Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurrecting the Chase
02-23-2021, 04:32 PM,
RE: Resurrecting the Chase
That's sad. I'm sure he does know.
Thanks for the response.
02-23-2021, 05:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 05:05 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Stephanie - Listen, LISTEN! Jack also wrote that FF "never wrote up an inventory of what was in the chest at the time he secreted it" ... Jack's words - NOT mine. Duh! Whaaaat? If FF did NOT have a list of the contents, then how was he forever telling us what it contained? Again, how was Jack aware of the "missing" items? Jack stated that FF told us those items were in the chest. I remember the mention of the emerald ring, but NOT the gold frog necklace.

So, in other words, Jack finds FF's treasure chest filled with $$$ & riches, takes it to FF, ... then asks FF for more stuff. NOT believable to me.

I need to watch that video a few more times before I post too much more about Jack Stuef. I do NOT want to mistakenly assume the worst.

@Copper - Please forgive this question, ... but are you a female?
02-23-2021, 05:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 05:51 PM by trueyeti.)
(02-17-2021, 11:58 AM)LeadSolver Wrote: Nice deduction line there. I'm getting rather frustrated that so many believe it's still out there. We haven't had a direct promise from anyone that it is. We all saw a meeting that happened over 8 months ago that appeared to be a dirty chest and rusty contents getting counted and put in a bank vault. We must break delusion.

This string is enlightening with conjecture and theory, I add mine...The treasure was found and there is another one to be found, but it is not a shinny box. The new treasure is the answers that are still sought after.

Forrest's line in his Poem, "the answers I already know," are the answers that we are left seeking after ourselves. Once known, they will be known. The answers are the treasure we are now seeking. Even if there were another chest it is irrelevant as the new finder would also not reveal their solve. As I've said before, Forrest leaves it up to us. The answers are the new treasure. People who cannot see past their phantoms are haunted. It is human nature to become lost in conjecture and is part of the grieving process. Roller coaster.
02-23-2021, 07:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 07:20 PM by Copper.)
(02-23-2021, 05:03 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Stephanie - Listen, LISTEN! Jack also wrote that FF "never wrote up an inventory of what was in the chest at the time he secreted it" ... Jack's words - NOT mine. Duh! Whaaaat? If FF did NOT have a list of the contents, then how was he forever telling us what it contained? Again, how was Jack aware of the "missing" items? Jack stated that FF told us those items were in the chest. I remember the mention of the emerald ring, but NOT the gold frog necklace.

So, in other words, Jack finds FF's treasure chest filled with $$$ & riches, takes it to FF, ... then asks FF for more stuff. NOT believable to me.

I need to watch that video a few more times before I post too much more about Jack Stuef. I do NOT want to mistakenly assume the worst.

@Copper - Please forgive this question, ... but are you a female?

Yes Maham.

If you'd like to learn more about the "finder" google his name and look at the archives online on what he's written about for "The Cut."

Some of it is cringe worthy....and probably why he thought it better to remain anonymous.
02-23-2021, 08:31 PM,
(02-23-2021, 01:25 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: Also as I've said before & keep repeating, FF assured me that the blaze could be clearly seen from Google Earth. In my solve, the blaze is an aerial view of Pinkerton Hot Springs just outside of Durango, CO. That same hot springs was/is also my wwwh ... both beginning & end of the poem clues.

What were your true feelings or thinkings, Beavertooth, about FF? Are they still NOW the same as they were when he was alive?

I always viewed the Google Earth comment as a trick. A few people are aware that Google Earth also had/has star maps. Some of my solve thinking is related to stars. Interestingly, he asked dal to change a picture from a Ford Galaxie to the blue truck in one of the Scrapbooks that was posted. I think Ford and Galaxie were too close to his solve. The Milky Way could easily be the blaze, and also the canyon down (in one "layer" of the poem).

Also the Northern Cross asterism is important I think, based on several Vignettes/Scrapbooks dealing with crosses, including one cross with hiding spaces inside. The central star of the Northern Cross is called Sadr, which means "the chest". It is the chest of the swan in the constellation Cygnus, which looks kind of like the peace symbol ("go in peace"). The Northern Cross is also contained inside another asterism called the Summer Triangle, or, more importantly, the Navigator's Triangle. Asterism reminds me of asterisk, as in TTOTC. They also remind me of aster flowers, including daisies. Also Daisy rifle, Daisy in The Great Gatsby, Daisy Geyser. etc. Aster means "star" of course in Latin.

Psychology 101 indicates that what we experience when we are about the age of ten forms the bulk of our personality and outlook later in life. In Forrest's case, he spent summers in Yellowstone around that age. The stars had to be extremely interesting and important to a ten-year-old. His dad was an educator, so it is likely that Forrest was required to study the constellations and asterisms when he was growing up. If he was able to navigate by the stars, it may have helped him get into pilot training in the military, given that he did not have a college degree. If it did help him, it would have been even more important in his life image. It is worth noting the John Charles "whatever" is probably John Charles Duncan, who wrote the definitive textbook on astronomy that was used from the mid-1920's to the mid 1950's. If he was required to study it, I am sure he thought the author was a "bully". Smile There are also hints about yo-yo's in TTOTC, which could lead to Duncan, and "around the world" rotation.

The geysers also would have been important to someone spending summers in Yellowstone. There are "geyser gazers" and "stargazers". I think he was both, and I think that marvel gaze takes both into account (in different layers of the solution).

You asked what I thought about him. Until I read your info, I always thought he was a marvelous wordsmith, and I admired him for that. Now that I know you had to help him with Scrapbooks, etc., I am saddened by that knowledge, but it is what it is. It suggests that someone (Doug Preston?) helped him write TTOTC, and probably his other non-chase books as well (although in those cases he may have had regular editors doing the grunt work).

I am willing to cut him some slack on the ending, which ended poorly as we all know. I believe the pandemic pushed him over the edge in justifying why he could "honorably" end the chase before he died, although the pandemic was not his real motivation IMO, just his justification.

The few deaths previously experienced in the chase, while tragic, did not really exceed what happens in daily life (car accidents, sports, mountain climbing, boating, water skiing, fishing, hiking, zoo visits, etc, etc). So he had previously concluded that people are responsible for their own actions -- kind of the American spirit, if you will. Because of that, he could not justify ending the chase due to those instances.

However, I believe that he wanted the chest found before he died, so that his family would not be an ongoing victim of it. When the pandemic came along, he found his justification -- letting thousands of careless people (obviously excluding present company) from out-of-state travel to the four states to possibly infect and kill the inhabitants, or the searchers, or people along the traveling route, would make the chase a super-spreader event. He could now justify ending the chase ASAP in his mind, and he found a way to do it, without getting his estate sued forever.

Perhaps he just encouraged someone who was looking in the general area, and who may not want to admit he was encouraged by Forest (for a lot of reasons). Perhaps....

I don't really know. But I am not mad about it. The chase needed to end. I simply would like to know what Forrest thought the clues were and what the solution really was, if there was one. That's why I am hoping that you have "insider" insights to offer as we discuss various aspects.
02-23-2021, 09:15 PM,
I have taken Beavertooth’s last post and formulated it a bit:

BT:
Also as I've said before & keep repeating, FF assured me that the blaze could be clearly seen from Google Earth. In my solve, the blaze is an aerial view of Pinkerton Hot Springs just outside of Durango, CO. That same hot springs was/is also my wwwh ... both beginning & end of the poem clues.

trueyeti:
Do you remember the grove of juniper trees in my solve? They form the clear and consice shape of an arrow and is visible from google maps?

BT:
I always viewed the Google Earth comment as a trick. A few people are aware that Google Earth also had/has star maps. Some of my solve thinking is related to stars. Interestingly, he asked dal to change a picture from a Ford Galaxie to the blue truck in one of the Scrapbooks that was posted. I think Ford and Galaxie were too close to his solve. The Milky Way could easily be the blaze, and also the canyon down (in one "layer" of the poem).

trueyeti:
I agree that the Poem is layered.

BT:
Also the Northern Cross asterism is important I think, based on several Vignettes/Scrapbooks dealing with crosses, including one cross with hiding spaces inside. The central star of the Northern Cross is called Sadr, which means "the chest". It is the chest of the swan in the constellation Cygnus, which looks kind of like the peace symbol ("go in peace"). The Northern Cross is also contained inside another asterism called the Summer Triangle, or, more importantly, the Navigator's Triangle. Asterism reminds me of asterisk, as in TTOTC. They also remind me of aster flowers, including daisies. Also Daisy rifle, Daisy in The Great Gatsby, Daisy Geyser. etc. Aster means "star" of course in Latin.

trueyeti:
The asterism of the Cassiopeia constellation is the equivalent of the double omega. The Golden, "W" on the frog's eye remember?

BT:
Psychology 101 indicates that what we experience when we are about the age of ten forms the bulk of our personality and outlook later in life. In Forrest's case, he spent summers in Yellowstone around that age. The stars had to be extremely interesting and important to a ten-year-old. His dad was an educator, so it is likely that Forrest was required to study the constellations and asterisms when he was growing up. If he was able to navigate by the stars, it may have helped him get into pilot training in the military, given that he did not have a college degree. If it did help him, it would have been even more important in his life image. It is worth noting the John Charles "whatever" is probably John Charles Duncan, who wrote the definitive textbook on astronomy that was used from the mid-1920's to the mid 1950's. If he was required to study it, I am sure he thought the author was a "bully". Smile There are also hints about yo-yo's in TTOTC, which could lead to Duncan, and "around the world" rotation.

trueyeti:
The ten-year-old boy was rediscovered after the war for Forrest I believe. I think it happened out at Bisti.

BT:
The geysers also would have been important to someone spending summers in Yellowstone. There are "geyser gazers" and "stargazers". I think he was both, and I think that marvel gaze takes both into account (in different layers of the solution).

trueyeti:
Gazing at the heavens in his drawings connects him with the eternity of the heavens and is part of what TTOTC is all about IMO. Understanding this connects us to eternity too. Perhaps this is one of the answers to "the answers I already know."

BT:
You asked what I thought about him. Until I read your info, I always thought he was a marvelous wordsmith, and I admired him for that. Now that I know you had to help him with Scrapbooks, etc., I am saddened by that knowledge, but it is what it is. It suggests that someone (Doug Preston?) helped him write TTOTC, and probably his other non-chase books as well (although in those cases he may have had regular editors doing the grunt work).

trueyeti:
The mark of a wise man and even a hero is knowing when to ask for help.

BT:
I am willing to cut him some slack on the ending, which ended poorly as we all know. I believe the pandemic pushed him over the edge in justifying why he could "honorably" end the chase before he died, although the pandemic was not his real motivation IMO, just his justification.

trueyeti:
IMO the chase ended as part of the way he had planned it to.

BT:
However, I believe that he wanted the chest found before he died, so that his family would not be an ongoing victim of it. When the pandemic came along, he found his justification -- letting thousands of careless people (obviously excluding present company) from out-of-state travel to the four states to possibly infect and kill the inhabitants, or the searchers, or people along the traveling route, would make the chase a super-spreader event. He could now justify ending the chase ASAP in his mind, and he found a way to do it, without getting his estate sued forever.

trueyeti:
Interesting conjecture...

BT:
Perhaps he just encouraged someone who was looking in the general area, and who may not want to admit he was encouraged by Forest (for a lot of reasons). Perhaps....

I don't really know. But I am not mad about it. The chase needed to end. I simply would like to know what Forrest thought the clues were and what the solution really was, if there was one. That's why I am hoping that you have "insider" insights to offer as we discuss various aspects.

trueyeti:
Various aspects: Please answer a question for me and for the community: Do you think that the drawing of the stumps in the field and the bird in the moon are a clue? If so, what do you think it is saying? I ask this to Becky, and Beavertooth and everyone else too.
02-23-2021, 09:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 09:57 PM by crazyfamily.)
Resurrecting the Chase
Forrest adored the forest. Cutting the trees to see the moon is sacrilege.

Forrest planted hundreds of trees on his property and when they died he planted 200 hundred pine saplings...so the story goes.
02-23-2021, 09:50 PM,
@Copper - You mean are they a hint, NOT a clue. Hints are in the book, clues are in the poem. No, Copper, I do NOT believe that drawing was a hint. At least it was NOT part of my solve.

Didn't FF have that drawing with his story about arguing with the newspaper business owner? FF was attempting to coerce the owner into NOT printing what he deemed unimportant sections of the newspaper in order to save the lives of trees. If I'm NOT mistaken, that drawing accompanied the story. It illustrates the need for conservation so that wild animals can remain safely in their environments.

That's my take on it. Actually, as it turns out, FF did STUMP us all.
02-23-2021, 11:58 PM,
The chase is over. But it was done dishonestly to all of us (searchers). We all have a right to know the solution. Especially families of those who died trying to find it.
02-24-2021, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 12:59 AM by Beavertooth.)
(02-23-2021, 09:15 PM)trueyeti Wrote: trueyeti:
Various aspects: Please answer a question for me and for the community: Do you think that the drawing of the stumps in the field and the bird in the moon are a clue? If so, what do you think it is saying? I ask this to Becky, and Beavertooth and everyone else too.

For my astronomy-related ideas, the stumps represent novas and supernovas, essentially stars that have died out. Tycho Brahe and Johannes Kepler became famous for studying and interpreting two key supernova events. The Crab Nebula is also a famous remnant of a supernova -- there is an embroidery on Forrest's pant leg as he sits or stands next to his plane in TTOTC that looks like the Crab Nebula. There is a pictograph of another famous supernova in Chaco Canyon, New Mexico.

Tycho Brahe was famous for losing his nose in a duel and "melding" a brass nose to his face. TTOTC and Scrapbooks have hints about melding dissimilar materials. Also, Canasta involves melding.

Key craters on the moon are visible to the naked eye. As a kid, Forrest would have stared up at them during summer nights in Yellowstone, as well as in Texas. Tycho Crater, Kepler Crater, Copernicus Crater, and Archimedes Crater are of particular note to me. Craters have coordinates similar to latitude and longitude on earth, and a combination of those coordinates and/or a map drawing creating an "X" may be transposable to earth coordinates in some way.

My WWWH is at the top of Kepler Cascades (a secret weir ("where") that provides water to the Old Faithful area in Yellowstone). Most of the lines in the poem can be tied to Kepler in some way. For example, Kepler discovered that tides were caused by the moon's gravity before gravity was discovered later on. This leads to "I give you title to the gold." representing "I give you tidal to the gold." if you are listening good, but not well.

I forgot to mention that two of the three corner stars of the Navigator's Triangle (Summer Triangle) asterism are associated with an extremely famous Chinese folk tale about the Weaver Girl and the Cowherd, including the creation of a magpie bridge once a year connecting these two stars. I believe the Scrapbook about Forrest's dolls Embroidery and Chaos represent this folk tale. Chaos looks like a cowherd, with some imagination. Forrest wrote about magpies and pies and pi and also mirrors. Magpies are famous for their relationship to mirrors. Kepler is famous for his work with optics and mirrors and telescopes and eyeglasses, and a lot more that I have posted on previously.