Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurrecting the Chase
02-26-2021, 11:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 11:23 AM by Becky from WV.)
RE: Resurrecting the Chase
Beavertooth - I agree with you about the aberrations ... after all, those are what FF instructed us to discover. The aberrations are the HINTS that help us with the CLUES in the poem. FF said that a lot.

But he also stated that over-thinking is NOT the way. So many searchers are way too intelligent for me. I know NOTHING about popes (I'm Presbyterian.) or Kepler (?) or calendars. I doubt if I even have one. I'm just simple, as is my world. FF used to tell me I was "solid" & "grounded" ... with "too much integrity" for my own good. He said I have "a trusting soul". Oh, yeah? Well, maybe back then, but NOT anymore.

You know MY key to solving the Chase was a steam train. Therefore, I needed for each aberration to point some way in that direction. It always did. Every aberration & every inconsistency easily, without deep thinking or research, lead me to the Durango-Silverton Narrow Guage Railroad. That's how I located FF on the caboose of the 315 locomotive the day after his b'day in August of 2010. But that's old news.

I read Robert Redford's book... mostly looked at the pictures. I found it to be uneventful, & I read NOTHING that would even relate to the Chase. For me, that aberration pointed to a place named Rockwood on the Durango-Silverton RR line. That's where the movie of Butch & Sundance was filmed. The house with the bicycle scene is clearly still standing there, NOT far from the tracks. Sadly, again old news.

I thought FF's aberrations were easy to find & simple to relate to my solve. I was convinced that my area was correct. To this day, I still believe it. Something was important enough for FF to be there on that caboose in 2010, ... & then to boldly attempt to convince me that he wasn't. I intend to discover exactly what that reason was.
02-26-2021, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 01:23 PM by Beavertooth.)
(02-26-2021, 11:20 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: You know MY key to solving the Chase was a steam train. Therefore, I needed for each aberration to point some way in that direction. It always did. Every aberration & every inconsistency easily, without deep thinking or research, lead me to the Durango-Silverton Narrow Guage Railroad. That's how I located FF on the caboose of the 315 locomotive the day after his b'day in August of 2010. But that's old news.

I read Robert Redford's book... mostly looked at the pictures. I found it to be uneventful, & I read NOTHING that would even relate to the Chase. For me, that aberration pointed to a place named Rockwood on the Durango-Silverton RR line. That's where the movie of Butch & Sundance was filmed. The house with the bicycle scene is clearly still standing there, NOT far from the tracks. Sadly, again old news

Going with your solve, you may be able to adapt Redford in a different way. Because of all the Native American scrapbooks towards the end, Redford became to me "Red Ford", or "Indian ford" of a river. In Yellowstone, there is the Nez Perce Ford on the Yellowstone River, where Chief Joseph led his people in retreat as they crossed through the park. (Cynthia was headed there when the chest was found and pre-empted her trip). You may have a significant river ford somewhere in your area that you can use. The steam engines may have Indian names as well. They certainly must have bells, which Forrest seemed partial to.

I happened to like Chief Joseph because of his supposed surrender speech: “Hear me, my chiefs: My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.” It seems to tie to the poem "So hear me..." and to Forrest's state of mind about war (I think). Also because the words of the speech have been attributed to his interpreter Lt. C.E.S. Wood ("in the wood"). These ideas may apply in some way to your solve.

I have not sent the scrapbooks to you yet because I was waiting for a part to fix my old computer -- the part is now lost in the mail. I will transfer its hard disk over the weekend if the part does not show up.
02-27-2021, 09:59 AM,
I have a different take on Forrest's aberrations and Redford. These are just confirmation hints to let you know that you are in the right area to search for the TC.

Fenn said to look for the aberrations around/along the edges. The edges of what? There's an image of a crescent moon just beyond a sprinkled field. The field's sprinkler line grooves look like the tree rings of a giant tree. The outer edges of that crescent moon have pronounced deviations from a perfect curve. One of those deviations is located where one of the "tight L" (title) lines is to be drawn and it's where the dove sits on a nest in the sketch of page 146.

In "Important Literature" of TTOTC, Forrest talks about 3 books that he found in the Borders Bookstore. These books are represented by 3 three images inside the fenced sprinklered field. Outside the field a short distance away is an old rusty, red ford truck. This represents Redford. But since the red ford is not inside the fenced bookstore, Fenn infers that Redford didn't write a book.

These things are easy to see once you are at the right location. It's all quite simple. Even a child could see it.
02-27-2021, 02:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 02:32 PM by Becky from WV.)
The Spoiler - You stated that FF "hid the treasure twice." Also that he SAID a long time ago that he "conducted a test to see if the chest would be safe & would not be found by accident before he started the official hunt." As far as I know, FF has NEVER stated such a thing. I do NOT know if you are remembering incorrectly or if perhaps FF told that to ONLY you.

Please elaborate more about your other statement of"why FF had pictures of a "found" chest. Do you think it is the same chest with different contents photographed by FF much earlier than June 2020?
02-27-2021, 02:41 PM,
Resurrecting the Chase
I remember Forrest saying something like he tested the spot. It’s probably in one of the man, many video interviews. I have a bunch of them, but it would take a lot of time to find it.
02-27-2021, 03:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 03:56 PM by Becky from WV.)
@crazyfamily - Hey, that's okay. I've begun to watch them all ... jotting down whatever I think is important. I do NOT care how much time it takes. Here's why ... The amount of time that elapses since the occurrence of "finding" the treasure really does NOT change my desire to know the truth. I care more NOW than I did before about obtaining answers concerning the Chase.

So, where are we in all this mess? I guess the very next info will come from OH's efforts to have the photos analyzed. I believe those results will direct us in our quest ... unless Jack Stuef decides to man-up & spill his guts before detrimental EVIDENCE is discovered.
02-27-2021, 08:05 PM,
(02-27-2021, 02:31 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: The Spoiler - You stated that FF "hid the treasure twice." Also that he SAID a long time ago that he "conducted a test to see if the chest would be safe & would not be found by accident before he started the official hunt." As far as I know, FF has NEVER stated such a thing. I do NOT know if you are remembering incorrectly or if perhaps FF told that to ONLY you.

Please elaborate more about your other statement of"why FF had pictures of a "found" chest. Do you think it is the same chest with different contents photographed by FF much earlier than June 2020?

Fenn did say around 2012-2013 that he tested it. Wish I wrote down where he said it. He said he thought of everything. Well a test would certainly be something any logical person would do. He would want to know if someone would accidentally find it and he would want to know how things weathered over a long duration, especially if he wanted to include an autobiography written on paper.

The "found" picture was probably taken after the test period. It is the same chest, but he may have changed the contents a little when it was hidden to start the chase. The key in the "found" picture is not randomly placed.

I am 99.999999% certain the chest has not been recovered and 100% certain Jack is not the finder.

Time will tell. Waiting on the snow to melt. We will probably not know until around April-May.
02-27-2021, 08:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 08:41 PM by Becky from WV.)
@The Spoiler - Snow here too, but almost all gone. In fact, my property has huge trees that block a lot of the sunlight so I'm virtually the only one who still has some.

I did NOT start the Chase until March of 2013. If FF stated something before that, & it wasn't filmed or in an interview that I can secure, ... well, I'll take your word that he said it. Crazyfamily backs you up, & that's good enough for me. Truly, that info fits perfectly into what I've been trying to explain.

I believe that FF would NOT begin the Chase without making absolutely certain that all would go as planned. Therefore, when he stated with complete honesty & conviction that he hid the treasure 15 years AFTER he got cancer, ... that is exactly what he did. As far as I know, no one EVER pushed him to explain.

But I do NOT believe that the chest FF hid in 2003 is the same one that he later hid in 2010. After all, the treasure he presented to visitors stayed in his position through the years prior. If, BIG IF, the TTOTC treasure was for sure hidden in WY (which I very much doubt), then the other one must still be out there. NO reason to retrieve it. If so, another BIG IF, FF checked on it in 2010, like he must have, then my Durango, CO, area (to my thinking) is the hiding place of the other one.

However, I think the TTOTC chest is the one in CO, ...NOT the one in WY.