Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Codes and Cyphers
05-25-2019, 06:51 AM,
RE: Codes and Cyphers
Here's a list of 24 words that should interest the code and cypher crowd. There are many, many other word lists that can be made using the same methodology. I'll let you figure out how I made it.

Purists, of course, will be aghast. It is, however, a very interesting exercise because (A) it can imply a new poem order and/or (B) may supply words that in themselves are clues (i.e., MEASURE, UNIT, EAST).

I'll be the first to admit that both JILL, OUST, LEEK and QUARE feel forced. But I'm not saying this list is the correct list. I'm just saying it fits a certain condition, and makes for a fun intellectual pursuit if nothing else.

Oh, and btw the letters I and J are often considered as interchangeable in cryptography and I skipped X for an obvious reason. Here's my list:

ASIA
MEASURE
YANKEE
PINTO
UNIT
ANYONE
BUTTON
ROMEO
LEEK
KEEN
SADDLE
DUST
BOUND
EAST
CARRY
OUST
VISIT
WEAVE
FIVE
GLISTEN
JILL
ZEBRA
QUARE
YOUTH
05-25-2019, 07:13 AM,
I think it could take quite a while to discover the methodology that produces all 24 words.

For example, ASIA could be produced using letters corresponding to the Fibonnaci sequence (0) 1,1,2,3 or (0,1) 1,2,3,5 on the first words of the poem. A grid setup could probably get catch some of them.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
05-25-2019, 09:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 09:57 AM by Top Secret.)
(05-25-2019, 09:34 AM)OH! Wrote: https://www.....com/forum/.../100253-omg-i-ve-become-an-algorithm
Hey OH. you seem like a nice guy but your credibility and intention come under question when you spam this site.

If you have something to say, then say it. Don't become the messenger of the devil and spam this site. Ask KrapO what happened when she tried spamming CC? Thats right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euFdR6svWVs
and
https://youtu.be/wGuZOOHRsZA
05-25-2019, 11:37 AM,
(05-25-2019, 09:54 AM)Top Secret Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 09:34 AM)OH! Wrote: https://www.....com/forum/.../100253-omg-i-ve-become-an-algorithm
Hey OH. you seem like a nice guy but your credibility and intention come under question when you spam this site.

If you have something to say, then say it. Don't become the messenger of the devil and spam this site. Ask KrapO what happened when she tried spamming CC? Thats right...

and

You know! this is the reason I don't post here! I was merely giving people ideas without having to go through the two hour process it took me to create that thread to post on another site. More like top idiot rather than top secret!

One post in a year and this is what I get! Never again will I post here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

05-25-2019, 11:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 12:12 PM by Top Secret.)
(05-25-2019, 11:37 AM)OH! Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 09:54 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

and

You know! this is the reason I don't post here! I was merely giving people ideas without having to go through the two hour process it took me to create that thread to post on another site. More like top idiot rather than top secret!

One post in a year and this is what I get! Never again will I post here!
Bull$hit spammer, back to the hint-of-bitchers with you
05-26-2019, 12:53 PM,
(05-25-2019, 07:13 AM)astree Wrote: .
I think it could take quite a while to discover the methodology that produces all 24 words.

For example, ASIA could be produced using letters corresponding to the Fibonnaci sequence (0) 1,1,2,3 or (0,1) 1,2,3,5 on the first words of the poem. A grid setup could probably get catch some of them.

Astree, nothing so complex. The list represents each line of the poem, in order. A single letter has been added to the letters from each line to form a word. No letter added has been repeated. Thus, the 24 lines of the poem represent an alphabet with X excluded and J and I combined.

Thusly:

AS I HAVE...
Insert A
ASIA

...AND WITH MY TREASURE...
Insert M
MEASURE

and so on, through 24 different letters of the alphabet.

The thought experiment runs as follows:
We know X is missing from the poem.
Is a letter missing from each line?
05-27-2019, 07:59 AM,
(05-26-2019, 12:53 PM)twelvepm Wrote:

Astree, nothing so complex. The list represents each line of the poem, in order. A single letter has been added to the letters from each line to form a word. No letter added has been repeated. Thus, the 24 lines of the poem represent an alphabet with X excluded and J and I combined.

Thusly:

AS I HAVE...
Insert A
ASIA

Insert M
MEASURE

Thanks, twelvepm. I think i had seen that possibility for the two examples you gave, but did not see any rules to restrict to thoses words. For example

ASI(A) , HA(L)VE, (S)HAVE, GONE®, GO NE AL(L) .... or is there some rule that would pick ASIA and cancel the others.

The idea about the missing X does generate possibilities like you mention.
=====

WP (stock symbol)
05-27-2019, 09:13 AM,
(05-27-2019, 07:59 AM)astree Wrote:

Thusly:

AS I HAVE...
Insert A
ASIA

Insert M
MEASURE

Thanks, twelvepm. I think i had seen that possibility for the two examples you gave, but did not see any rules to restrict to thoses words. For example

ASI(A) , HA(L)VE, (S)HAVE, GONE®, GO NE AL(L) .... or is there some rule that would pick ASIA and cancel the others.

The only rule (for my list, anyway) that favors ASIA is the constraint of picking a DIFFERENT letter of the alphabet to insert in each line of the poem. This is trickier than it might seem, but as I said my list is only one of many, many possibilities.

So, clearly finding lines that could accept Q or J to create a new word is a place to start. In addition, I've tried to favor the added letter being either at the beginning or the end of the created word, never in the middle (e.g., from the line 2 sequence TREASURE, I can choose to generate MEASURE, or EAST, but not TREATS.)

I've also favored the longest words I can find, since that implies they're the least likely to be the result of the alphabet soup phenomenon. And further, very subjectively, I've tried to include original sequences from the poem's lines where I feel the language is most contrived (AS I instead of SINCE I, TARRY SCANT, WHY IS IT, etc.).

But why even pursue an exercise like this in the first place, you might ask? Well, primarily because I continually force myself to address new approaches to solving the poem, ones that have never been proposed by searchers in the last decade.

Secondly, because I have always worked off the assumption that there HAS TO BE a concealed specificity to the solution other than simply a collection of vague geographic indicators. So I look for methodologies that aren't exactly codes or ciphers, that have relatively simple rules, but that generate hidden words that could deliver greater specificity.

In this particular exercise, it's clear that directional words (like NORTH, EAST) could be part of my word list, as well as numbers (SEVEN, FIVE, TWO). The words UNIT and MEASURE interest me in particular. The other reason I even considered this approach is because I keep considering the truth that only a single letter is missing from the poem, a construction that I believe is entirely intentional. If one letter is missing from the whole, why not different letters from each line?

In no way do I mean to say that my word list exercise posted here is a solution. It is however a new way to look at the poem, and that, for me, is always valid.
05-27-2019, 12:19 PM,
(05-27-2019, 09:13 AM)twelvepm Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 07:59 AM)astree Wrote:

Thusly:

AS I HAVE...
Insert A
ASIA

Insert M
MEASURE

The only rule (for my list, anyway) that favors ASIA is the constraint of picking a DIFFERENT letter of the alphabet to insert in each line of the poem. This is trickier than it might seem, but as I said my list is only one of many, many possibilities.

So, clearly finding lines that could accept Q or J to create a new word is a place to start. In addition, I've tried to favor the added letter being either at the beginning or the end of the created word, never in the middle (e.g., from the line 2 sequence TREASURE, I can choose to generate MEASURE, or EAST, but not TREATS.)

I've also favored the longest words I can find, since that implies they're the least likely to be the result of the alphabet soup phenomenon. And further, very subjectively, I've tried to include original sequences from the poem's lines where I feel the language is most contrived (AS I instead of SINCE I, TARRY SCANT, WHY IS IT, etc.).

But why even pursue an exercise like this in the first place, you might ask? Well, primarily because I continually force myself to address new approaches to solving the poem, ones that have never been proposed by searchers in the last decade.

Secondly, because I have always worked off the assumption that there HAS TO BE a concealed specificity to the solution other than simply a collection of vague geographic indicators. So I look for methodologies that aren't exactly codes or ciphers, that have relatively simple rules, but that generate hidden words that could deliver greater specificity.

In this particular exercise, it's clear that directional words (like NORTH, EAST) could be part of my word list, as well as numbers (SEVEN, FIVE, TWO). The words UNIT and MEASURE interest me in particular. The other reason I even considered this approach is because I keep considering the truth that only a single letter is missing from the poem, a construction that I believe is entirely intentional. If one letter is missing from the whole, why not different letters from each line?

In no way do I mean to say that my word list exercise posted here is a solution. It is however a new way to look at the poem, and that, for me, is always valid.

Nice contribution. Well done. I like the way you think! Smile
07-14-2019, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 01:00 PM by astree.)
So hear me all and listen good

IF YOU ARE BRAVE AND IN THE WOOD
“HEAR” I BURIED NARY (yarn) A FOOT DOWN

... in the woo DIG ive you title

ARMCHAIR IT
I AM ART-RICH
=====

WP (stock symbol)

Possibly Related Threads...