Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The SS Islander…
11-20-2020, 02:50 PM,
RE: Shilo inheritance
(11-20-2020, 11:17 AM)filmguy Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 07:01 PM)admin Wrote: I once asked Forrest if anyone in his family was into his collection and he said no one was. Just thought that was sad...but can relate to that. Some family members just aren't.

Chapter 1 in The Thrill of the Chase is all you need to read to see his sadness (and anger). Just think.....all that he's collected and he didn't bring any of it with him. Decades from now it'll be spread out all over the world again.

Curious though, did he want to die at home to be with his family or was it more important to him to die surrounded by all of his stuff?

Very interesting....I'm sure his family...but that's sorta funny about his stuff. I think he'd even laugh at that comment.
© Stephanie
11-20-2020, 02:55 PM,
RE: Shilo inheritance
(11-20-2020, 11:17 AM)filmguy Wrote: Curious though, did he want to die at home to be with his family or was it more important to him to die surrounded by all of his stuff?

I think he wanted to die "with his boots on" (metaphorically) -- the cowboy way.

Or "with guns blazing" -- the fighter pilot way.

I respect that.
11-20-2020, 07:37 PM,
RE: The SS Islander…
(11-17-2020, 07:15 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote: Just read interesting story by Dal called "The SS Islander..."

https://dalneitzel.com/2020/11/18/island...ent-980379

About Crayton Fenn (Forrest’s nephew and Skippy’s son) and a boat full of gold that sank off of Alaska. In the end, sounds like he got screwed by the courts. Not too surprising I suppose. Makes you wonder why anyone bothers with treasure hunting when Uncle Sam just steals it from you at the end of the day.

Thanks for the info about Dal's story.

Somehow the forum software merged your new thread with your last thread and changed the title and first post. You may or may not get some strange responses.