Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ponder this
01-02-2021, 08:28 PM,
Ponder this
“When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle, then I realized that the Lord doesn’t WORK THAT WAY so I STOLE one and asked Him to FORGIVE me.” ~Emo Phillips

“God will forgive me, that’s what He does.” ~Forrest Fenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-02-2021, 10:35 PM,
RE: Ponder this
“When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle, then I realized that the Lord doesn’t WORK THAT WAY so I STOLE one and asked Him to FORGIVE me.” ~Emo Phillips

Hi Mindy,
Jim Carrey says something like, “I like it a lot,” I do to. Your post and pondering that is.

It reminds me of the game of hopscotch, played on a sidewalk, the place I used to ride my bike as well. Kids try to avoid the cracks in sidewalks, and I remember saying “step on a crack, break your mommas back,” but for some reason it was okay to ride my tires over them. Lol. Maybe the kid, that stole the bike, knew in advance, (maybe like Forrest), that a person must forgive themselves if they expect for God to. Maybe that kid just knew in advance. That makes him a smarty-pants.

I lost my bike as a child because I made a mistake. I was excited after hitting the grand slam that won the game and the team went to Mcdonald’s afterwards. The bike stayed at the field, forgotten. It took me a while to forgive myself for that one, but that is what I had to do first.
01-03-2021, 12:31 AM,
Ponder this
I don’t suspect that Forrest was a Christian, so that seems more like an ff “joke,” but I get where you’re coming from.

Forrest always spoke about things in a way that you would expect from one of his people. I think he was solidly animistic.

Remember how much he loved that ‘36 Chevy? When they traded that thing for a ‘41 Plymouth he was worried what might happen to him. Then he said if he could find that Chevy he’d keep it forever.
01-03-2021, 12:37 AM,
RE: Ponder this
(01-02-2021, 10:35 PM)trueyeti Wrote: “When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle, then I realized that the Lord doesn’t WORK THAT WAY so I STOLE one and asked Him to FORGIVE me.” ~Emo Phillips

Hi Mindy,
Jim Carrey says something like, “I like it a lot,” I do to. Your post and pondering that is.

I lost my bike as a child because I made a mistake. I was excited after hitting the grand slam that won the game and the team went to Mcdonald’s afterwards. The bike stayed at the field, forgotten. It took me a while to forgive myself for that one, but that is what I had to do first.

I wonder if Emo Phillips has your bike... Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things to Ponder in TToTC Mindy 16 8,748 08-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Some points to ponder.... TwoCrows 13 8,837 07-29-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  A picture to ponder...don't read, poem purists! Mindy 16 13,655 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Something to ponder and riffle through. Hammertime 2 1,801 05-14-2015, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Tim Nobody
  Something to ponder..... true north 7 3,440 04-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Last Post: true north