Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Judge transfers subpoena from ff to heirs
12-01-2020, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 08:22 AM by ravenhome777.)
RE: Judge transfers subpoena from ff to heirs
(11-27-2020, 11:38 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 09:39 AM)ravenhome777 Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 07:07 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 09:08 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote: And then you wonder why the finder wanted to remain anonymous! Smart move by all accounts. He/she knows there's paranas in these waters. I would have done the same.

No winner of a treasure hunt should ever be allowed to stay anonymous or it creates a playground for scammers who never have to hide anything to be found. There ALWAYS needs to be a list of finders. There also needs to be a clear end date or it never has to be found. Also, the value should be verified by a third party, or be a clear monetary value. Imagine someone offering jewelry for example as a prize. Is it perceived value to someone? Retail value? Wholesale value? As an industry we all should be standing together on these sticking points.

There's at least one treasure hunt starting that I believe has a good chance to be a money grab and there won't actually be a treasure found unless they can fool people enough to believe they have the money and will fund it that way. I have nothing to back that up, but logic makes me feel that's the case so I won't say who I believe that to be. I also think this treasure hunt's "value" is so high that it will cause regulation that will likely shut down the industry as politicians won't want it to interfere with their gambling industry even though these are games of skill.

I respectfully disagree. I think we are just on-lookers. No one owes us anything. The way I see it, this is essentially a transaction. It's a transaction between the hider and the finder. What they decide to disclose and not disclose to us is their privilege. Same way an auction house can choose to keep the identity of the buyer anonymous. I especially think it's important to give the finder of a treasure hunt the option for anonymity after we have seen what shenanigans have occurred during the Forrest Fenn treasure hunt. Having your identity known instantly makes you famous. Some people don't want to be famous. Some people want to continue being an un-known entity that can go to the grocery store without being harassed. Being famous, or becoming a "known" person, changes your life dramatically. Some people do not want that. Just because someone was clever enough to win a treasure hunt, does not mean that we should force them to have a lifestyle change. Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

I'm not a lawyer, but I have read that some states require a winners identity to be disclosed. As a community, I think it should be standard that we support that since it can lead to sketchiness if someone's able to say...oh I have a million dollars I hid...pay me and go find it. The only way to protect ourselves and this community from being shut down in my belief is by only promoting treasure hunts that will have those standards.

I prefer freedom instead of bureaucracy and regulation.
12-01-2020, 09:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 12:31 PM by crazyfamily.)
Judge transfers subpoena from ff to heirs
“Freedom” has become nothing but a cry for lawlessness.

Once we asked Forrest if he knew a Santa Fe dealer that we could buy pots from who wouldn’t try to rip us off. He said that he had been out of the business too long to know anyone. Then he told us to go out and find one.

Uhh, it’s a felony to remove pottery from public land, and he didn’t extend an offer for us to pot hunt at San Lazaro.

It’s ironic how Americans happily trample laws that protect American Indian religious beliefs and then demand that churchs be allowed to stay open in the face of the Covid pandemic because the constitution prevents the government from making laws restricting religion.

Pretty clear what’s transpiring here.

You people have been duped by conspiracy mongers. Whatever answer it is that you don’t like turns whatever issue into a conspiracy. In the conservative mind religious freedom has become an assault on Christianity. Isn’t that ironic?
12-01-2020, 02:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 02:43 PM by Faulkins Maze.)
(12-01-2020, 08:21 AM)ravenhome777 Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 11:38 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 09:39 AM)ravenhome777 Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 07:07 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 09:08 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote: And then you wonder why the finder wanted to remain anonymous! Smart move by all accounts. He/she knows there's paranas in these waters. I would have done the same.

No winner of a treasure hunt should ever be allowed to stay anonymous or it creates a playground for scammers who never have to hide anything to be found. There ALWAYS needs to be a list of finders. There also needs to be a clear end date or it never has to be found. Also, the value should be verified by a third party, or be a clear monetary value. Imagine someone offering jewelry for example as a prize. Is it perceived value to someone? Retail value? Wholesale value? As an industry we all should be standing together on these sticking points.

There's at least one treasure hunt starting that I believe has a good chance to be a money grab and there won't actually be a treasure found unless they can fool people enough to believe they have the money and will fund it that way. I have nothing to back that up, but logic makes me feel that's the case so I won't say who I believe that to be. I also think this treasure hunt's "value" is so high that it will cause regulation that will likely shut down the industry as politicians won't want it to interfere with their gambling industry even though these are games of skill.

I respectfully disagree. I think we are just on-lookers. No one owes us anything. The way I see it, this is essentially a transaction. It's a transaction between the hider and the finder. What they decide to disclose and not disclose to us is their privilege. Same way an auction house can choose to keep the identity of the buyer anonymous. I especially think it's important to give the finder of a treasure hunt the option for anonymity after we have seen what shenanigans have occurred during the Forrest Fenn treasure hunt. Having your identity known instantly makes you famous. Some people don't want to be famous. Some people want to continue being an un-known entity that can go to the grocery store without being harassed. Being famous, or becoming a "known" person, changes your life dramatically. Some people do not want that. Just because someone was clever enough to win a treasure hunt, does not mean that we should force them to have a lifestyle change. Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

I'm not a lawyer, but I have read that some states require a winners identity to be disclosed. As a community, I think it should be standard that we support that since it can lead to sketchiness if someone's able to say...oh I have a million dollars I hid...pay me and go find it. The only way to protect ourselves and this community from being shut down in my belief is by only promoting treasure hunts that will have those standards.

I prefer freedom instead of bureaucracy and regulation.

Me too . BUt it makes 1 wonder , why after all this time and very biased outlooks from some , would it be argued to be an "Industry " or business model of any sort ? That is beyond weird for me . Like " Oh that treasure hunt maker is a big fat liar , he sucks , he hoaxed ......but hang a dang minute here , we need to make sure this industry and market share he created for me myself and I , should be considered something to be regulated and make sure all the rules will be followed ."

i mean it sounds like an I.P.O. pitch to investors or a ploy to the IRS to get a tax exemption .

(11-25-2020, 11:10 AM)admin Wrote: I was told by someone who's in contact with the lawyer that he knows who the finder is.

We were ALL told this same thing .....by Fenndy . So there goes everyones secret source ...Goodbye secret info !
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."
12-01-2020, 07:22 PM,
(12-01-2020, 02:40 PM)Faulkins Maze Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 11:10 AM)admin Wrote: I was told by someone who's in contact with the lawyer that he knows who the finder is.

We were ALL told this same thing .....by Fenndy . So there goes everyones secret source ...Goodbye secret info !

I believe she meant the lawyer knows who the Finder is. I don't believe Fenn ever said anything about that. If he did, I apologize. New news to me. Link?
Yesterday, 10:27 PM,
I was told that Forrest's lawyer knows who the finder is. I don't know Fenndy.
© Stephanie
15 minutes ago,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wvtdP2E...-6hUK-8tPk

She's posted a video.
© Stephanie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dont judge a book by the cover will197532 9 4,766 12-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Last Post: deb