Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurrecting the Chase
02-18-2021, 06:29 PM,
RE: Resurrecting the Chase
(02-18-2021, 05:49 PM)PL289 Wrote: ------------------------------
Oh! he slips the surly bonds of earth,
To dance the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Flings his eager craft through footless canyons of air
Tops the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where even eagles never flew...
Puts out his hand, to touch the face of God.

Still my favorite tagline and my favorite remembrance of Fenn, despite what he may or may not have done. Thanks for posting it one more time.
02-18-2021, 09:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 09:51 PM by filmguy.)
Just goes to show how much the Fenn Treasure Hunt sickness has gotten a hold of some people.
We are nearing one year after its been discovered and some people still think there is something to find.
Sad.
I feel for their family/loved ones that they rather spend time still doing this rather than with them.

Or those that would rather spend money trying to disprove Forrest/The Finder rather than an actual good cause and help people.
02-19-2021, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 01:52 AM by Beavertooth.)
(02-18-2021, 09:50 PM)filmguy Wrote: Just goes to show how much the Fenn Treasure Hunt sickness has gotten a hold of some people.
We are nearing one year after its been discovered and some people still think there is something to find.
Sad.
I feel for their family/loved ones that they rather spend time still doing this rather than with them.

Or those that would rather spend money trying to disprove Forrest/The Finder rather than an actual good cause and help people.

Filmguy, has been banned permanently. Better late than never. He always had his own version of "Fenn Treasure Hunt sickness". Sad.
02-20-2021, 05:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2021, 06:22 PM by Becky from WV.)
@crazyfamily - In my opinion, you have so often twisted someone else's words & embellished them to say something other than what was actually said or implied. I NEVER stated that FF quickly created another chest nor did I mention what I think is in it. Your unfair & completely false criticism of me does NOT in any way encourage me to continue with my posts. Personally, I do NOT care what you think of me or what you say about me on this forum. I believe it is extremely childish & reckless to negate any theories until you have obtained the complete picture.

Perhaps surprisingly to you, there are many facts in addition to my presumed ramblings. I have thousands & thousands of emails from my buddy FF ... whether you believe it or NOT. Maybe other searchers do too. As you know by now, I was the editor for his scrapbooks & even wrote several of them myself when FF asked me to do so. I have knowledge of the changes that were made to mislead searchers & the real names & places that were kept secret.

FF often asked me to post inconsistencies & things that would detract from certain discussions. Some would have been harmful so I refused. FF would be upset with me for a while, but he NEVER stayed angry. I do NOT intend to share any of that here because it is NOT for public knowledge, & I may have need of it myself someday.

FF liked to discuss other searchers motives & their personal info with me, so he would forward many emails. He always seemed offended when I would deny any interest in them. I simply did NOT care what Stephanie's husband Jeff wrote about her & what problems they were having. He very much enjoyed the cat fights among Stephanie (S, as he & Dal called her) & Mindy & Marti (Diggin Gypsy).

I would ignore a lot of his stuff for as long as I could, but he NEVER forgot. He would remind me of what he had sent & ask for me to elaborate on it. Even Suzanne Somer's emails were forwarded to me for analysis. FF did NOT want to miss a word of that Sour Grapes business. He wanted me to copy each page & forward it to his paralegal to keep physical evidence in some sort of folder. Anyway those are just some examples of FF's involvement. There's lots more. Once again, crazyfamily, believe it or NOT, ... it's the truth.

@everyone - FF was NOT out to hurt anyone, ... he simply did NOT want his treasure found. I am NOT speaking of the treasure chest with which we are familiar. The one he hid in 2003, for his legacy, is the subject of my posts. I believe it was well hidden in CO, & that it corresponds to the vague poem clues. FF stated in TTOTC that he hoped he could make everything happen the way it's "supposed" to. Remember that?

I believe that the treasure chest that was "supposedly" found in WY, was NEVER hidden at all. I believe FF kept it in his possession & showed it to various visitors & friends as a way to prove its existence. Then at such time as he deemed "right", FF produced it as found.

I believe that the treasure that remains to this day hidden contains, NOT so much riches, but instead is filled with artifacts & a more personal history of the man & his life. The container could be anything like a time capsule. I have a really good idea of where it is, but NOTHING is for certain.

So please, everyone, feel free to disregard my statements. Just consider them nonsense, ... & assume I am simply deluded & deranged. But ask all the questions of me that you care to because I will try to answer them if I can ... with my limited knowledge.
02-20-2021, 06:38 PM,
Colorado is good, Becky.
02-21-2021, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 10:16 AM by trigace.)
Yes, Colorado is good. And so is the two chest theory. And the theory of a chest being still out there, hidden according to the directions of the poem.

I have found many hints in Fenn's posts given after it was "found" that indicate it is still out there and those that understand should keep searching.

For several months before it was "found" Fenn gave many hints that apply to the specific final search area. No one has closely searched that area other than me, at least not in the last 5 or 6 years when I first started to search there.

There is no way that anyone could find the poem TC by just figuring out where Fenn wanted to die. Nor do I believe that Jack even figured out where Fenn wanted to die, unless it was where the 2nd chest was hidden and Forrest told him where it was.

Jack's description of the "find" area does not fit the real TC location. Fenn said long ago that the TC was hidden where he could "see" (inferring they were in the distance) trees, mountains, and animals. He could smell pinon pines and sagebrush. This doesn't fit the description of Jack laying down beneath those "towering pines" at Fenn's special place in a serene forest in the wilds of the Cowboy State. And the real site is not really "pristine" as Jack claims.
02-21-2021, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 11:50 AM by crazyfamily.)
Resurrecting the Chase
(02-21-2021, 10:15 AM)trigace Wrote: I have found many hints in Fenn's posts given after it was "found" that indicate it is still out there and those that understand should keep searching.

Forrest was largely silent after the chest was found. Please point to the posts and hints that indicate that anyone should keep searching. Or, posed as a question, which posts contain hints that we should keep searching?
02-21-2021, 12:50 PM,
(02-20-2021, 05:56 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: . But ask all the questions of me that you care to because I will try to answer them if I can ... with my limited knowledge.

Becky,

I have thought that at least two of the scrapbooks related to emails I sent to Forrest (described below). Any chance that is true?

First, I mentioned to him that I had hurt my ankle in an early attempt to search within Yellowstone on the first day of opening one Spring. Unbeknownst to me, not all the snow had melted, especially on "groomed" (ie, compacted) cross-country ski trails which I followed to my target area that year. I broke through the crust of snow on the trail and fell in far enough to hurt my ankle badly (took a year to heal when I didn't go to a doctor). He later came out with the story of his three ducks, including "Tail End Charlie", who limped.

Second, in late October 2019, I sent him an email about a quick-turnaround second trip I took to Yellowstone after seeing something on a long-range photograph my wife took on the first trip. I flew back during a break in the weather before Yellowstone closed. Both trips were to the Midway Bluff area of Yellowstone. In early or mid-November he published a story about being stationed at an airfield in North Africa where the officers got stranded in the Officer's Club during sandstorms, and they played poker. The punchline of his story was that it was not a good idea to "bluff twice" in the poker game.

I would love to know if these were related to the scrapbooks.
02-21-2021, 03:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2021, 04:18 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Beavertooth - I remember that the 3 ducks did NOT actually have names. He simply called them One, Two, & Three. Tail End Charlie was a name FF made up for his story.

I do NOT know for sure that FF created stories based on emails from searchers, but now that you've brought it to my attention, I'll bet that's exactly what he did. Often FF would only give me an idea or a topic sentence & wanted to see what I could come up with. We would email back & forth many times until we agreed on the changes & the story fit whatever he had imagined.

I did NOT keep copies of FF scrapbook entries at Dal's so I have no way to access them. I cannot seem to recall the "bluff" story.

Let me tell you what happened yesterday RIGHT AFTER my post. My computer suddenly went haywire. The screen went black & refused to allow me access. Finally it came back to life, ... but NOW it will NOT allow me to copy or cut & paste anything. Do you think perhaps FF has found a way to censor me?

So, even though I cannot post the actual emails, I can type what was said about the duck story ... Observing Nature.

From FF:
#1 Becky. You may not like this. If you don't after looking at the photos, just say so and I'll scrub it. Thanks for helping me.

(Then back & forth emailing with several additions & subtractions & word changes.)

From FF:
#2 I combined our edits and added some. What do you think now? Do you really not like the poem at the beginning? I thought it set the scene for what follows. f

(Story accepted.)
02-22-2021, 01:37 AM,
(02-21-2021, 03:51 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: Let me tell you what happened yesterday RIGHT AFTER my post. My computer suddenly went haywire. The screen went black & refused to allow me access. Finally it came back to life, ... but NOW it will NOT allow me to copy or cut & paste anything. Do you think perhaps FF has found a way to censor me?

Becky, thanks for the response!

Not sure about the censorship. Smile Try booting in SAFE mode if you can in order to isolate any problems being caused by extraneous programs. Run your virus checking program (but update it to current levels first).

I think I can email you the scrapbook files from dal's site if you want. Send me your email address in a PM. If you want to protect your privacy, I could email them to Stephanie and have her send them on to you. It might take me a little while -- they are on my computer that blew up during a storm, but I think I can get them by transferring the hard disk to my current computer (something I need to do anyway).