Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurrecting the Chase
02-22-2021, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 11:52 AM by crazyfamily.)
Resurrecting the Chase
@beavertooth, I don’t think you need anyone to confirm your suspicions that Forrest based scrapbooks on searcher emails. If people cared enough to listen to these stories and put their biases aside, they would know that it’s exactly what he did. I’m just thankful that we noticed it early enough to enjoy them. Forrest said that the scrapbooks were for entertainment and we couldn’t wait for each new scrapbook to see what came next!

Remember the Lost My Spot scrapbook? He said if anyone could tell him where his spot was he would tell them something he hadn’t told anyone. I sent him my analysis of where he was(his lost spot) and Forrest told me “nice brown.” I think I could argue that was misleading a searcher, but there’s always wiggle room in his comments and it heavily depends on the searcher misinterpreting what was actually said. Unless, of course, Forrest was actually being misleading. What was the benefit of being misleading? Just a cat and mouse game? Perhaps. For us the result was the Winds of Change scrapbook.

In the spirit of conversation, I just want to say that, to my knowledge, the only evidence in the theory that there was another chest is Forrest’s comment that he worked on the poem for 15 years and then he hid the chest. Some assume that indicates that he hid the treasure in 2003. Others assume that he wasn’t working on the poem for 15 straight years, but instead worked on it occasionally for a total of about 15 years. Often, this was the whole point of what Forrest was saying when he said things like “we don’t know what our words mean.” When Jack said he searched for 25 days did he mean that he lived there for 25 days and searched every day straight? No, of course not, but it doesn’t stop people from thinking this is what he said.
02-22-2021, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 01:19 PM by Becky from WV.)
RE: Resurrecting the Chase
@beavertooth - I'd love to have the scrapbook entries. I wish Dal had left his site up because I used it a lot for analyzing & referencing to things I had forgotten. My email address is certainly no secret ...
the-beck-inator@hotmail.com ... nor my phone # 304-375-2116. It's all public info.

I know for certain (well, almost certain) that FF had a lot of his stories written ahead of time because he would often send me 3 or 4 or 5 per day. Some stories were complete nonsense & we agreed to discard them (scrub them, as FF used to say). FF had a tough time with proper grammar & arranging info in correct order. I usually needed to rearrange his sentences & paragraphs in order to make the story flow from beginning to end. FF used to call me his "comma, but" girl ... because I was always adding a comma before each of his buts.

When FF's designers asked to publish some of the scrapbooks, they wanted a friend of theirs to edit them. He told them that I had already done that & that he wanted the stories left alone. He wanted MY name on the book as editor. That is NOT what I wanted. I explained (& he agreed), that as a searcher, it would seem inappropriate to many. I know the truth & he knew the truth, so who else cares whose name is on the editorship of Once Upon a While? Shortly after the book was published, FF did NOT like some of the changes the designers had made, & pleaded with me to fix some of the errors & help redo the arrangement of the stories for the 2nd printing. I refused. I simply did NOT want to get involved in some disagreement with the designers. FF restated that the editor was only a friend of theirs who wanted a job, & did a poor one at that. FF was NOT happy with the outcome.

@crazyfamily - You've made some great points. I remember that FF also said that he hid the treasure BEFORE he wrote the poem, & yes, many times he stated that the treasure was hidden 15 years AFTER he got cancer. He made quite a few fumbles along the way, like the fact that he carried the treasure FIRST, then went back to his car for the chest. However, in the logging video he made for Dal, FF stated definitely that the reverse was true ... chest carried first, then treasure. When I asked him about it, FF said it was a long time ago & due to his senility, he couldn't rightly remember. What a bunch of bull, huh!

I believe the title for the Lost My Spot scrapbook began as Eight Pound Rainbow. Is it Scrapbook #124? If so, that story was almost completely concocted by FF. Even the pictures were changed. The whole thing was almost as difficult to rework & straighten out as More than a Pig. Complete crap! All made up ... names too.

About that same time, FF sent me pictures of a different treasure chest. Did he also post it for everyone? I cannot seem to remember. His description: "It was a 17th century wooden treasure chest with wrought iron trappings filled with 850 Sacajawea & presidential dollar coins that were struck at the Philadelphia mint. Commercial value - about $3,500, but intrinsic value - priceless."

You're correct, crazyfamily, that I have NO proof that FF hid a treasure prior to the one we all know. But I truly believe he did ... based on a few of his remarks, his stumblings, & his character. Perhaps it was simply a trial run to test the waters with his toe. He was always just so sure of himself & the Chase. If you or any other searchers can fit all the pieces together to get a different, more believable outcome, I'd like to analyze it.

There are so many oddities that stand out to me about the Chase. FF claimed to have had basically NO other pictures of the chest or the treasure within it. Strange to me. At times he possibly could NOT remember the contents. IOU or no IOU? He fumbled the hiding & the number of years from his cancer. The description of the location seemed faulty to me.

FF told me that the blaze could be clearly seem from Google Earth. Can it be seen at the supposed location in WY? He also stated that there is only ONE way to access the location, that he knew of. Remember that? Precisely, PRECISELY follow the clues in the poem! That's the ONLY way to find his treasure. NO ONE can STUMBLE over it! I believe that was as true when FF said it as it is now.

I intend to do some more backtracking through FF's statements, his stories, his answers to searchers' questions, & my emails. I do NOT care about the treasure as far as riches go. I'm ONLY after the truth. There are way too many secrets concerning the Chase, FF's life, & most definitely his death. I'm ready, willing, & able to spend the next few years searching for answers to the previous ones that I have spent on FF & the Chase. I hope everyone is of a like mind on this endeavor.
02-22-2021, 02:27 PM,
I came to the conclusion that Mr F wasn't as clever as we thought.

The poem wasn't much good and neither was the book or the scrapbooks.

Likewise, there is no hidden meaning in anything he said that suggests there is still a treasure out there. We don't even know if there ever was a treasure to be found. Frankly, no one can prove that anything he ever said had some hidden meaning like is suggested here.
02-22-2021, 04:27 PM,
(02-22-2021, 02:27 PM)dude here Wrote: I came to the conclusion that Mr F wasn't as clever as we thought.

The poem wasn't much good and neither was the book or the scrapbooks.

Likewise, there is no hidden meaning in anything he said that suggests there is still a treasure out there. We don't even know if there ever was a treasure to be found. Frankly, no one can prove that anything he ever said had some hidden meaning like is suggested here.

And yet you are still here posting. Why?

I don't understand the psychology of someone who sticks around, but has no "faith", or is an "unbeliever", or lacks any further curiosity about the subject. I am not denigrating your position, I just don't understand it. Why not let folks alone who do want to pursue things a little more? Or are you here to "save" us from ourselves?
02-22-2021, 04:44 PM,
(02-21-2021, 10:45 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 10:15 AM)trigace Wrote: I have found many hints in Fenn's posts given after it was "found" that indicate it is still out there and those that understand should keep searching.

Forrest was largely silent after the chest was found. Please point to the posts and hints that indicate that anyone should keep searching. Or, posed as a question, which posts contain hints that we should keep searching?

Ok. You asked for it....

On June 6, 2020 in the "Found" announcement, Fenn said, "I....hope they (people) will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries." On it's face this just tells us to search for other things. But if there is really a 2nd TC still out there, for those who understand, they should continue to "draw" (the end is ever drawing nigh) the lines necessary to find other discoveries. He promises "other" discoveries. You must draw many lines to solve the last clues.

He also says to "Look for more information." This says he will be giving more hints and there's a hint in this statement. When you draw the lines at the end of the search area they actually form a series of 4's parallel to each other, or in a formation. Thus, "Look 4 more (more 4's) information (in a formation.)" He's confirming that there are more 4's in the formation.

On July 22, 2020 Fenn said "the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers." The pond across which you must draw many lines has three "important" shores (tre-a-shores = treasures). The real finder must stand under (he understands) two of these shores on the "C" that forms the "low" shore. C-low-sure = closure. "for many searchers" = 4 many (many 4's) searchers.

On Oct. 1,2020 "The Squirt" came out, but the bulk of it was written by Forrest before he died. He talked about using his garden hose in front of his Dude Motel on Boundary Street to water down the dusty road. He began at the corner near his "big sign." The hose had low pressure so by the time he had watered most of the road it was already dry back by the sign.

In the my final search area there is a sprinkler line (his hose) that is inside a long boundary fence (Boundary Street. Also referred to as Borders in Important Literature). You must draw parts of two signs inside this fenced area. The signs are a # (pound) sign and a $ (dollar) sign. At the far right side of the sprinkler line there is a road that follows the outer edge of the sprinkled area and makes a right turn at the highest elevation of the sprinklered area, which is therefore at the lowest pressure of the sprinklers. This correlates to the low pressure of Fenn's hose near the big sign and along the road.

There are many other smaller hints in all these Fenn statements.

Fenn inferred in his May 2020 post about his TOE TO TOE contest that we should submit our answers to the contest, or finish solving the the chase, before the end of May 26th at midnight. The "find announcement" was made just a few days later.
02-22-2021, 05:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 05:12 PM by Becky from WV.)
@dude here - I think FF was VERY clever. But more than that, he was in control of the Chase ... & therefore in control of us searchers. So I guess I disagree with your assessment. You stated that the "poem wasn't much good and neither was the book or the scrapbooks." Do you mean NOT good helps for locating the treasure, ... or as quality reading material?

You're probably correct about there being NO hidden meaning in FF's statements & info. But there could be another explanation of some of his stuff. I may find something if I review everything with a more open mind than I had before & re-arrange my thinking a bit.

Faith & belief are strange things. I have faith that there is a God & heaven of some sort waiting where I will be reunited with my pets & loved ones. But I have NO proof. I only have HOPE. That's what I have in FF's Chase. I hope that, even though he was NOT always an honorable man, his intentions were selfish enough that a treasure existed. My belief has been strengthened by the knowledge of his character & his arrogance.
He was NOT the type of guy to leave this world without evidence of his being here for generations to come. At least that's my take on it.

I'd much rather err, dude here, on the side of trying to find answers & failing to ... than to assume there are NO answers & leave them undiscovered. It has taken me several months to forgive FF for his decisions, but thankfully now I have made peace with everything.

I'm curious. Do you believe FF's treasure chest was found, actually found, in WY? Do you believe it was found by that Jack Stuef person? How do you explain that whole mess?
02-22-2021, 05:51 PM,
Plenty of account names will assure everyone that everything was as FF said, just because FF said it: Jack finding the treasure, it being found in Wyoming...
They are Chase bots.
02-22-2021, 06:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 10:50 PM by crazyfamily.)
Resurrecting the Chase
(02-22-2021, 04:44 PM)trigace Wrote: Ok. You asked for it....

On June 6, 2020 in the "Found" announcement, Fenn said, "I....hope they (people) will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries." On it's face this just tells us to search for other things. But if there is really a 2nd TC still out there, for those who understand, they should continue to "draw" (the end is ever drawing nigh) the lines necessary to find other discoveries. He promises "other" discoveries. You must draw many lines to solve the last clues.

Just because we don’t like the way Jack claims to have found Forrest’s treasure doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Forrest always inscribed his TTOTC book with “never stop searching.” I don’t believe you can extrapolate from comments like that he meant there were two chests.
02-22-2021, 07:09 PM,
(02-22-2021, 06:42 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Just because we don’t like shit doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. These days, people can justify anything, call everything a hoax, and blame others for it. It has become America’s favorite pastime.

Please move this stuff to the Therapy Room. This is Becky's thread. Please respect that and don't load it up with political commentary.
02-23-2021, 12:00 AM,
Resurrecting the Chase
@becky,

Forrest buried a bunch of bronze jars with his miniature 20,000 word autobiography in them. He said he buried them deep enough that a metal detector couldn’t find them. Does that not satisfy some decent level of evidence that he was here?