Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's who they think you are, so best solve wins. Invent one.
03-24-2021, 12:18 PM,
It's who they think you are, so best solve wins. Invent one.
That's it. No gold was ever there for you, no solve was ever there. A bunch of "clues" seeded in the poem- whomever finds the most or the main ones: bingo - you get to talk about it. "I did it." You get to say that, but it's like a world record. Somebody can come along and do you one better, then, a.i. perchance may crush the poem.

I say this because I was accused of inventing a single decryptor that in one move siphoned out of the poem the words "gasoline," "mensa," "garden," "two," "deen," "ronoct," "deen," and a very mispelled willow (oiolluow) at the end. Line by line words unlocked in one step. People actually thought two things: that either Fenn didn't put that encryption in there, OR, that the decryption wasn't important because it wasn't them that solved it.

This is the complicated part: in my opinion, it was POSSIBLE that Jack went to Fenn with evidence that Fenn already took the gold back - and Jack knew some part of the *when* and *how,* then, in damage control mode, Fenn breaks out the box and is like "oh look! We have a finder!" What happens now, since Fenn went quiet back then & is now gone, and Jack doesn't have a solve, is that a third person now has a chance as the solver that dupes the solveless Jack out of a serious chunk of glory in the GOATreasure hunts, and I can only wonder if that was Fenn's plan against Jack.