Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Codes and Cyphers
08-28-2015, 08:38 AM,
Codes and Cyphers
Don't do it Mike. Hold the line!

P.O.P.S
Poem Only Purists Society
08-28-2015, 10:20 AM,
RE: Codes and Cyphers
(08-28-2015, 08:05 AM)mdavis19 Wrote: I am always suspicious of including rainbows in solves too, because the rainbow reference is not part of the poem.

mdavis19

Rainbow references may not appear explicitly in the poem, but I think that are at least two hidden references to rainbows/The Wizard of Oz which provide hints about how to extract the clues from it.

If you take the first three letters of stanza one and add the last five letters of stanza 2 you get AS I + BROWN = RAINBOWS.

Also, if you believe that homophones are important, then consider:

IF U R BRAVE AND IN THE WOO (D)

Cross out letters one-by-one to spell out:

FIND AU (gold) OVER THE

1) Notice that you can do this without ever having to go into the middle of a word to get the letter you need next. It's like chopping the ends off of a log with an ax.

2) Now look at what the remaining letters spell.

In my solve the word "rainbow" does not appear, but the first letters of my last clue (OUR WOVEN BRAID) anagram to BOW, which is what you find at the end of a rainBOW. I also think that the deeper meeting of TTOTC is related to the story of the Wizard of Oz, and in particular, the character of Professor Marvel (as in marvel gaze). (I suppose you could stretch a bit and even find Toto in TOo far TO walk...)

The key hints:

To uncover the nine clues you will need to use:

First and last letters of nearby words
Anagrams
Homophones
At least one chemical symbol from the periodic table (Put ... Brown >> PB >> Lead >> Leadville).

astree has stressed repeatedly that the poem is a puzzle based on various forms of wordplay and that properly extracting the clues yields nine very specific (as in word-by-word) sentences. This is what is meant by being able to go straight to the chest with confidence. The scrapbook that stated that no ciphers were used has, in my view, been over-interpreted.

I believe astree is correct.
08-28-2015, 10:30 AM,
Codes and Cyphers
Eliza , I've said many times that post left out Anagrams, deliberately, it's like he basically listed all the ingredients for baking bread and left out flour. Then everyone just assumed anagrams/flour was out.

I like your thinking.
08-28-2015, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2015, 10:42 AM by Hammertime.)
I'm sure ff was called "sir" quite a bit. And easy way to reference a rainbow would be an Iris, an anagram of "I sir". There could be this plant near or at the exact treasure location maybe..

I think he said "move" with confidence if I'm thinking correctly. This is a hint to me, because he could have easily said, go or proceed or advance. "Move" has alot of different synonyms. Including "Stir up" or stirrup. Just another degree of separation.
09-01-2015, 11:44 AM,
"Suggested Reading" thread

(09-01-2015, 09:28 AM)James Perotti Wrote: If there were codes or ciphers, the people that have already solved the first two clues, understand what the mechanism is.

There are several conceptual leaps one must make to begin, so maybe "mechanisms" would be a bit more accurate, but point well taken. This is why Forrest said getting started it the hard part.
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
09-03-2015, 04:13 AM,
All below is IMO.

I have solved the riddle to Forrest’s poem. The answers to the clues form a block of text that can be decoded using the Lewis & Clark cipher. This reveals a secret message that step-by-step lays out the path to the treasure chest.

The path takes a winding route through mountains, past a lake, through a forest then on to the location of the chest, all within one of the National Forests in the Rocky Mountains of the USA.

A special keyword was required to unlock the text. The following hidden message was revealed:

‘Go west. In a short hour you see a big lake, cross it, run south - west. --------------------. Mirror this trail. Aim south and look heading west for a grey ‘F’ sign.’

It was apparent that Forrest deliberately omitted part of the directions so the riddle comprised more than one layer.

I’ve found the missing part of the directions from a source external to the poem, but have struggled to interpret this part in order to pinpoint the exact location of the treasure chest.

Having navigated through nearly all of the layers of security and deciphered 95% of the riddle I haven’t been able to crack the final bit.

But I’m close. I’ve reduced the size of the search area to a relatively small section of one of the National Forests in the Rocky Mountains. I’m certain the exact location of the treasure chest will be found when someone can add the correct last 5% of the directions to the 95% I’ve ‘set in stone’.

So, I’m sharing my solution to see if anyone can solve the last part of the directions. More people are required to provide fresh interpretation.

I’ve made public the solution detailed within an e-book called ‘Title to the Gold’. I would be delighted if this enabled another Searcher to find the treasure chest and claim the items of treasure hidden by Forrest. I would be thrilled to have played a part in the find.

Each person’s mind works differently so it’s likely someone will be able to see something that I’ve missed. If anyone can solve the last part of the riddle the treasure will be theirs’.

I think the lucky person will be someone who has a quirky mind, who sees things in a different way to most. He or she will be the one who claims ‘title to the gold’!

The e-book is on amazon.com.

Happy Hunting, can’t wait for someone to nail it!

The White Knight (Andrew Briggs).
09-03-2015, 05:16 AM,
(09-03-2015, 04:13 AM)The White Knight Wrote: All below is IMO.

I have solved the riddle to Forrest’s poem. The answers to the clues form a block of text that can be decoded using the Lewis & Clark cipher. This reveals a secret message that step-by-step lays out the path to the treasure chest.

The path takes a winding route through mountains, past a lake, through a forest then on to the location of the chest, all within one of the National Forests in the Rocky Mountains of the USA.

A special keyword was required to unlock the text. The following hidden message was revealed:

‘Go west. In a short hour you see a big lake, cross it, run south - west. --------------------. Mirror this trail. Aim south and look heading west for a grey ‘F’ sign.’

It was apparent that Forrest deliberately omitted part of the directions so the riddle comprised more than one layer.

I’ve found the missing part of the directions from a source external to the poem, but have struggled to interpret this part in order to pinpoint the exact location of the treasure chest.

Having navigated through nearly all of the layers of security and deciphered 95% of the riddle I haven’t been able to crack the final bit.

But I’m close. I’ve reduced the size of the search area to a relatively small section of one of the National Forests in the Rocky Mountains. I’m certain the exact location of the treasure chest will be found when someone can add the correct last 5% of the directions to the 95% I’ve ‘set in stone’.

So, I’m sharing my solution to see if anyone can solve the last part of the directions. More people are required to provide fresh interpretation.

I’ve made public the solution detailed within an e-book called ‘Title to the Gold’. I would be delighted if this enabled another Searcher to find the treasure chest and claim the items of treasure hidden by Forrest. I would be thrilled to have played a part in the find.

Each person’s mind works differently so it’s likely someone will be able to see something that I’ve missed. If anyone can solve the last part of the riddle the treasure will be theirs’.

I think the lucky person will be someone who has a quirky mind, who sees things in a different way to most. He or she will be the one who claims ‘title to the gold’!

It belly belly crear where you think treasure is. You ale hirarious.
09-03-2015, 08:26 AM,
(09-03-2015, 04:13 AM)The White Knight Wrote: All below is IMO.

How fitting that he put this on the codes and cyphers thread, the one that should be renamed the total hogwash thread. If this thread was a scratch and sniff it would smell like scheisse.
09-03-2015, 08:30 AM,
Codes and Cyphers
Buddy Allen.
I find your lack of faith, disturbing.......
09-03-2015, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 08:40 AM by Buddy Allen.)
good you're disturbed

a grid of the entire poem comes up 4 letters off of the nick name of ff's best friend's dog's cousin. Ohhhhhh let's all be amazed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming Zip Codes crazyfamily 12 1,469 05-15-2019, 11:02 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Codes, cyphers, in the poem, James Perotti 61 25,785 03-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Circus_Maximus