Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No short-cuts?! Damn!
06-08-2013, 01:03 AM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
Two years ago I was at Collected Works Bookstore, and I heard Mr. Fenn discuss his life, his book, and his hidden bronze chest. At the time, I could not afford a copy of the book, but a year later (almost to the day) I bought a copy.

The solution to the poem's clues seemed obvious to me at that time, and it still seems obvious to me. But it most surely most not be obvious, otherwise the chest would have been found by now--- that means my solution is probably false.

But if my solution to the clues is correct, then I live about 7 miles from the hiding place.

On May 7th., 2013, I had the day free so I went near the place where I think the hiding place is, but I did not have the time to go all the way. Instead of taking Mr. Fenn's suggested route (in the poem), I hiked across the country and approached the area from the east. It was brutal, hard, and laborious. It is beautiful country, but it is dangerous to cross on foot without trails; the route Mr. Fenn took is easy, and a small child (with an adult) can take that route. Onre cannot easily skip starting at "the home of Brown:" hiking in cross-country is vastly more work.

I see via Google Alerts that two more people have posted solutions that match mine. It seems to me the chest will be found this summer.
06-08-2013, 01:11 AM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQAgsNCECAU[/embed]
06-08-2013, 02:26 AM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Desertphile on June 8, 2013, 02:03</b>

"I see via Google Alerts that two more people have posted solutions that match mine. It seems to me the chest will be found this summer."

@Desertphile

What is Google Alerts and how does it know and alert you when someone posted a similar solution? Can you explain what that is?
</div>
06-08-2013, 01:38 PM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
"Google Alerts" is an automated service at Google that sends email notices to people whenever Google indexes a web page and finds a new entry for a word or phrase. I have a Google Alert for the phrase "Forest Fenn." Whenever a new news item with the name shows up, I receive email telling me so.

http://www.google.com/alerts
06-09-2013, 12:07 AM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
Laughing at my videos?! Damn: that's the exact opposite of my intention. And I still have my magnetic compass for anyone who wonders if Albuquerque is *NORTH* of Santa Fe. (Sheeeish!)

If you are some what familiar with the area, I am north of Ghost Ranch and deep in the wilderness. I come out of the forest one day a month for veggie tamales at Doug's place, Jasper Ranch; other than that, I do not "do" people.

Meanwhile, I fully expect the hidden chest to be found this summer. I don't want the contents of the chest, but the chest would be cool to have.
06-10-2013, 06:51 PM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
Roostergeddon has been postponed; I do not actually harm any living thing (I'm vegetarian), but I like to pretend the roosters here are my next victims.

Yesterday I saw a large crowd of people pass the chest's hiding place within about 500 feet (if I am correct about where it is hidden). The temperature was (and still is) 95 degrees. As soon as I get a few days away from work I will go and get images of the chest, and maybe play with the gold for a few minutes. :-)
06-11-2013, 03:22 AM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
Desertphile you have the makings of a fascinating old coot. Don't get yourself turned into buzzard food before your time. We need people like you to keep society honest.

I stumbled onto one of your videos about the dry washer on a completely different search of mine and didn't even look at the rest of your videos until now. Have you had any success with it?
06-12-2013, 04:18 PM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
I'm with Stephanie here. After about two seconds of your video, I yelled, "Oh my god! It's that crazy guy from youtube"! Hey Desertphile, take it as a compliment, I'm starting to realize we're all somewhat crazy here. Maybe crazy will get this treasure found. Sorry about the deer. I've hit one or two myself and it sucks, but good for the coyotes and ravens.

Since I've gone public, I've met some "interesting" characters here. This search has gone from very serious, to a lot of fun. Boo
04-27-2014, 09:08 PM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
So I just returned from a search based on Google Earth. Two important things that I learned, Don't forget to pack your waders without first checking what month the Google image that is to be used was like for me October and since it was a dry creek then it turned out to be a torrent stream in April. 2nd always check your wives pack to make sure she includes dry socks because after fording two streams I had dry socks but she didn't and the only pair I could buy nearby was at a fashion boutique and that pair cost me 18 bucks. So I got socked twice, first when she was mad that I did not pack her yes her extra dry socks after walking in wet ones all day and two the cost to find dry ones. Funny when packing for the trip I found my two pairs of waders but tossed them aside thinking the little stream obscured by trees in Google Earth would by easy to cross.
04-27-2014, 09:52 PM,
No short-cuts?! Damn!
Yep, I always keep a bag in the trunk with extra clothes for that reason. I should have gone out today but hubby was so burnt out from his 64 hour work week, the extra project for a friend that has taken up the last eight weekends of every spare moment he has had on top of it. I couldnt ask him to go searching today, poor guy works too hard.

Carry extra supplies, dont risk mad wives.lol
Shhh they aren't listening.