Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack's First Mistake was Made
01-10-2021, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM by filmguy.)
Jack's First Mistake was Made
"My car rental records aren’t public records. I doubt people would be willing to lose their job and get into legal trouble just to get that information out, and I doubt they would be as revealing as people like to think.

He told me he hid it when he did because he was in Wyoming anyway for an event at the museum in Cody, so it was convenient to hide it on the same trip."

LOL
Jack you screwed up.
I know someone very close who works for Enterprise. They're the one that looked up Forrest's records for me and now we'll be looking up yours.

I'm only posting this here because I did comment, under djjmciv some 5+ years ago, that I had Forrest's rental car information in WY. I'll see if I can find it here in a moment.

PS - Legal trouble? Don't make me laugh. I didn't know it was illegal for employees to look up customer information.

Will be using what I know of Forrest and soon to be Jack to pinpoint a location and pinpoint a spot. Look for more information in the coming months on anything I found. Obviously, I won't be stating that I used Enterprise information to come in this conclusion.
01-10-2021, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 01:51 PM by filmguy.)
RE: Jack's First Mistake was Made
Found it!!

Saturday June 19th – Sunday June 20th, 2010
EVENT – 29th Annual Plains Indian Museum PowWow
LOCATION – Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Joe Robbie PowWow Garden,
728 Sheridan Avenue, Cody, WY

THIS IS WHEN FORREST HID THE TREASURE. 100%

References:
http://www.codybedandbreakfast.com/html/events.html

Interesting article on what Forrest donated at the museum, which happens to be the spoils from the treasure he put in the chest.
http://www.codynewscompany.com/2015/06/c...llion.html

2010 Annual Report that shows Forrest as a sponsor and on the Board of Trustees for Buffalo Bill Historical Center.
https://centerofthewest.org/wp-content/u...t_2010.pdf

Notes:
Chest hid in the weekend of June 19 - 20th 2010.
4 months later The Thrill of the Chase is released.
Brown Mountain is only 65 miles from Cody.
01-10-2021, 01:55 PM,
(01-10-2021, 01:33 PM)filmguy Wrote: 2010 Annual Report that shows Forrest as a sponsor and on the Board of Trustees for Buffalo Bill Historical Center.

Anyone else feel that Jack was privileged to this information too? I'll see if we can look up if he was ever an employer.

It has long been known (7-8 years) in the searcher community that Fenn was on the Board of Trustees and attended numerous meetings there (in Cody).

Your car rental info, however, implies that he flew there with the treasure and chest in hand. Searchers have always struggled with the fact that he was not flying himself anymore by 2009 (his pilot's license had lapsed), so he would have had to fly commercial -- risky for leaving clues to his whereabouts, but even more risky perhaps for the treasure. Most searchers concluded that he had driven to his area in a private car, to protect the treasure and his whereabouts. Gasoline credit card receipts for 2009 and 2010 might be more interesting, but my guess is that he paid cash along his route for the treasure hiding trip.
01-10-2021, 02:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 02:56 PM by filmguy.)
I'm 100% behind Fenn did not fly on the days surrounding him hidding the chest.

We are talking about an event. It is plausible Fenn and a few others took one car to Cody then rented one when they got there so they weren't "stuck" with just that one car. I've done this before.

Scenario: Fenn asks a family member or friend to drive them to Cody. Says he will rent a car when there so the family or friend doesn't have to rely on Forrest's schedule and can go do their own thing.
01-10-2021, 03:00 PM,
(01-10-2021, 01:33 PM)filmguy Wrote: Found it!!

Saturday June 19th – Sunday June 20th, 2010
EVENT – 29th Annual Plains Indian Museum PowWow
LOCATION – Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Joe Robbie PowWow Garden,
728 Sheridan Avenue, Cody, WY

THIS IS WHEN FORREST HID THE TREASURE. 100%

References:
http://www.codybedandbreakfast.com/html/events.html

Interesting article on what Forrest donated at the museum, which happens to be the spoils from the treasure he put in the chest.
http://www.codynewscompany.com/2015/06/c...llion.html

2010 Annual Report that shows Forrest as a sponsor and on the Board of Trustees for Buffalo Bill Historical Center.

Notes:
Chest hid in the weekend of June 19 - 20th 2010.
4 months later The Thrill of the Chase is released.
Brown Mountain is only 65 miles from Cody.

There is only one problem with your dates. On June 6, 2020, Fenn said he hid more than 10 years ago. That would mean that the chest was hidden at least two weeks before the museum event. Fenn once said that the best time to go search was in April, so he may have hid it in April as well.

Why don't you earch for cars Fenn may have rented in Santa Fe around that time?
01-10-2021, 03:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 03:15 PM by filmguy.)
(01-10-2021, 03:00 PM)The_Spoiler Wrote: There is only one problem with your dates. On June 6, 2020, Fenn said he hid more than 10 years ago. That would mean that the chest was hidden at least two weeks before the museum event.

You believe Forrest sat down, did the math in his head, and then made the statement?
People usually do that when they talk and make general statements.

"more than 10 years go (more or less)"

Forrest was obviously very familiar with Cody. April is a good time to go, but I bet June is even better.

Thinking about it more....it's rather genius.
He travels to the location to hide the treasure.
He has an excuse in being there. Enough to cast doubts if that was the time and location he hid it.
He brings someone with him and rents a car. Let's that person use the rental. So, if anyone would to ever look up the information they would see where they went and not how far Forrest drove, in his own car, from Cody.
01-10-2021, 03:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 03:22 PM by The_Spoiler.)
(01-10-2021, 03:12 PM)filmguy Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 03:00 PM)The_Spoiler Wrote: There is only one problem with your dates. On June 6, 2020, Fenn said he hid more than 10 years ago. That would mean that the chest was hidden at least two weeks before the museum event.

You believe Forrest sat down, did the math in his head, and then made the statement?
People usually do that when they talk and make general statements.

"more than 10 years go (more or less)"

Forrest was obviously very familiar with Cody. April is a good time to go, but I bet June is even better.

Thinking about it more....it's rather genius.
He travels to the location to hide the treasure.
He has an excuse in being there. Enough to cast doubts if that was the time and location he hid it.
He brings someone with him and rents a car. Let's that person use the rental. So, if anyone would to ever look up the information they would see where they went and not how far Forrest drove, in his own car, from Cody.

The press release was written with attention to every word. Like I said before, there are clues in the press release for when it was found that took a lot of time to put together. It was not just an off the cuff remark.

Even less likely would be that he flew on a commercial flight or had anyone else with him. He would never have been stupid enough to check his bag with millions in gold and jewels. If he carried it on the plane, it would have been x-rayed and any agent worth a hoot would have opened it to see what they heck he had. Someone with him would have had to know about it or would be shocked when it was opened. Plus many other passengers would have seen it as well. He did not fly to hide the chest.
01-10-2021, 04:25 PM,
(01-10-2021, 02:52 PM)filmguy Wrote: I'm 100% behind Fenn did not fly on the days surrounding him hidding the chest.

We are talking about an event. It is plausible Fenn and a few others took one car to Cody then rented one when they got there so they weren't "stuck" with just that one car. I've done this before.

Scenario: Fenn asks a family member or friend to drive them to Cody. Says he will rent a car when there so the family or friend doesn't have to rely on Forrest's schedule and can go do their own thing.

Reasonable alternative.
01-11-2021, 11:36 PM,
Maybe someone flew him.
01-15-2021, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 04:10 PM by jurassic.)
(01-10-2021, 12:26 PM)filmguy Wrote: "My car rental records aren’t public records. I doubt people would be willing to lose their job and get into legal trouble just to get that information out, and I doubt they would be as revealing as people like to think.

He told me he hid it when he did because he was in Wyoming anyway for an event at the museum in Cody, so it was convenient to hide it on the same trip."

LOL
Jack you screwed up.
I know someone very close who works for Enterprise. They're the one that looked up Forrest's records for me and now we'll be looking up yours.

I'm only posting this here because I did comment, under djjmciv some 5+ years ago, that I had Forrest's rental car information in WY. I'll see if I can find it here in a moment.

PS - Legal trouble? Don't make me laugh. I didn't know it was illegal for employees to look up customer information.

Will be using what I know of Forrest and soon to be Jack to pinpoint a location and pinpoint a spot. Look for more information in the coming months on anything I found. Obviously, I won't be stating that I used Enterprise information to come in this conclusion.

Filmguy...I already posted where the correct location was. Because of my timing, It's possibly one of the reasons that Jack didn't post it on the real find period during summer of 2018. It's ok if the enterprise people tell you something, but nobody is going to rent a malibu to get to the site. I dont, and can't know for sure...and don't care...what JS rented. There is a possibility he leveraged Diane/Russ's inventory to get on-site...many FF TH's do...most without knowing that many others had as well. Many vehicles...dozen, maybe more, maybe 2 dozen decided to drive out there in 'normal' cars. And they got stuck. And the people nearby had to pull them out. Obviously, the town was interested...what was going on.

Many have predicted, that the date of the find might have been concocted. Perhaps JS did see FF the summer of 2018 and they both decided on this date in 2020. Its a curious opinion to be sure...but nonetheless...still theory. FF's reason for that btw would have been making good on book sales. 3 years books sales have a tendency to drop for books like FF's.

Also filmguy, not trying to be a wet blanket, but remember I think I contacted you about having the right location to coordinate things back in early...2017? But was met with more or less, ' yeah sure, yeah right.' I dont believe...etc (not verbatim)

I almost forgot... all maybe not lost. You do work in film right? Maybe we (the 3 of us) can make a story and release it. Certainly, there is profit potential for that. IDK. Of course...do I want to be infamous? not sure on that one. And since JS story way more boring than what I am basically sure happened, not sure how he would feel about it either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jack Gets More Mail question 5 1,029 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Jack Stuef, part duex jurassic 0 368 01-05-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: jurassic
  Jack gave away the Blaze filmguy 6 860 12-18-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: admin
  Jenny Six Questions with Jack filmguy 8 1,036 12-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  Jack's email admin 5 806 12-13-2020, 07:53 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Jack's Real Story (How it could have ended) filmguy 33 3,148 12-12-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: monkeyking