Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
06-28-2013, 05:49 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
I wonder how Forrest would know that SEARCHERS have been so close. That means they must have either gotten in touch with him about their searches, or it's a popular area among searchers...
06-28-2013, 06:06 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
Sounds like he's wanting us to find it releasing a clue like that!!!!

Is there a video link anyone know?! I missed it!!
06-28-2013, 06:07 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
Oh I just read the last part of your post Peace! Lol! Thanks!!
06-28-2013, 06:17 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
I think it is just the 500' comment
06-28-2013, 06:34 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
yes and they did NOT say "ff says its been close to being found" they said that themselves and then referenced Fs 500' comment

06-28-2013, 08:43 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
Video Link:

http://www.today.com/video/today/52339204#52339204

Peacemaker
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
Steph is it just me or does f get more handsome with every interview? He looked really good today!
06-28-2013, 09:49 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
I wonder how Forrest would know that SEARCHERS have been so close. That means they must have either gotten in touch with him about their searches, or it's a popular area among searchers...
06-28-2013, 10:11 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
I knew this was going to be a huge clue! This really narrows down our search area.

I hadn't devoted a bunch of time to Idaho or Utah research yet, but I had a growing list of places to armchair. This is going to save me a big whack of time. I wanted something to search in Idaho because I'm driving right through its guts to my big August chase. And I really wanted a search-related excuse to get back to Canyonlands in Utah. I guess I'll just have to buy a vacation house in Moab after I find the Chest!
06-28-2013, 10:39 AM,
Today Show Clue 6/28/13
Sorry folks, but I am very disappointed in the giving of the last clue. I feel the hunt just became the Today Show Thrill of the Chase.

Forrest Fenn just came crashing down off the pedestal some searches had put him on. How he can give such a clue after almost 3 years, shows me he has caved in to the TS pressure and now it is their hunt.

The reporter obviously new the clue ahead of the broadcast and tried to appear as if trying to surprise FF with her extra question. His emphatic NO, I think was also planned to save face. It's all about appearances as TS wants it shown to the public. Especially after last months clue.

He needs to tell TS to take a hike. They play dirty and he doesn't need them to fulfill the legacy he wants. To me it's not about finding the chest. It's about his and the integrity of the hunt. There are plenty of other ways to get additional people interested. He doesn't need a networks endorsement.

Someone may have paid a lot of money to the cancer patients fund to get a significant clue, but the ends do not justify the means. Obviously TS wants it found by the end of the 8 month clue agreement. They may get the X they want before it's over.

Hasn't corporate America already taken enough from us?

I have not looked at Utah at all and have spent 1 hour considering Idaho. I just haven't gotten there yet. I'm still looking in Wyoming so todays clue only effects me by my desire to continue... and it's waning. I was hoping the clue would include specific verification that the chest is still out there, because I'm doubting that. His last statement about notifying websites if he finds out, is only verification that he has not yet found out.

The Thrill of the Chase just became "Isn't The Today Show wonderful for helping us find it?"

all just my very personal opinion of course,

jdh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Today Show clues jen 5 3,161 01-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Last Post: deb