Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Devil You Know
03-28-2021, 09:52 PM,
The Devil You Know
The expression, “the devil you know” exemplifies the trickster mentality. A child who is playful and is known for the practical jokes they play is sometimes scolded, “you little devil”. Forrest says, “the answers I already know”. He also says, “it’s not who you are but who they think you are,” and also “two can keep a secret if one of them is dead”. IMO the trickster, aka Forrest Fenn intended the solution to not be made known because the answers he already knows will only be known to the finder after he died.

Forrest said something like, he would, “leave it up to the finder as to reveal the solve or not”. Then we were told that the finder did not want to reveal the location to preserve Forrest’s “special place”. In the first sentence, “to reveal or not reveal,” is rendered to the decision of the finder. But this assertion is a duplicitous trick that introduces uncertainty and provides the finder a foundation to then introduce his defense of not revealing the location under the guise of protecting Forrest’s special place. I glanced at the finder’s statements spreadsheet.

IMO Forrest never intended to disclose the location and that the finder does not either. Could this change? Perhaps, but if it is ever revealed will it satisfy the rest of us? How good will the solve be? IMO, the Bisti solution would beat the finders’ solution in Wyoming. Am I inferring that it was not found in Wyoming? Yes. That is just trickery and subterfuge. Any solve is better than what the finder has offered. “We decided to reveal the chest was found in Wyoming,” is the same thing as saying, “We decided to say Wyoming”.

The trickster is coyote. For coyote, the game of survival depends on trickery and misdirection. A Riddler is a trickster and for this archetype, misdirection and smoke and mirrors is the game that ensures his fame. Ask the devil you know that is sitting opposite the angel on your shoulder about the trickster and wait and listen for the reply. It takes a trickster to know a trickster.
03-28-2021, 10:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 10:36 PM by crazyfamily.)
The Devil You Know
Sure. Grassy knoll, Hollywood landing, stolen election.

Fenn Treasure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poem Purists are from the Devil! Larsonist 91 29,219 12-16-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  No Devil Dog In My Car, Thank You!! Gordon Lightfoot 19 5,059 02-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth