE.

I couldn't agree more . Bunch of lies . That whole piece was complete garbage . Claiming 700 botg searches ???? Ya right , that dude is a lying sack . He wouldn't want to get mud on his Super INEPT CIA Agent ......ERRRrrrrrr ....... Treasure hunting truck with his dope sniff........errrrrr....ahhhhh, ......Bronze sniffing dog Toto or Taylor ...(........it IS named the Intelligencer!)

And in defense to the accused , I have to be honest and say , all that piece did was rake him over the coals , throwing conjecture and innuendo around like it was a job . . All the while giving Justin a free paid vacation to the Treasure Hunter Hall of Flem ...errr ...Fame.

Hi BT,

1. This was one of our solves. Not our final solve. My source had been to the spot twice and searched the area thoroughly in 2016 and 2018. NOT June of this year as kpro purported.

2. The source and Mike have been friends for a couple years, and our solve came up in a casual conversation between him and Mike. Apparently, Mike liked the solve, told kpro, and kpro then emailed my partner asking if he could speak to her directly. He doesn’t care for kpro at all, so he told her no.

3. The source didn’t mention ANYTHING about new info coming out. He sent me a message a few minutes before kpro and Mike went live to let me know they were going to talk about the solve and we both watched. When they got to the part about new info, I asked my partner if he had said that. He replied he didn’t know where they were getting that info and it was clear at that time they had some other agenda. Much of what they reported was NEVER said by my partner. They were pulling stuff out of thin air and seemed to be making up stuff as they went along.

So, the ONLY truthful part of their story is that my partner and I had a GPS solve and that spot was one of two possible spots we had considered. My partner did mention it to Mike in conversation. He did not expect the overblown sensation and drama the casual conversation would evolve into. The pics kpro and mike posted on the show were ones my partner had shown me in 2016 and were not taken in June of this year as falsely reported.

The “source” is not the liar. Kpro and Mike, who have added some crazy embellishments to the story, are the liars.

All the source did was mention one of our solves in a casual conversation with Mike. He did not say it was the correct spot. In fact, we KNEW it wasn’t the correct spot because he’d searched it twice.

@Mindy ,
I have a question : If the above is true (I am sure that it is ) why in your opinion , if Mike and Him are friends , why all the - "secret source " this , and --- "Mystery Man" that going on ? I mean , it would have been so easy for Mike to say I got this idea from a buddy of mine ?

Playing devils advocate , if they are friends and he DIDN'T acknowledge his friend , that would lead one to believe that it LOOKS like he stole the idea and wouldnt give him credit . Why would he embellish and add stuff? That doesn't make much sense that Mike said " Screw him , I am gonna change it into something else", basically saying I'm not your friend ..

I know its only your opinion , being in the middle , but I am curious to hear your ideas. Thanks in advance
[/quote]

Actually I can answer that with a fact—not my opinion. The chase is over. My search partner, who is “the source,” wanted to remain anonymous. He is an entrepreneur and businessman and didn’t want the attention. He has never wanted any attention in the chase, and rarely visited the forums. He’s got a lot going on in his life right now and simply does not want any of the drama. Which is why I have held myself back from blowing the liars out of the water.

For the record, Sacha can back up my claims 100%, because she also knows the source and is familiar with all of this.

Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-11-2020, 08:11 PM,
(11-11-2020, 07:58 PM)Mindy Wrote: Actually I can answer that with a fact—not my opinion. The chase is over. My search partner, who is “the source,” wanted to remain anonymous. He is an entrepreneur and businessman and didn’t want the attention. He has never wanted any attention in the chase, and rarely visited the forums. He’s got a lot going on in his life right now and simply does not want any of the drama. Which is why I have held myself back from blowing the liars out of the water.

For the record, Sacha can back up my claims 100%, because she also knows the source and is familiar with all of this.

Mindy it is clear from most of us forum long timers, that you speak the truth, and cow speaks bull! krapo speaks crap. Just one of the many reasons they were booted from posting here.

It is funny to watch the dummies on the other forums to gobble up the bull and krapo show.
11-11-2020, 09:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 09:24 PM by question.)
(11-11-2020, 06:36 PM)Ayani Wrote: CraFam..we may disagree on politics, but I think we align very closely in agreement on the nature of the Chase hoax. Hoaxing is a grand American tradition. To instigate, elaborate, and perpetuate a hoax, as exemplified by Poe, Twain/Clemens, Orson Welles, and now Fenn, among others— is a celebration of the archetypal grand illusion, which at the same time provides entertainment and instruction. It is a singular American art form that escapes recognition as a genre unto itself, and which should be recognized, as is American Jazz. For all his faults and shortcomings, I think Fenn will one day be recognized for his unique and ingenious contribution to the literary art form that is the great American hoax.

TTOTC Pages 111-112:

Once I received a nice note from a seven-year-old girl and it was so funny because it said, “My father thinks you’re a fraud.”

Funny. Signpost. Fraud.

Truth.

(11-11-2020, 08:11 PM)Top Secret Wrote: Mindy it is clear from most of us forum long timers, that you speak the truth, and cow speaks bull! krapo speaks crap. Just one of the many reasons they were booted from posting here.

It is funny to watch the dummies on the other forums to gobble up the bull and krapo show.

The lies just pour out of KowPro's mouth. She claimed that the article was in The New Yorker, but it was published in New York Magazine, which is a joke to those of us back east. Of course, she gets called on her lies, denies, and plays the victim as always. Just a sick individual so desperate for attention.
11-12-2020, 12:28 AM,
New York Magazine
(11-11-2020, 09:19 PM)question Wrote: TTOTC Pages 111-112:

Once I received a nice note from a seven-year-old girl and it was so funny because it said, “My father thinks you’re a fraud.”

Funny. Signpost. Fraud.

Truth.

My all-time fave is his use of Shakespeare as an example of wanting to be remembered. Even Mark Twain questioned the validity of William Shakespeare as the author of the works attributed to Shakespeare in his book Is Shakespeare Dead. You simply have to do your own research and make your own connections.
11-12-2020, 06:44 AM,
I wish I cared enough to go back through all my emails and search them to recall better than my faded memory why I stopped considering gps. If I remember correctly though....Dal was told by Forrest that it wasn't anything like GPS. I vaguely also remember something like either gps wasn't AS available when he started writing the poem....or the satellites weren't accurate so much or there weren't many of them. My believe is Forrest told Dal he didn't know how to use a gps.

I also remember considering aviation coordinates and those maps and giving up on them as an option, but I don't recall why. I haven't paid enough attention to this....but are the gps coordinates supposed to be aviation one's or the type we use that this solve represents?

I believe the aviation use a triangulation and use 3 sets of numbers.
© Stephanie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Society Magazine Lied Mindy 6 2,361 08-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Last Post: dude here
  Latest Fenn Article in Wired Magazine MuertodeCorrales 7 3,619 07-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: muset
  Amtrak magazine article (April 2018) astree 42 19,470 04-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  True West Magazine Becky from WV 7 4,746 01-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Old Magazine Article Dr. Avis 7 4,758 05-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: mdavis19
  New Time Magazine Thread with Forrest presby 2 2,362 02-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Last Post: presby