Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTOTC chapter, "Bessie and Me"
02-09-2021, 10:43 AM,
TTOTC chapter, "Bessie and Me"
Question
How does the hypothetical new searcher looking to confirm Bisti Badlands, New Mexico as a possible location of Forrest’s hidden chest? How does the searcher discern that a possible answer to Forrest’s riddle, “tight focus with a word that is key,” is the word “I?”

Discussion
In the first sentence of the chapter titled, “Bessie and Me,” Forrest calls the Guernsey calf, “a beautiful fawn colored animal.” An animal that is known for “draught work” is a cow and can be described as a “beast of burden”. Animal = Beast. Bessie is a Beast.

If the word “I,” is the word that is key that Forrest was hinting at (“tight focus with a word that is key”), remembering that “I,” is another word for “Me,” (from chapter “Me in the Middle” string), then it can be constructed that the title of this chapter, (“Bessie and Me”), could read, “Bessie and I”. Although grammatically wrong it does not matter because the hypothetical searcher is using abstraction to gain new conceptual data points to formulate a vector (trail of breadcrumbs).

To answer the Questions in the first paragraph, consider the Hints:

Hint #1 Bessie and Me
Hint #2 Bessie and I
Hint #3 Bessie is a beast of burden (a milk cow)

Combining the above elements, we get:
Bessie – Beast – the word (or word “I” or the letter “i”)
Bessie + Beast + i = Bisti

This abstraction provides another conceptual data point to render the word “I” is a word that is key in Forrest’s riddle, “tight focus with a word that is key.” In this case “I,” is set to equal the letter, “i”.

Abstraction allows the hypothetical new searcher to create conceptual data points (breadcrumbs), for an answer to Forrest’s riddle; “tight focus with a word that is key”. Three data points so far:

1. The “Bisti question for your brain string” shows “I,” and “Eye,” and New Mexico.

2. TTOTC chapter titled, “Me in the middle” string shows that the word “I” is another conceptual data point (bread crumb).

3. This string titled, “TTOTC chapter, “Bessie and Me,” utilizing, “I,” and “i,” to render another conceptual data along with Bisti Badlands, New Mexico again.

Skepticism should be maintained to keep confirmation bias in check. These three items are only conceptual data points, more will follow. How many conceptual data points are necessary to provide a trail of breadcrumbs that will inspire the hypothetical searcher with ambition to make a trip?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TTOTC chapter, “Me in the Middle” trueyeti 2 1,275 02-03-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  Each Chapter in TTOTC Hammertime 6 2,830 08-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Themes for each Chapter (TTOTC) filmguy 0 1,262 03-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  My Book Preview: Preface and Chapter 1 Iron Will 9 5,014 09-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Iron Will
  The first chapter djjmciv 83 27,796 03-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Project Why