Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the Chase at?
01-06-2021, 12:38 AM,
Where is the Chase at?
I think that the Chase is where it is supposed to be.

I wanted to post elsewhere, but choose not to, so I start a new thread instead:

I like the line from Star Wars, “Return of the Jedi,” where the evil emperor says, “Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.” Forrest Fenn enclosed a 20,000 word, “autobiography,” sealed in a jar, inside his treasure chest. What could those words say?

The text of the, “autobiography,” could serve to guarantee to Forrest, the role the finder would play, whether he be dead or alive when the chest was found.

The words in his, “autobiography,” could be like a, “script,” or a, “plan,” or a, “design,” that the finder is to follow. One option could be, not reveal the solve, nor the location, of where the chest was found.

“As designed,” by Forrest as it applies to where the chase is at, equates to the line, “as foreseen,” in Star Wars, and ensures that the hunt for the answers to his Poem, is to continue. Look at Forrest, he is not the kind of guy that is going to give away the “whole enchilada,” in one, fell swoop. He may very well, have designed the chase to be, “proceeding exactly as he had foreseen”. Where the chase is at, right now, may be, exactly where he had, “foreseen,” it to be.

As he, “designed,” it to be. The search for answers continues after all, and this could be, “by design”.

He may have written his 20,000 word, “auto-biography,” with continencies in mind: on whether he was dead or alive, on whether the finder wanted to disclose the location of the chest, and, whether to disclose the solution of the solve.

Forrest said that he had thought of everything. The 20,000 words of Forrest in the chest, could serve as the, “guarantee,” that he had hinted about. This, “guarantee,” he referred to, here, infers that he would be guaranteed that the finder would let Forrest know that the chest had been found, and could also serve as a guarantee that the search would continue even after his treasure chest was found. It could be that the, “autobiography,” is, “designed,” to ensure that searchers are to continue the search, even though the chest has been found.

Even though the chest has been found, the chase continues, does it not? In my opinion, it is by the design, of Forrest Fenn, that we are still searching for answers. And that is where the Chase is at.

When talking to Douglas Preston at the Pink Adobe restaurant in Santa Fe, the joke was that “you can’t take it with you.” The money, that is. But Forrest had figured out a way that he could take it with him, figuratively, that is. Remember the other part of the joke is that Forrest would throw his dying body upon the chest at the location, and that would make the finder of his treasure chest a “grave robber,” and that is the funny punchline of the joke, told between the two friends at the Pink Adobe.

His 20,000-word autobiography, sealed in the chest, can be viewed as another one of his riddles, but this time, it is being told, from beyond the grave, and it is between him and the finder of his chest. Where the chase is at now, is where Forrest wanted it to be, by design, possibly. And if true, then it is like a farewell joke, told by the man, from beyond the grave. And this makes an endearing, and lasting statement, and a rather good farewell joke as well.

The continued search for the answers, is the chase sustained, and this is what Forrest preserves by not disclosing either the solve, or the location of the chest. He leaves it up to us. His legacy is preserved as we are invited by Forrest - to be in on the joke too!

Forrest planned where the Chase is at now, all along, as he thought of everything over the course of decades.

Where the chase is at now, is exactly as he had foreseen, like the emperor in Star Wars. Please, consider the possibility of this simple hypothesis.

It can be fun to be in on a joke, and a treasure hunt is supposed to be fun after all. And the joke, could be in part, the riddle of his 20,000-word autobiography, and it may tell the finder of his role, in Forrest’s design, of where the Chase is at right now. It could also serve to guarantee that the chase continues, even though he has made his journey, and passed on. He said that he had thought of everything, and that includes jokes.

We, the searchers are, “in on the joke,” as well, when we discover the answers, and that can be the fun part of the work that lies in front of us, and this is by Forrest’s design too. Perhaps....

You are welcome to add your thoughts to this string, but I ask that you please understand, accusations, name calling, and derogatory innuendo are not welcome. Thank you.
01-06-2021, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 01:05 AM by crazyfamily.)
Where is the Chase at?
That’s pretty funny.

Forrest said, “Not a day passes that I don’t question myself about what lies ahead and whether or not I can make it happen like it’s supposed to be.”
01-06-2021, 08:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 08:09 AM by filmguy.)
RE: Where is the Chase at?
"Even though the chest has been found, the chase continues, does it not? In my opinion, it is by the design, of Forrest Fenn, that we are still searching for answers. And that is where the Chase is at."

Just more crazy talk.
The chase is proceeding? Is there something mentally wrong here?
Its like a fan staying in the stands after their team has lost hoping the league will make a change and there's now 5 quarters of football. Or a Saints fan staying behind because they believe the Commissioner should over turn the bad call and the game will continue.

It's over.
The game is over.
The only thing that is happening how is searchers acting like drunk fans in a sport bar yelling and complaining that their team should have won, the refs made them lose, the whole system is rigged.

(You asked and your request was denied)
01-06-2021, 03:15 PM,
RE: Where is the Chase at?
(01-06-2021, 08:07 AM)filmguy Wrote: "Even though the chest has been found, the chase continues, does it not? In my opinion, it is by the design, of Forrest Fenn, that we are still searching for answers. And that is where the Chase is at."

Just more crazy talk.
The chase is proceeding? Is there something mentally wrong here?
Its like a fan staying in the stands after their team has lost hoping the league will make a change and there's now 5 quarters of football. Or a Saints fan staying behind because they believe the Commissioner should over turn the bad call and the game will continue.

It's over.
The game is over.
The only thing that is happening how is searchers acting like drunk fans in a sport bar yelling and complaining that their team should have won, the refs made them lose, the whole system is rigged.

(You asked and your request was denied)

Hello Filmguy,
The fans drink. They do it to cope with their team’s loss. They do it as a, “means to an end”. They do it to escape from having to “deal” with the reality of them not getting what they wanted. They wanted their team to win. They employ drinking as a coping mechanism to, “grieve,” their team losing the game. But the morning after they must face the fact that their team lost, that their hopes were dashed, and now, they must grieve honestly while dealing with a hangover.

Grieving is a 5 step or more process and involves the following: Denial, Bargaining, Roller-coaster, Acceptance, and Moving On. This is well studied and documented, please indulge yourself into the meaning of what you are expressing as you make a very sound point.

In psychology the concept of “reframing,” refers to what I am saying. For a person, it is necessary to, “reframe,” after a defeat to assign meaning to the loss in their mind.

In another thread titled, “why did the chicken cross the road,” I equate the, “suffered loss,” of not finding the chest, to “existential angst.”

With respect to me, that search can only begin once I, (me, the chicken), have finished the grieving process and Moved On. Then, I can begin the new journey, the quest for the answers to Forrest’s riddles in totality. Therefore, the search continues. This is logic and is not maniacal. I expect people of reason to know the difference.

Meaning, becomes the new “Treasure” that I am in search of. Eureka for the sake of Eureka is the equivalent to what the French mean when they say, “L’art pour l’art.” (Art for the sake of art). Meaning, for the sake of meaning. Answers for the sake of answers; that is the treasure now; “the answers I already know,” is now my new quest to discover.

Accusations of “mental instability,” and “crazy-talk,” is a defense mechanism.

Psychological projections are often employed by people in an attempt to invalidate others that threaten their “paradigms,” or their ego, and are designed to protect the person throwing the shade. Often, the person who is projecting by saying that “others are crazy”, has not completed the “grieving process,” themselves and have grown comfortable in their “cocoon” of denial.

Apparently, you do not understand, that while the addition of your thoughts to this string is welcome, derogatory inuendo, accusations, name calling, and finger pointing are NOT! I do not seek to destroy, nor to injure, so please if you contribute your thoughts, be sure that they contribute something constructively creative, or do not.

If you would like to know more about defense mechanisms, the grieving process, or adolescent shadow projection, please PM me and I can educate you. Otherwise please, halt, the troll games.

Thank you, with respect.

Now, I commit to the task of asking questions, (the chase is on) to discern the meaning. I want to know the answers that Forrest already knows. Shade aside, thank you for your excellent thoughts Filmguy.