Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest Fenn = DB Cooper
01-08-2021, 03:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 03:58 PM by Balder.)
RE: Forrest Fenn = DB Cooper
(01-08-2021, 03:43 PM)admin Wrote: I think the timeline for DB and Forrest are very similar. The same year Forrest opened the gallery was when the DB caper happened. Did Forrest need the funds? Why did he go into biz with Rex, and then buy him out so quick? He had the ability to go fly to other countries to buy Russian artwork for his gallery. What a good way to launder money....Remember that article where those daughters(forget who they were).....said how Forrest would just go in and take as much as he could from caves and I think grave sites too? He grabbed every banana. I was attacked for so long for thinking these things about Forrest and so funny if people really knew that Forrest still was very friendly with me. He would trash talk about me to others for a VERY good reason....he NEVER wanted anyone close to me so they wouldn't hear my opinion. It's good to see so many though who now question who he was. I honestly think he admired those of us who did.

Didn't he also say that any of you approached 6 feet from the treasure?

Forrest Fenn is 6 feet tall.

But like most of the things he said, this statement had a double bottom.
01-08-2021, 04:42 PM,
(01-08-2021, 10:48 AM)filmguy Wrote: ...the same mentality as someone who sales forged paintings as if they were originals.

Can you provide even one instance of someone claiming the above happened? I have never heard of anyone claiming the paintings by a famous forger were sold by Forrest as if they were originals. As far as I know, they were all sold as "famous" fakes.

Since Forrest told the story of the fakes on himself, it is doubtful he was trolling for past customers to come and sue him. The logic is ridiculous.
01-09-2021, 12:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 12:41 AM by Faulkins Maze.)
(01-08-2021, 10:48 AM)filmguy Wrote: I get everybody's confusion with Forrest and DB Cooper.
It's because their ethics and morales were about the same.

What DB Cooper did comes from the same mentality as someone who sales forged paintings as if they were originals and who used his skill set as a pilot to steal and sale ancient antiquities globally (allegedly).

While everybody was distracted and focused on catching drug runners in the 80s, Fenn was running priceless artifacts (allegedly).

You don't make the kind of money Forrest made selling cheap/fake art, but you do make it on the black market and you use your art gallery to launder the money.
Someone who, in their old age, feels guilty for taking so much from people and creates a treasure hunt in order to "give it back" and clear their own conscience before they die.

You seem to ALWAYS come from the wrong side of the argument , twisting and distorting facts for sensationalism .

He TOLD poeple they were fakes . He also told US what he sold them for , and it was in line with fakes , much less than qenuine works .

What I believe Stephanie was referring to , I may be wrong , is the fact that we was cleaning out the caves of EVERYTHING of value when some would take an article or 2 .

Now , what this is called in the resale world is -----100% PURE profit . The only cost accrued is your personal sweat and labor , and maybe some gas if you want to be symantic about it . I saw a couple of pictures of his gallery back in the day , and it was FILLED , OVERFLOWING of things . I mean EVERYWHERE , 30 or 40 riffles , 50 pairs of Moccasins etc.
So when you get all of your stuff for free in the begining , you can A. Sell it for whatever your heart desires and B. Gain a LARGE LOYAL following of Celebrities who are getting garage sale deals , when they are the biggest cheap skates in the world .

THAT was his secret recipe for wealth . PERIOD

Oh , and Donnie was DB . SPITTING image of the dude . And Forrest was COMPLETELY part of it . There are SO many coincidences , it is UNREAL .

His timeline takes a strange turn with little said about why -------

Grows up in Yellowstone ,
Joins Airforce ,
Goes to Vietnam ,
Gets shot down ,
Comes home , Retires from AF ,
Sits in bed for 1 hour every morning "THINKING" -

-----------------
YA RIGHT ---------------
===========

Buys into a business knows nothing about with a A LOT of cash .

SIMPLE

OH!!!! And the new hint I JUST uncovered ------------------------

The FBI found 3 cans of soda at the same depth as the cash found at Tena Bar ---

1. Orange Nebbits

2 . Some soda from Oklahoma ---but the picture on the can is THE EXACT SAME COLORING AND CLOTHING AS THE BIG SIGN AT THE "DUDE" MOTEL!!!!!!! .
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."
01-09-2021, 11:24 AM,
And then there is the fact that Donnie Boy ('DB') was a chain smoker, just like 'DB Cooper'. "D.B. Cooper smoked; his brand of cigarettes was Raleigh." Wonder what Donnie's favorite smoke was.
01-10-2021, 01:00 AM,
(01-09-2021, 11:24 AM)Siddhartha Wrote: And then there is the fact that Donnie Boy ('DB') was a chain smoker, just like 'DB Cooper'. "D.B. Cooper smoked; his brand of cigarettes was Raleigh." Wonder what Donnie's favorite smoke was.

Bang on correct . It had to be Donnie . Forrest is a good looking , cocky fighter pilot . The stewardess would have been hitting on him and remember him well . Donnie ? hes the perfect guy to use , if you look at him , you forget him as soon as you turn .
"The first game on the list ! .....Go right through Faulkens Maze ."
01-10-2021, 08:00 AM,
Forrest Fenn = DB Cooper
Donnie was short and stocky. Doesn’t fit the description of Cooper.
01-10-2021, 09:00 AM,
Apparently, it is still difficult for some to accept that Forrest Fenn was DB Cooper.

Dan Cooper may have been his nickname, but it wasn't a ghost.
01-10-2021, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 11:56 AM by filmguy.)
(01-08-2021, 04:42 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 10:48 AM)filmguy Wrote: ...the same mentality as someone who sales forged paintings as if they were originals.

Can you provide even one instance of someone claiming the above happened? I have never heard of anyone claiming the paintings by a famous forger were sold by Forrest as if they were originals. As far as I know, they were all sold as "famous" fakes.

Since Forrest told the story of the fakes on himself, it is doubtful he was trolling for past customers to come and sue him. The logic is ridiculous.

Stand corrected. Misworded statement.
Curious though, why nobody came forward to sue Forrest. He must of had the buyers sign a statement saying they understand the paintings were fake.

It still stands the question to ethics.
Forrest like everybody else knows those people that bought the painting aren't going to tell anybody else they are fake. They were buying them to pass off a originals and boost to their family and friends. Forrest telling his customers they were fake was just a CYA, but he knew what he was really selling.

Person A tells Person B that he is about to tell a lie. He tells Person B that Donald Trump raped him. He then reminds that person that the following statement was a lie, but to go out and tell everybody it's true. Is Person A in the clear?

Calling Forrest Fenn an art dealer is a slap in the face to art.
If anything he's a salesman who benefited from people's vanity and narcissism.
Not saying there's anything wrong with that.
I admire someone who acquires money from rich people who suffer from flawed personalities.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DB Cooper could be Forrest admin 83 35,145 05-19-2020, 07:27 PM
Last Post: muset
  DB Cooper Podcast 3:00 EST TODAY! Mindy 0 952 04-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  D B Cooper Timraywa 20 10,701 08-23-2019, 05:13 AM
Last Post: admin
  Forrest Fenn: Our Modern Forrest Gump filmguy 6 3,388 05-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  DB Cooper News Beavertooth 1 1,669 02-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Mindy