Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS made the difference.
03-28-2021, 11:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 11:12 AM by crazyfamily.)
GPS made the difference.
After reading Jack’s comments to searcher questions, it seems clear that Jack was unable to locate or “read” the blaze prior to tracking himself with a GPS. He says he was 6 feet from the chest and didn’t know it without knowing what the blaze was. The GPS allowed him to collect evidence. It is evidence that confirmed the clues. Remember, read the poem as though you’re putting an X on the map. Forrest told us this.
03-28-2021, 12:24 PM,
RE: GPS made the difference.
(03-28-2021, 11:02 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: After reading Jack’s comments to searcher questions, it seems clear that Jack was unable to locate or “read” the blaze prior to tracking himself with a GPS. He says he was 6 feet from the chest and didn’t know it without knowing what the blaze was. The GPS allowed him to collect evidence. It is evidence that confirmed the clues. Remember, read the poem as though you’re putting an X on the map. Forrest told us this.

The GPS Solve was not as far off as people seem to believe; however, two of the coordinates were wrong.
03-28-2021, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 11:16 PM by crazyfamily.)
GPS made the difference.
On one of our searches I was recovering from a broken humerus—but, we had an incredible day of searching where no human had been in many, many years. We found an awesome place that the treasure surely could have been, but was not.

Afterward, I performed a Fenn-inspired remake of a Roseanne Rosanna Dana skit, that we still occasionally re-enact: ”My boss hates me, I broke my arm, the air conditioning in my truck doesn’t work, I didn’t find Forrest Fenn’s treasure...”
03-29-2021, 05:59 AM,
I remember Forrest or maybe it was Dal that said Forrest didn't know how to use a GPS. Of course he knew how to use coordinates in a plane....but on the ground apparently he wasn't familiar with using a gps or maybe he said he didn't use one. I'd have to go through all my emails to find that...but I know something was said that took gps off the table for me.
© Stephanie
03-29-2021, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:32 AM by crazyfamily.)
GPS made the difference.
That may be true, but it is clear from his comments that Jack successfully used a gps in his search. The obvious answer is that he did a grid search and used the gps to track himself on the grid, but there are other possibilities.[Image: 37f42edc35146b35f2639cb5e596547e.jpg]

How could the damage to the blaze make it difficult to “read” as the blaze?
03-29-2021, 09:11 AM,
(03-29-2021, 08:25 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: That may be true, but it is clear from his comments that Jack successfully used a gps in his search. The obvious answer is that he did a grid search and used the gps to track himself on the grid, but there are other possibilities.[Image: 37f42edc35146b35f2639cb5e596547e.jpg]

Jack's use of his GPS did not lead him to the TC or the blaze. He just used it to track himself. This means he could search the area along grid lines and not double track his search lines. Without a GPS it's easy to walk back over the same area you've previously searched without knowing it, which wastes a lot of time and can easily miss spots. Using a GPS you can methodically cover the entire search area without overlapping or missing spots. I've used it that way many times, just to save time and see where I've previously searched.

Jack said there are no coordinates found in the poem or elsewhere that would lead you to the TC or blaze.

How could blaze damage make it difficult to "read" as a blaze? Well, one way would be if the blaze was an exposed rock formation near the bottom of a water drainage. A heavy storm or spring runoff could wash debris and dirt down to partially or completely cover the blaze formation. Or the blaze could be a large boulder that was undercut by a high water event, causing the boulder to roll or move to a different position, making it's shape look different. There could be many other types of damage.

But I don't believe the blaze is what Jack is telling us it is. It's much larger and can be seen from Google Earth, as I think Forrest once stated.

If you assume that the blaze is very close to the TC spot then you've got to admit that the last 2 stanzas of the poem are unnecessary to the solve. Forrest always said to not overlook any of the words of the poem. That they were all important. He didn't spend 15 years on the poem to just add a couple of insignificant stanzas.
03-29-2021, 11:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 12:46 PM by crazyfamily.)
(03-29-2021, 09:11 AM)trigace Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 08:25 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: That may be true, but it is clear from his comments that Jack successfully used a gps in his search. The obvious answer is that he did a grid search and used the gps to track himself on the grid, but there are other possibilities.[Image: 37f42edc35146b35f2639cb5e596547e.jpg]

Jack's use of his GPS did not lead him to the TC or the blaze. He just used it to track himself. This means he could search the area along grid lines and not double track his search lines. Without a GPS it's easy to walk back over the same area you've previously searched without knowing it, which wastes a lot of time and can easily miss spots. Using a GPS you can methodically cover the entire search area without overlapping or missing spots. I've used it that way many times, just to save time and see where I've previously searched.

Jack said there are no coordinates found in the poem or elsewhere that would lead you to the TC or blaze.

How could blaze damage make it difficult to "read" as a blaze? Well, one way would be if the blaze was an exposed rock formation near the bottom of a water drainage. A heavy storm or spring runoff could wash debris and dirt down to partially or completely cover the blaze formation. Or the blaze could be a large boulder that was undercut by a high water event, causing the boulder to roll or move to a different position, making it's shape look different. There could be many other types of damage.

But I don't believe the blaze is what Jack is telling us it is. It's much larger and can be seen from Google Earth, as I think Forrest once stated.

If you assume that the blaze is very close to the TC spot then you've got to admit that the last 2 stanzas of the poem are unnecessary to the solve. Forrest always said to not overlook any of the words of the poem. That they were all important. He didn't spend 15 years on the poem to just add a couple of insignificant stanzas.
First off, it's silly to apply Jack's comments to your own solution, which is what you're doing, unless you're in the right place with the right solution. Jack does explain that searching for the blaze was like looking for a needle in a haystack and then later says this about the "blaze stanza" and the blaze:

"To me, that past tense was jarring. I always wondered if there had been an extra stanza before that he cut out to make it harder, but I forgot to ask him. I think the past tense does help you realize that there is a gap there, the search you have to do for the blaze. And then it’s past tense because you’ve then done everything you need to do to find the treasure at that point."

According to the guy who found the treasure, the blaze must be searched for and the treasure was right there beneath it.

"As I’ve said, I think the blaze is too damaged to be easily “read” as the blaze at this point in time without the treasure still sitting in the nook beneath it. But I don’t think many realize that was part of the design."

Interestingly, that was the comment Forrest made at "The Lure" premier that ended up being edited out. Many argued that he never said it and pointed to the edited video as evidence. I think this puts that issue to rest.
03-29-2021, 12:45 PM,
(03-29-2021, 08:25 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: First off, it's silly to apply Jack's comments to your own solution,

Jack's hints are the ultimate pollution in the Chase & it causes maximum problems, as planned.
03-30-2021, 09:27 AM,
(03-29-2021, 11:32 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: First off, it's silly to apply Jack's comments to your own solution, which is what you're doing, unless you're in the right place with the right solution. Jack does explain that searching for the blaze was like looking for a needle in a haystack and then later says this about the "blaze stanza" and the blaze:

"To me, that past tense was jarring. I always wondered if there had been an extra stanza before that he cut out to make it harder, but I forgot to ask him. I think the past tense does help you realize that there is a gap there, the search you have to do for the blaze. And then it’s past tense because you’ve then done everything you need to do to find the treasure at that point."

According to the guy who found the treasure, the blaze must be searched for and the treasure was right there beneath it.

"As I’ve said, I think the blaze is too damaged to be easily “read” as the blaze at this point in time without the treasure still sitting in the nook beneath it. But I don’t think many realize that was part of the design."

Interestingly, that was the comment Forrest made at "The Lure" premier that ended up being edited out. Many argued that he never said it and pointed to the edited video as evidence. I think this puts that issue to rest.

First off. it's silly to believe all the nonsense that Jack puts out there, which is what you're doing.

The past tense of "...if you've been wise and found the blaze..." in the poem fits perfectly as written, if you know what "being wise" refers to, which relates directly to the blaze. Jack not knowing what wise, blaze, quest, and chest mean in the poem tells me he never solved the poem. Along with many of his other statements.

Where Jack supposedly found the TC and the solution to the poem are at two completely different locations.

The blaze, which FF said could be seen from Google Earth, is too large to be damaged enough to be unrecognizable and it's not feasible to remove it.

This crazy ending was all just a set up to end the chase prematurely in order to take care of the many problems that had come up.
03-30-2021, 10:36 AM,
GPS made the difference.
Please provide a link to the quote in which Forrest says that you can see the blaze in google earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jack's First Mistake was Made filmguy 12 4,451 03-12-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  Unprovable proved? Improbable made probable? Bisti question for your brain. trueyeti 2 528 02-24-2021, 10:23 AM
Last Post: trigace
  GPS coordinates in poem lead to treasure? I have doubts. BackTL 6 1,117 10-07-2020, 02:08 PM
Last Post: realistrealist
  The Blaze (man made or not) SoulMates4Ever 24 13,123 01-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  home of Brown or Home of Brown -- What is the difference? inohury 1 3,051 10-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Man made Structure, define that.. Gordon Lightfoot 2 2,162 10-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: OjoDude