Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s a new conspiracy theory...
04-08-2021, 09:42 PM,
Two thousand years would be about right.
04-09-2021, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 09:55 AM by trigace.)
RE: Here’s a new conspiracy theory...
(04-08-2021, 04:57 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Sure, whatever. The point is that if they’re lying about the ending and the spot then there’s no reason to protect the solution and the spot from everyone. Why would they care about some miscellaneous spot in the middle of nowhere? If you have the right spot in Colorado, they could have released some bogus solution in Wyoming and called it good, right?

I mean, you guys are acting like Forrest wouldn’t have thought of this in the planning of a fake finder and a fake solution, seriously.

Crazy-

There's a great big reason to protect a fake spot. It's not that Forrest/Jack "care" about the phony location. It's because anyone with a searcher's brain could go to the spot and easily prove or disprove it as authentic by reverse engineering the clues and applying all the hundreds of hints to it. If EVERYTHING didn't fit, it's a fake location. Getting a couple of clues/hints to fit a random location wouldn't be difficult, but to get EVERYTHING to fit as Fenn described would be very difficult, and there can be only one place that fits.... and it's not in Wyoming.

I don't think that Forrest or Jack really cared about whether or not people knew the location of the real TC spot. Forrest wanted it found. Why would he or anyone go to so much trouble and expense just to hope it never got found? That's a ridiculous idea.

Also, the real location is where only a few people would want to go just to see where it was hidden due to the remoteness and difficulty of the access. And for those who would go there, they couldn't do much of anything that could damage or hurt the site.

When the fake location is proven wrong, that will end all credibility of Fenn, Jack, and the chase. They would do anything to avoid that, and they did.
04-09-2021, 03:37 PM,
Fenn already lost great amounts of credibility in the intellect dept because the solve didn't jive or come out- that means to the public that it was a hoax. It's like Forrest got famous only to shoot his own grave marker. His releasing a solve however, posthumously, would redeem him greatly, but it must be the real one.
04-09-2021, 05:46 PM,
(04-09-2021, 09:44 AM)trigace Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 04:57 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Sure, whatever. The point is that if they’re lying about the ending and the spot then there’s no reason to protect the solution and the spot from everyone. Why would they care about some miscellaneous spot in the middle of nowhere? If you have the right spot in Colorado, they could have released some bogus solution in Wyoming and called it good, right?

I mean, you guys are acting like Forrest wouldn’t have thought of this in the planning of a fake finder and a fake solution, seriously.

Crazy-

There's a great big reason to protect a fake spot. It's not that Forrest/Jack "care" about the phony location. It's because anyone with a searcher's brain could go to the spot and easily prove or disprove it as authentic by reverse engineering the clues and applying all the hundreds of hints to it. If EVERYTHING didn't fit, it's a fake location. Getting a couple of clues/hints to fit a random location wouldn't be difficult, but to get EVERYTHING to fit as Fenn described would be very difficult, and there can be only one place that fits.... and it's not in Wyoming.

I don't think that Forrest or Jack really cared about whether or not people knew the location of the real TC spot. Forrest wanted it found. Why would he or anyone go to so much trouble and expense just to hope it never got found? That's a ridiculous idea.

Also, the real location is where only a few people would want to go just to see where it was hidden due to the remoteness and difficulty of the access. And for those who would go there, they couldn't do much of anything that could damage or hurt the site.

When the fake location is proven wrong, that will end all credibility of Fenn, Jack, and the chase. They would do anything to avoid that, and they did.

Hi trigace,

With respect to crazy and your reply, below is a link to a YouTube video (18 seconds), that exemplifies what is happening to Wyoming, (and folks who believe it).

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cn-LWSmVjY

Dogs = Wyoming and its desciples

Rabbit = Everyone else

Isn't art just cool? A Treasure Hunt is supposed to be fun after all...

It aint no fun for the fox if the rabbits got the gun (a pun)
04-09-2021, 11:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2021, 12:25 AM by crazyfamily.)
(04-09-2021, 09:44 AM)trigace Wrote: Crazy-

I believe Forrest when he said he was ambivalent about whether or not the treasure was ever found. He said he wasn’t playing any games. It was a deeply personal thing to him...two thousand years is about right.

Two thousand years...do you understand the importance of that? The Rosetta Stone was accidentally discovered after two thousand years.

Forrest said no one is going to stumble over the chest. So, in two thousand years it might be dug up in some kind of excavation. That’s what he was implying. I think Forrest was serious that he didn’t care if it was ever found, albeit preposterous that he would equate his treasure chest with the discovery of the Rosetta Stone(I personally thought it was a hint to three translations—Tewa, Spanish and English).

The chest is bronze. Forrest’s knowledge of bronze is that it doesn’t naturally breakdown. It must be physically broken, smashed, hammered and splintered like the bronze bells that the pueblo Indians smashed following the pueblo revolt. He found pieces of the bell of the San Lazaro mission scattered around after 500+ years.

Inside the chest he left gold nuggets and coins, jewels, and just a few perishable items like his hair and a roll of paper in a sealed jar. Every thing else in the chest would survive two thousand plus years in a bronze box under ground.

I think that this description alone describes how serious Forrest was about the longevity of the chest as a legacy to his life. He was probably quite surprised that anyone found the chest while he was alive, and two can keep a secret, so Forrest is gone.

Frankly, I don’t understand why many think Forrest wanted the chest found before his death. Everything he did was to ensure it survived through the millennia. So, in reality, just like his recovery from cancer, Jack ruined his plan by finding the chest in just two years. Forest had to go.
04-10-2021, 09:55 AM,
(04-09-2021, 11:59 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

I believe Forrest when he said he was ambivalent about whether or not the treasure was ever found. He said he wasn’t playing any games. It was a deeply personal thing to him...two thousand years is about right.

Two thousand years...do you understand the importance of that? The Rosetta Stone was accidentally discovered after two thousand years.

Forrest said no one is going to stumble over the chest. So, in two thousand years it might be dug up in some kind of excavation. That’s what he was implying. I think Forrest was serious that he didn’t care if it was ever found, albeit preposterous that he would equate his treasure chest with the discovery of the Rosetta Stone(I personally thought it was a hint to three translations—Tewa, Spanish and English).

The chest is bronze. Forrest’s knowledge of bronze is that it doesn’t naturally breakdown. It must be physically broken, smashed, hammered and splintered like the bronze bells that the pueblo Indians smashed following the pueblo revolt. He found pieces of the bell of the San Lazaro mission scattered around after 500+ years.

Inside the chest he left gold nuggets and coins, jewels, and just a few perishable items like his hair and a roll of paper in a sealed jar. Every thing else in the chest would survive two thousand plus years in a bronze box under ground.

I think that this description alone describes how serious Forrest was about the longevity of the chest as a legacy to his life. He was probably quite surprised that anyone found the chest while he was alive, and two can keep a secret, so Forrest is gone.

Frankly, I don’t understand why many think Forrest wanted the chest found before his death. Everything he did was to ensure it survived through the millennia. So, in reality, just like his recovery from cancer, Jack ruined his plan by finding the chest in just two years. Forest had to go.

If Forrest really didn't want anyone to find his TC, why did he even announce it to the world right after he hid it? He could have ensured that it wouldn't be found for 1,000 years if he just said nothing about it. And why did he continue to give out many hints to it's location? And why did he want a redneck Texan with 12 kids and a pickup truck to find it?

His treasure chest wasn't such a great value compared to the real treasures that have been hidden up over the years. I figured that the face value of the TC contents had to be less than $500,000. True, the collector's value would be much higher but even so, it's just a poor man's treasure compared to other lost treasures out there. So in 1,000 years not many would be interested in it, even if it's existence was still known.

And that cheap, ugly Wetherell bracelet that Fenn so often treasured is one of the least attractive items in the chest. I think he set it up as a unique item that he could prove the TC had been found. If he didn't want the TC found he wouldn't have put his "special" bracelet in it. He kept it in the spotlight by reinforcing the idea that he wanted it back. Give me a break....he won it in a poker game. (So he says.)
04-15-2021, 09:20 PM,
(04-09-2021, 11:59 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

That's an interesting connection to the timing of the Rosetta Stone. I wonder if he had that in the back of his mind when he said that.

I am still stumped about how Jack figured out the location. I know he used FF's slip up to leverage the final resting spot. But even knowing that, and also knowing the state it was in (WY), I still have no clue about WWWH. Spent almost a decade researching, almost 10 BOTG missions, and I'm still totally stumped. It's humbling. Maybe the Firehole river was WWWH and the T was just overlooked, or maybe it was in a totally different area of the state. I'm totally clueless.
04-16-2021, 09:48 AM,
Here's more of my "conspiracy theory:"

Jack said he located the TC on Friday, June 5, 2020, but didn't retrieve it until Saturday, June 6th. He said he called Forrest Friday night after locating it in order to get permission from Forrest to remove it. Why? Forrest never said anyone needed his permission to remove it. Just the opposite.

I think Forrest could have colluded with Jack days or weeks before the "find" to set up their fake "find." There were many reasons it had to be found very soon, whether legitimately or not. Fenn knew that there were "lead searchers" who were getting close but he couldn't wait much longer. So he set up a dummy TC location and gave Jack the GPS coordinates to it. (Or, there was no dummy location but just a dummy TC that Forrest would arrange for Jack to take possession of.)

Forrest wanted his real TC location found by a legitimate searcher. Since he thought someone might be getting close to the real TC he didn't want Jack to reveal his "dummy" find until the last possible moment in time. So he told Jack to begin his "search" for the fake TC using his coordinates, but when he located it, he had advised him (Jack) to not remove it until Jack called him (Forrest) to verify that no lead searcher had found it yet. This is what Jack did. He found it Friday but left it and went back to his motel and called Forrest to see if anyone had found the real TC. They hadn't so Fenn told Jack to go back and retrieve it. So Jack comfortably slept in the next morning and casually went back to get his "found" TC.

There may not have even been a fake TC location. Forrest could have just arranged to have Jack receive the TC somewhere else/sometime else. For this plot to work there didn't need to be a spot where the TC was hidden anywhere in the great outdoors. Maybe the TC was always at Fenn's home and the photos of the "find" were set up somewhere nearby. There are many possibilities.

After "the find" was announced, Jack and Forrest spent much of the summer working out the details of how they would cover up the fake find. And that's how it played out.....they "agreed" to say it was found in Wyoming, etc. Forrest coached Jack on what to say....even to the end, which Fenn expected would be soon.

The phony "find" location couldn't be divulged because people would then be able to verify the authenticity of the location based on the poem directions.

Remember, this is just another conspiracy theory!
04-16-2021, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 10:00 AM by trueyeti.)
(04-15-2021, 09:20 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote: That's an interesting connection to the timing of the Rosetta Stone. I wonder if he had that in the back of his mind when he said that.

I am still stumped about how Jack figured out the location. I know he used FF's slip up to leverage the final resting spot. But even knowing that, and also knowing the state it was in (WY), I still have no clue about WWWH. Spent almost a decade researching, almost 10 BOTG missions, and I'm still totally stumped. It's humbling. Maybe the Firehole river was WWWH and the T was just overlooked, or maybe it was in a totally different area of the state. I'm totally clueless.

Hi Ravenhome777,

As far as things go, it is hard to see the forest for the trees sometimes. IMO you have been looking through the lens for ten years. IMO, you get an “A” for effort. Belief and conviction and determination for ten years is admirable. I was married for ten years and I wore the rose-colored glasses and believed in, “till death do us part”. The ending was difficult. Believing Wyoming for a long time and putting effort with BOTG, IMO, illustrates a love for the game…TTOTC….it is commendable, I admire you for your efforts.

And although a marriage and a treasure hunt are different, they are similar at the same time too. I had to go through the grieving process for both the end of the marriage and the end of the treasure hunt too.

But when I got through it, I marched along and then things became clearer to me. I am sure that you read the entirety of this thread. I respect searchers sensitivities about Wyoming and New Mexico, (and the way the Chase ended too). With respect to the Rosetta Stone reference and TTOTC, I have something to add.

The Rosetta Stone was the key to deciphering the Egyptian scripts.

Wiki link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Stone

Key to deciphering. Key. Rosetta Stone. So, what is the Rosetta Stone to Forrest Fenn’s Poem? Between all that he put out…. the Poem is central. The Poem appears in TTOTC chapter titled, “Gold and More”.

But how do we as searchers decipher the location? You mentioned that you were stumped how Jack figured out the location and, I sense that you are committed to Wyoming too. I empathize with this heartfelt connection.

But I must point out to you that in the chapter Forrest mentions Richard Wetherill, the Navajo silversmith, and the bracelet. That is his narration.

Richard Wetherill: Owned the Ojo Alamo Store at the Ojo Alamo Spring within the Bisti Badlands. (it is only a short distance to where I know he hid the chest).

Navajo: Barnum Brown, (paleontologist), discovered the duck-billed dinosaur at Bisti (only a short distance from where I know he hid the chest). He named the specimen, Kritosaurus Navajovius Brown, (Navajo). The turquoise bracelet made by a Navajo silversmith. Bisti Badlands Wilderness Area is interspersed with Navajo Nation tracts of land, it is theirs. The chest was buried mere feet from Navajo Nation lands, (toggle GoogleMaps between satellite and land features to see this).

The bracelet: The bracelet comes full circle from Richard Wetherill to Fred Harvey, from Fred Harvey to Ford Harvey, (his son), from Ford Harvey to Byron Harvey (his son), from Byron Harvey to Forrest Fenn, from Forrest Fenn to the chest, (where he put something of himself in the chest), from the chest to his special place. Bisti.

These facts are the Gold Standard, IMO, and are derived from the chapter, “Gold and More,” and, in effect are the “Rosetta Stone” that is the key to deciphering the location of where Forrest Fenn hid his gold. The Rosetta Stone is metaphor for something that is “key”. Any solve/solution for where Forrest Fenn hid his chest needs to meet this, “Gold Standard,” IMO, and if it does not, then it does not rise to meet it.

Bisti and Richard and Navajo and bracelet and Forrest and Brown and back to Bisti. This is the Gold Standard and is derived from the book, the Poem and research. When you get BOTG at Bisti you find Dick Begay and Dick, and these along with Richard constituted “riches” as per the Poem. The chapter is titled “Gold and more”. “More” means that there is more. More on the ground found out there (Bisti), corroborates with the facts cited above.

The finder said that he figured out where Forrest wanted to die. Obviously that place is where Forrest’s, “Special Place” is. The above facts that I cite, IMO constitute the “Gold Standard,” (meaning the best of the best), for deciphering the location of Forrest’s special place. The finder knows this IMO, and now you do too. IMO, any claim of where the treasure was hidden must have facts that rise to the Gold Standard that Bisti provides. Wyoming does not do this and IMO, nowhere else does either.

As much as it hurts to let go of something sometimes, I empathize and I invite you to read my thread titled, “Theoretical Theory,” in the “Therapy Room,” within the ChaseChat blog.

Link below
https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=13909

I hope that you can cross the road and become, “un-stumped”. If a person cannot see the forest for the trees, sometimes they must cut down those trees and make stumps so that they can see. Like Forrest in his drawing where he cut down the trees so that he could see. IMO the trees speak to personal paradigms. And what is wrong with a paradigm shift after all? Sometimes a person must cut down those trees (paradigms) altogether and it is like a divorce where the paradigm of “till death do us part,” is shattered…. or cut down. But then, hopefully you find the Gold Standard for your life and march onward…no longer clueless.

Some folks like to tinker with conspiracies. Usually there is an explanation of something that makes sense and is rational. Can folks who theorize conspiracies come up with a logical explanation why Forrest would say Wyoming when it is not? Can they consider the question? Why don’t those folks put their noggins to use in coming up with some rational reasons why? It could advance our collective understanding of the matter of Bisti, where he hid the chest…
04-16-2021, 10:53 AM,
(04-16-2021, 09:49 AM)trueyeti Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 09:20 PM)ravenhome777 Wrote: That's an interesting connection to the timing of the Rosetta Stone. I wonder if he had that in the back of his mind when he said that.

Hi Ravenhome777,

As far as things go, it is hard to see the forest for the trees sometimes. IMO you have been looking through the lens for ten years. IMO, you get an “A” for effort. Belief and conviction and determination for ten years is admirable. I was married for ten years and I wore the rose-colored glasses and believed in, “till death do us part”. The ending was difficult. Believing Wyoming for a long time and putting effort with BOTG, IMO, illustrates a love for the game…TTOTC….it is commendable, I admire you for your efforts.

And although a marriage and a treasure hunt are different, they are similar at the same time too. I had to go through the grieving process for both the end of the marriage and the end of the treasure hunt too.

But when I got through it, I marched along and then things became clearer to me. I am sure that you read the entirety of this thread. I respect searchers sensitivities about Wyoming and New Mexico, (and the way the Chase ended too). With respect to the Rosetta Stone reference and TTOTC, I have something to add.

The Rosetta Stone was the key to deciphering the Egyptian scripts.

Wiki link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Stone

Key to deciphering. Key. Rosetta Stone. So, what is the Rosetta Stone to Forrest Fenn’s Poem? Between all that he put out…. the Poem is central. The Poem appears in TTOTC chapter titled, “Gold and More”.

But how do we as searchers decipher the location? You mentioned that you were stumped how Jack figured out the location and, I sense that you are committed to Wyoming too. I empathize with this heartfelt connection.

But I must point out to you that in the chapter Forrest mentions Richard Wetherill, the Navajo silversmith, and the bracelet. That is his narration.

Richard Wetherill: Owned the Ojo Alamo Store at the Ojo Alamo Spring within the Bisti Badlands. (it is only a short distance to where I know he hid the chest).

Navajo: Barnum Brown, (paleontologist), discovered the duck-billed dinosaur at Bisti (only a short distance from where I know he hid the chest). He named the specimen, Kritosaurus Navajovius Brown, (Navajo). The turquoise bracelet made by a Navajo silversmith. Bisti Badlands Wilderness Area is interspersed with Navajo Nation tracts of land, it is theirs. The chest was buried mere feet from Navajo Nation lands, (toggle GoogleMaps between satellite and land features to see this).

The bracelet: The bracelet comes full circle from Richard Wetherill to Fred Harvey, from Fred Harvey to Ford Harvey, (his son), from Ford Harvey to Byron Harvey (his son), from Byron Harvey to Forrest Fenn, from Forrest Fenn to the chest, (where he put something of himself in the chest), from the chest to his special place. Bisti.

These facts are the Gold Standard, IMO, and are derived from the chapter, “Gold and More,” and, in effect are the “Rosetta Stone” that is the key to deciphering the location of where Forrest Fenn hid his gold. The Rosetta Stone is metaphor for something that is “key”. Any solve/solution for where Forrest Fenn hid his chest needs to meet this, “Gold Standard,” IMO, and if it does not, then it does not rise to meet it.

Bisti and Richard and Navajo and bracelet and Forrest and Brown and back to Bisti. This is the Gold Standard and is derived from the book, the Poem and research. When you get BOTG at Bisti you find Dick Begay and Dick, and these along with Richard constituted “riches” as per the Poem. The chapter is titled “Gold and more”. “More” means that there is more. More on the ground found out there (Bisti), corroborates with the facts cited above.

The finder said that he figured out where Forrest wanted to die. Obviously that place is where Forrest’s, “Special Place” is. The above facts that I cite, IMO constitute the “Gold Standard,” (meaning the best of the best), for deciphering the location of Forrest’s special place. The finder knows this IMO, and now you do too. IMO, any claim of where the treasure was hidden must have facts that rise to the Gold Standard that Bisti provides. Wyoming does not do this and IMO, nowhere else does either.

As much as it hurts to let go of something sometimes, I empathize and I invite you to read my thread titled, “Theoretical Theory,” in the “Therapy Room,” within the ChaseChat blog.

Link below
https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=13909

I hope that you can cross the road and become, “un-stumped”. If a person cannot see the forest for the trees, sometimes they must cut down those trees and make stumps so that they can see. Like Forrest in his drawing where he cut down the trees so that he could see. IMO the trees speak to personal paradigms. And what is wrong with a paradigm shift after all? Sometimes a person must cut down those trees (paradigms) altogether and it is like a divorce where the paradigm of “till death do us part,” is shattered…. or cut down. But then, hopefully you find the Gold Standard for your life and march onward…no longer clueless.

Some folks like to tinker with conspiracies. Usually there is an explanation of something that makes sense and is rational. Can folks who theorize conspiracies come up with a logical explanation why Forrest would say Wyoming when it is not? Can they consider the question? Why don’t those folks put their noggins to use in coming up with some rational reasons why? It could advance our collective understanding of the matter of Bisti, where he hid the chest…

Hi Trueyeti,

Thank you for this very thoughtful and heartfelt response. I find your comparison to your marriage and divorce quite insightful, and I can see the connection between the two. I think most people have moved on from the Chase now that the treasure has been found, but for some reason I'm still interested in it. I guess it has become part of my life somehow. It's a little bit like the feeling of being a kid, and having all your friends over and all your toys out in the playroom, and then at a certain point your friends leave to go home, and you're left alone in a silent room with all your toys scattered about and the remnants of fun memories, but it's a lonely feeling as you clean up the mess in the darkness.

But, in any case, I think you're on to something with the "Gold Standard". That is a concept that I could see Forrest using in the Chase. The Rosetta Stone being the gold standard and the key. "Gold and More" is a critical chapter for sure. I never thought about the "..and More" part. That's interesting. I just re-visited that chapter. It's very well written and you can feel the sense of imagination and wonder dripping from each sentence and thought. I had forgotten some parts of that chapter, and you reminded me that he does discuss the Wetherill bracelet there.

I just discovered this article about Louisa Wetherill:
https://tucson.com/news/local/western-wo...30b51.html

I didn't know anything about the Bisti Badlands and the Ojo Alamo store. That's very interesting.

https://www.canyoncountryzephyr.com/2019...vey-leake/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Sloane-Fenn pull 80-90 plan - conspiracy Top Secret 21 3,162 10-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  Fenn Underground connection to FFTreasure.com Conspiracy Theory Top Secret 5 1,470 06-22-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Seeker9
  Conspiracy Theory - John Brown should be banned filmguy 10 4,014 12-27-2019, 03:27 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  String Theory Top Secret 9 2,852 08-06-2019, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Wesley_Coldwell
  Theory syd500 3 1,625 07-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Last Post: syd500
  Coordinations Theory Michel 2 1,245 03-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Riddlemethat