Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurrecting the Chase
02-23-2021, 02:07 AM,
RE: Resurrecting the Chase
@crazyfamily - Yes, for a normal person. But FF wanted to be remembered long after he was gone. Like the so-called finder Jack Stuef wrote about FF: His purpose was NOT to create a great puzzle & show everyone how smart & slick he was. His purpose was this weird idea to entomb himself. And to create an historic legend.

Tony Dokoupil, the first actual reporter to nationally cover the story, said that FF was desperate to get the story out & that he practically begged Tony to come see him. FF wanted notoriety. I believe TTOTC was written & the treasure hidden (or NOT) to promote FF. I once asked him why he waited 3 years to market the Chase, & he answered that he did NOT realize that it would NOT take off on its own.

I believe it was extremely important to FF that people know about & remember him. Even though he hobnobbed with celebrities & other well-know folks, FF was NOT truly one of them. He did NOT fit, & therefore was insecure & uncomfortable. The disadvantage of poor hearing also worked against him. He wrote to me about get-togethers at Suzanne Somers' & Doug Preston's where he preferred to sit in a corner away from everyone else.

I believe that's what FF meant when he wrote about dirt & the Caliph. He was still that good ol' boy from Texas trying to make a name for himself. It was easy for him to function around regular people like me because he didn't need to leave his comfort zone. I doubt if it's easy to become a somebody when you really aren't.

But FF was a somebody with us searchers. He found a way to promote himself & become "King of the Hill". If FF did NOT commit suicide, then he died at a most unfortunate time to preserve the Chase. Too many questions have been left unanswered, as we all know. Sadly, today I reviewed my emails from late June. Nearly every single one had some mention of more to come & for me to just be patient a little longer. Several thanked me for being his friend all these years.

FF seemed to be waiting for the blogs to shut down & for the searchers to go back to their lives. It's almost like he planned to start over. Said he'd NO longer have reading material so he'd have to entertain himself by reading the yellow pages.

I do NOT understand why more searchers are NOT posting their info & discussions with FF. Perhaps together we could stop assuming things & figure out some concrete solutions. Where are all the other buddies ... like Stephanie & Mindy & Cynthia & Dal & Kpro & whoever else he spoke with regularly?

If the one & only treasure has been found, why all the hush-hush & the secrecy? I still to this day do NOT even know how my friend died or what happened to his body? I think that's shameful!
02-23-2021, 03:27 AM,
(02-23-2021, 02:07 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @crazyfamily - Yes, for a normal person. But FF wanted to be remembered long after he was gone. Like the so-called finder Jack Stuef wrote about FF: His purpose was NOT to create a great puzzle & show everyone how smart & slick he was. His purpose was this weird idea to entomb himself. And to create an historic legend.

Tony Dokoupil, the first actual reporter to nationally cover the story, said that FF was desperate to get the story out & that he practically begged Tony to come see him. FF wanted notoriety. I believe TTOTC was written & the treasure hidden (or NOT) to promote FF. I once asked him why he waited 3 years to market the Chase, & he answered that he did NOT realize that it would NOT take off on its own.

I believe it was extremely important to FF that people know about & remember him. Even though he hobnobbed with celebrities & other well-know folks, FF was NOT truly one of them. He did NOT fit, & therefore was insecure & uncomfortable. The disadvantage of poor hearing also worked against him. He wrote to me about get-togethers at Suzanne Somers' & Doug Preston's where he preferred to sit in a corner away from everyone else.

I believe that's what FF meant when he wrote about dirt & the Caliph. He was still that good ol' boy from Texas trying to make a name for himself. It was easy for him to function around regular people like me because he didn't need to leave his comfort zone. I doubt if it's easy to become a somebody when you really aren't.

But FF was a somebody with us searchers. He found a way to promote himself & become "King of the Hill". If FF did NOT commit suicide, then he died at a most unfortunate time to preserve the Chase. Too many questions have been left unanswered, as we all know. Sadly, today I reviewed my emails from late June. Nearly every single one had some mention of more to come & for me to just be patient a little longer. Several thanked me for being his friend all these years.

FF seemed to be waiting for the blogs to shut down & for the searchers to go back to their lives. It's almost like he planned to start over. Said he'd NO longer have reading material so he'd have to entertain himself by reading the yellow pages.

I do NOT understand why more searchers are NOT posting their info & discussions with FF. Perhaps together we could stop assuming things & figure out some concrete solutions. Where are all the other buddies ... like Stephanie & Mindy & Cynthia & Dal & Kpro & whoever else he spoke with regularly?

If the one & only treasure has been found, why all the hush-hush & the secrecy? I still to this day do NOT even know how my friend died or what happened to his body? I think that's shameful!

I haven't read much of this thread...but just this post Becky. I find the conversation strange that he had with you about promotion....the first 3 years he was approached by journalists...big shows and he didn't want to do them. You can ask Dal about that if he remembers...but I remember thinking how thankful I was that he wasn't taking up these people about writing up his story. I remember once he did agree to working with the Today show and Tony that Dal and I were concerned about how crazy things would get. Doesn't matter..but just surprised he'd say that.
© Stephanie
02-23-2021, 09:22 AM,
OK, let's talk hard of hearing.

There are so many hints about it, it seems like it was part of the puzzle. From the start in TTOTC, where Peggy is holding a hammerhead shark (I know it doesn't look like one, but it is part of that family), the broken stirrup in Looking for Lewis and Clark, the anvil used by blacksmiths (the horseshoe formula), to all the hammer-related hints in the Scrapbooks (the hammer found at Stark's cabin and then misplaced, then found again, and then deliberately misplaced again (?), plus the deafness caused to White Swan by a hammer-blow, etc). The ear contains three small bones that are key to hearing -- the hammer, the stirrup, and the anvil -- the three smallest bones in the body.

Becky, I would be interested in whether your communications with Forrest might suggest how hearing loss may be related to a solve, or a second solve.
02-23-2021, 12:22 PM,
Resurrecting the Chase
(02-23-2021, 09:22 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: OK, let's talk hard of hearing.

There are so many hints about it, it seems like it was part of the puzzle. From the start in TTOTC, where Peggy is holding a hammerhead shark (I know it doesn't look like one, but it is part of that family), the broken stirrup in Looking for Lewis and Clark, the anvil used by blacksmiths (the horseshoe formula), to all the hammer-related hints in the Scrapbooks (the hammer found at Stark's cabin and then misplaced, then found again, and then deliberately misplaced again (?), plus the deafness caused to White Swan by a hammer-blow, etc). The ear contains three small bones that are key to hearing -- the hammer, the stirrup, and the anvil -- the three smallest bones in the body.

Becky, I would be interested in whether your communications with Forrest might suggest how hearing loss may be related to a solve, or a second solve.

Becky, did you notice any memory loss or did he stay sharp until end. I was curious if maybe that’s why the family pushed to end the chase. His death shortly after is certainly weird. The timing is just crazy.

Really interesting points about hearing Beavertooth. “Hear me all and listen good.” All of his references to the deaf and the blind must mean something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-23-2021, 01:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 01:39 PM by Becky from WV.)
@ Stephanie - Seriously? NO kiddin'? FF did NOT ever tell me anything about journalists. I assumed nobody really knew at that time ... or took it at face value. FF told me something like he had "hoped the story would evolve on its own". Marketing is my forte so I remember thinking that, being an obscure, wealthy, basically unknown individual, FF was hesitant to deal with all the notoriety, doubts, & criticism that comes with fame. I wish now that I had saved the emails that were of NO help in my solve, ... but I did NOT.

So, Stephanie, why do YOU think FF did NOT begin the Chase with a BANG? It should have been plastered worldwide & marketed as the greatest treasure hunt ever. By the time I heard about it in 2013, the news was reporting as if FF had just recently hidden his treasure. People began scrambling to purchase TTOTC.

You stated that it "doesn't matter". I believe everything matters. How & when did you meet FF for the first time? How did you know Dal?

@Beavertooth - I do NOT have any links from FF's lack of hearing to the treasure. I only know that he felt it put him at a disadvantage around other people. FF told me that every couple of years some experimental company would furnish him with new hearing aids. The ones he rec'd circa 2016, had 3 adjustable levels of sound acceptance ... one for crowded rooms, one for outside, & one for tv watching. After he got used to those, he was very pleased.

Shortly before he died, FF told me that his eyesight had become so bad that he could NO longer read books. That seemed to upset him a bit more than his loss of hearing. I then began to type my emails in really large, bold letters which helped him immensely.

As I explained once before, I had asked FF if he could hear the blaze. My thinking was that maybe the illusive blaze could be a train blaring its horn or maybe bells ringing. He replied that he could NOT hear much of anything anymore. I then asked him if I (me, Becky) could hear the blaze. FF replied that he did NOT know how good MY hearing is. At that point, I gave up.

Also as I've said before & keep repeating, FF assured me that the blaze could be clearly seen from Google Earth. In my solve, the blaze is an aerial view of Pinkerton Hot Springs just outside of Durango, CO. That same hot springs was/is also my wwwh ... both beginning & end of the poem clues.

I wish other searchers would comment about their conversations with FF. There must be people who know much more than I do. Truthfully, I never EVER met the man. I had NO desire to know him. Quite honestly, I doubt if I would have liked him. He just seemed somehow slimy. I do NOT believe I could EVER have trusted FF with anything of real importance to me. But that's a whole other issue.

What were your true feelings or thinkings, Beavertooth, about FF? Are they still NOW the same as they were when he was alive?

@Copper - At this time I need to do some of my chores, eat lunch, & pill one of my puppies, but I'll get back to you soon. I promise.
02-23-2021, 02:26 PM,
@Becky his comment to you about evolve on it's own...maybe he really didn't care how fast it would become known. I believe he liked the speed it was going...it gave him time to get used to it growing. I don't think he ever had any fear of it taking off and I actually remember Dal and I were very concerned and upset with Tony's article which was one of the first because it mentioned how Forrest had so many valuables in his home without an alarm or something like that. I also believe that the jar holds his secrets. I asked Jack about the jar since it's "unopened" and if he had already talked to Forrest about what's in the jar and he said yes. So I think he knows what secrets are in there, and that's why he's good with it being sealed for the winning bidder to unseal it. I personally believe it will say he was involved with the DB Cooper gig and good chance a lot of other organized crime(like his organized silverware drawer)...but who knows.

I also feel some other things about Forrest that I shouldn't post here and why Jack was in my belief the chosen one to get the chest from Forrest. I have no proof...just my own conspiracy theory with no facts.
© Stephanie
02-23-2021, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 03:11 PM by Copper.)
Resurrecting the Chase
(02-23-2021, 01:25 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @ Stephanie - Seriously? NO kiddin'? FF did NOT ever tell me anything about journalists. I assumed nobody really knew at that time ... or took it at face value. FF told me something like he had "hoped the story would evolve on its own". Marketing is my forte so I remember thinking that, being an obscure, wealthy, basically unknown individual, FF was hesitant to deal with all the notoriety, doubts, & criticism that comes with fame. I wish now that I had saved the emails that were of NO help in my solve, ... but I did NOT.

So, Stephanie, why do YOU think FF did NOT begin the Chase with a BANG? It should have been plastered worldwide & marketed as the greatest treasure hunt ever. By the time I heard about it in 2013, the news was reporting as if FF had just recently hidden his treasure. People began scrambling to purchase TTOTC.

You stated that it "doesn't matter". I believe everything matters. How & when did you meet FF for the first time? How did you know Dal?

@Beavertooth - I do NOT have any links from FF's lack of hearing to the treasure. I only know that he felt it put him at a disadvantage around other people. FF told me that every couple of years some experimental company would furnish him with new hearing aids. The ones he rec'd circa 2016, had 3 adjustable levels of sound acceptance ... one for crowded rooms, one for outside, & one for tv watching. After he got used to those, he was very pleased.

Shortly before he died, FF told me that his eyesight had become so bad that he could NO longer read books. That seemed to upset him a bit more than his loss of hearing. I then began to type my emails in really large, bold letters which helped him immensely.

As I explained once before, I had asked FF if he could hear the blaze. My thinking was that maybe the illusive blaze could be a train blaring its horn or maybe bells ringing. He replied that he could NOT hear much of anything anymore. I then asked him if I (me, Becky) could hear the blaze. FF replied that he did NOT know how good MY hearing is. At that point, I gave up.

Also as I've said before & keep repeating, FF assured me that the blaze could be clearly seen from Google Earth. In my solve, the blaze is an aerial view of Pinkerton Hot Springs just outside of Durango, CO. That same hot springs was/is also my wwwh ... both beginning & end of the poem clues.

I wish other searchers would comment about their conversations with FF. There must be people who know much more than I do. Truthfully, I never EVER met the man. I had NO desire to know him. Quite honestly, I doubt if I would have liked him. He just seemed somehow slimy. I do NOT believe I could EVER have trusted FF with anything of real importance to me. But that's a whole other issue.

What were your true feelings or thinkings, Beavertooth, about FF? Are they still NOW the same as they were when he was alive?

@Copper - At this time I need to do some of my chores, eat lunch, & pill one of my puppies, but I'll get back to you soon. I promise.

I’ll hold you to it.
Thanks.

Becky,
I can comment on how he was in emails. He wouldnt respond to me nearly as much as he did you. Sometimes an internal red flag would fly up but usually he was nice. He did ask for a photo once or twice which was weird, I just ignored those.

The reason I asked about memory loss is because he had responded to me several times. Once or twice it was clear he knew exactly who he was talking to. The day before he died he responded to me with "who are you? How do you know about George Frison. How are you involved with the chase?"

It bugged me to high hell that he had no idea who I was. He would remember me if I was somewhat close. I always believed that the treasure was hidden in the Wind River Reservation in Wyoming. The differences that OH is finding in the photos is alarming....and now I don't know what to believe about Forrest or the three years I spent chasing that chest.

I was under the impression that he was experiencing memory loss.....but that was mostly just to pad my ego.

Thanks for the feedback on your involvement with the chase. Its interesting.
02-23-2021, 03:54 PM,
(02-23-2021, 02:57 PM)Copper Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 01:25 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @ Stephanie - Seriously? NO kiddin'? FF did NOT ever tell me anything about journalists. I assumed nobody really knew at that time ... or took it at face value. FF told me something like he had "hoped the story would evolve on its own". Marketing is my forte so I remember thinking that, being an obscure, wealthy, basically unknown individual, FF was hesitant to deal with all the notoriety, doubts, & criticism that comes with fame. I wish now that I had saved the emails that were of NO help in my solve, ... but I did NOT.

I’ll hold you to it.
Thanks.

Becky,
I can comment on how he was in emails. He wouldnt respond to me nearly as much as he did you. Sometimes an internal red flag would fly up but usually he was nice. He did ask for a photo once or twice which was weird, I just ignored those.

The reason I asked about memory loss is because he had responded to me several times. Once or twice it was clear he knew exactly who he was talking to. The day before he died he responded to me with "who are you? How do you know about George Frison. How are you involved with the chase?"

It bugged me to high hell that he had no idea who I was. He would remember me if I was somewhat close. I always believed that the treasure was hidden in the Wind River Reservation in Wyoming. The differences that OH is finding in the photos is alarming....and now I don't know what to believe about Forrest or the three years I spent chasing that chest.

I was under the impression that he was experiencing memory loss.....but that was mostly just to pad my ego.

Thanks for the feedback on your involvement with the chase. Its interesting.

I haven't looked to see what the differences have been to date as I wasn't really into it. Then David told me Kpro was talking about the gofundme and he thought we should make sure they get to their goal and I agreed. The more information that we can get just to know what happened the better.

Might be easier to find out about the chest than why Kpro hates me...although after she eluded to us having something to do with Blackbeard...I've lashed back so they leave us alone...any who....should be interesting....if you can say anything interesting that's been proven, I'd love to hear.
© Stephanie
02-23-2021, 04:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 05:58 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Stephanie - Each of us searchers seems to have his/her own conspiracy theories. That's exactly WHY we need to share what we know. I have yet to see that happening. Lots of us have gone on to pursue other endeavors, but some are still here. We need to share our knowledge & experiences concerning FF.

I do NOT at this time, nor will anyone EVER, convince me that the whole Jack business is on the up-&-up. It's all too planned out & staged. From "the treasure has been found" clear up until now, NOTHING has been made clear to any of us. That Jack person & his behavior has suspiciously NEVER been properly explained. His reported actions are simply NOT those of a normal searcher.

I've been analyzing one video titled "The Finder of Forrest Fenn's Treasure Steps into the Light" on youtube.
The whole thing is odd. For example, in one of Jack's letters he claimed that a couple of items were missing from the chest. How could he possibly know that? Missing were the 17th century Spanish gold ring with an emerald found at San Lazaro & a small gold frog on a necklace. When Jack asked about the latter, FF was able to produce it from his vault & present it to him. The ring, however, is lost. LOST? Whaaaaat?

Okay. HOW did the ring supposedly included in the TTOTC treasure chest hidden in 2010 by FF become LOST? Also how did FF produce the frog necklace from his vault if they were at the lawyer's office? Why, but most importantly to me, HOW were these items NOT in the treasure chest?

Well, here's one theory. Let's assume that FF did NOT actually hide that chest in 2010, but instead, as many searchers have come to believe, kept it in his possession until the end of the Chase or shortly prior to the end. FF's face in the pictures of him supposedly re-familiarizing himself with the contents while a smiling Jack watches, says it all. If FF retained possession of the chest, all along, with him in Santa Fe, how many times would he have gone through the contents? I mean, come on now, ... That was his baby. FF was proud of it ... showed it off when it was NOT in his vault covered ever so lovingly by a dishtowel.

Again let's assume that FF would periodically peruse & ogle the contents when he was alone. Perhaps that's how the 2 items became left out. Maybe the ring was simply misplaced & FF neglected to put the frog necklace back until he discovered that at a later date. Perhaps he planned to do so, stuck it into his vault for later replacement, then simply forgot about it.

I believe that also explains the scissors found in the chest. Okay ... picture this. FF is sitting at his desk late one night sorting through the contents of his beloved 11th century Romanesque book-of-days $25,000 treasure chest. He hears a noise that alerts him to someone's presence. Quickly he attempts to gather everything that is sprawled across his desk & dumps it back into the chest, never noticing that he has mistakenly added the scissors, while missing the emerald & the frog necklace.

There are more points I wish to make about Jack & the find, but I need to answer Copper now. I promised.

Hey there, Copper. Yes, in my opinion, FF had been going downhill for quite a while. But almost all at once it seemed to me weight fell of off him & he became frail looking. I began to continually ask him about his health, but his responses were that I worry too much & his health was that of a man his age. FF had developed really bad circulation in his legs. His doctor recommended that he walk as much as possible ... 2 or more miles every day.

FF told me that he had hoped to live to be 100, but that his body was rebelling on him. Surprisingly to me, he seemed to accept that fact. Truly though, I believe the fact of Peggy becoming so ill was worse on him than his own well-being. He felt responsible for her to the point of ignoring what I thought were his own needs. A few years earlier she had developed pneumonia on the heels of the flu, & needed to be hospitalized. FF wrote me that he would be gone away for a while, but NOT to worry if I did NOT hear from him. He would be back when he could. I found out later that he was staying 24 hours round-the clock with Peggy. She was very seriously ill for a long time, & even after returning home, he refused to leave her unless one of their daughters was in attendance. It was the same right to his death.

FF's emails became confusing at times. They were choppy, with unrelated statements. Sometimes he would call me Betsy. When I corrected him, he would reply the same thing mostly ... "That's your name, isn't it?" Sometimes he would ask me a question that I had NO idea about. Then he would quickly tell me to forget it.

By the 9th of July, I became so very concerned about his deteriorated thinking that I wrote a no-holds-barred email stating that I needed FF to level with me about what was wrong. From that point on I kept at him until he finally promised me that he would still be alive on 23 August - the day after him b'day. His response to me was, "If I can." FF's whole attitude had become alarming to me ... so much so that I even told a couple of my friends & asked their opinions of what I could possibly do about it from 2000 miles away. I asked FF if he needed me in Santa Fe, & together we planned for the virus to subside.

Thinking back now, sometimes I would mention a searcher or a place to FF & he seemed to have very little recollection of those at times. Oh, yeah, I just remembered something. FF became oddly concerned when he didn't hear from me. He even went so far as to contact my internet acquaintances for info about how I was. I began to receive email after email from FF asking, "Where are you? Are you alright? Why are you doing this to me?"

So, yes. I think or I know that FF had lost some of his intellect shortly prior to his death. But perhaps he had so much that he could afford to lose some of that without it making a huge difference in his character. I miss FF more than I care to admit. I hope he knows how much.
02-23-2021, 04:29 PM,
I haven't finished what you wrote, but HOW IN THE HECK WAS ANYTHING MISSING IF HE NEVER WENT BACK TO THE CHEST???

Ok, going back to read lol
© Stephanie