Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rocky Mountains
08-17-2014, 06:26 PM,
The Rocky Mountains
Mysterious Writings:

Question posted 6/25/2014:

Hi,

Did the same 9 clues exist when you were a kid and to your estimation will they still exist in 100 years and 1000 years?

Thanks ~Ron

Thanks Ron, thoughtful questions

The clues did not exist when I was a kid but most of the places the clues refer to did. I think they might still exist in 100 years but the geography probably will change before we reach the next millennia. The Rocky mountains are still moving and associated physical changes will surely have an impact. If you are in the year 3,009 it will be more difficult for you to find the treasure.f
<hr class="bbcode_rule" />

"Most"? -- "Might"?

So "most" of the "places" the clues refer did exist. Which one/ones did not? They MIGHT still exist in 100yrs? 3009? - Probably a thousand years from when he hid it. :-) He said it would be MORE difficult, but he didn't say impossible.

Rocky Mountains still moving? Yes. But isn't everything? But I know what he means. :-)

When he says that he was looking at 1,000 - 10,000yrs down the road or that people would still be looking for it in 1000yrs, did he really take into account how much geology CAN change at ANY moment in time? -- Could a good rain, forest fire, earthquake, mudslide, etc. END finding it WITH the "clues" in the poem? What place could ever be completely unsusceptible to time and nature? He said he didn't know if the clues would be around in 100yrs, much less 1,000 or 10,000yrs. But also that in 1000yrs it WILL be more difficult to find the treasure. -- If you can? :-) So if they MAY NOT exist in that time frame, then who's to say the may not exist tomorrow either? -- Nothing is ever a surety. -- More conflicting statements? or Just part of the plan? :-) Look around you, wherever you are, but especially in The Rocky Mountains. .........time is ticking!!

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-17-2014, 09:09 PM,
The Rocky Mountains
Geographically, pw, things may change due to plate tectonics or parts of it (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and the like)(as I know you know). However, what is intended by this statement from FF is that human history will be much more clouded in 1000 years from now. There will be 1000's of more Browns and any other human involved in this hunt. The significance of some of the clues became so in his lifetime, at least how I have interpreted this statement.

What i am trying to say is that some of the clues may not completely exist in actuality in 1000 years. For example: if you are searching in Yellowstone, an earthquake changed the geography in that area and created a lake. If part of your solution involves what once was, it has now been erased.

Now on the human scale: if your solution involves someone named Arthur Brown of Taos, it will be much more difficult to determine who that Brown was and where he lived in a 1000 years.

To be honest, and with no disrespect, I see no inconsistencies with the aforementioned. It's all very deep, as is everything FF says. 8O
08-17-2014, 09:36 PM,
The Rocky Mountains
No disrespect taken!! :-) Notice I left the question open. But I was talking more about geology, in which there is ALSO the possibility that one may not be able to find it(where it actually resides) ........regardless. He mentioned the words "geography" and "physical". And as we know, geography can change, but if history/people "known" stays or somewhat the same, then it probably wouldn't have any real bearing on not being able to find the chest. Now if HOB where a person and that was lost or changed, then there would be no chance, regardless of physical surface changes. Now how about this:

Mysterious Writings:

Mr. Fenn, Is there any level of knowledge of US history that is required to properly interpret the clues in your poem. ~Steve R

No Steve R,

The only requirement is that you figure out what the clues mean. But a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-18-2014, 03:24 AM,
The Rocky Mountains
Now is he talking about the physical geography of a place or is he talking about geography as a science. The workings of how geography is defined and recorded ? I ask the question because of my own ideas associated with my HOB concept. Just some of the odd stuff that I think about. lol
Shhh they aren't listening.
08-22-2014, 06:49 AM,
The Rocky Mountains
A comprehensive knowledge of geography hmmm. I studied geography, to me most interesting sub category was Psychological Geography, it has to do with why people chose and choose to live in certain places, but not other places that seem to be just as viable.

08-22-2014, 08:24 PM,
The Rocky Mountains
That sounds fascinating. How do you study that?
08-22-2014, 10:35 PM,
The Rocky Mountains
Probably helps if you are laying on a couch.
08-23-2014, 09:12 PM,
The Rocky Mountains
Tongue
08-24-2014, 12:22 AM,
The Rocky Mountains
..And pillowcase? hyperspace? aerospace? misplace? doughface? bootlace? braincase?
08-25-2014, 03:21 AM,
The Rocky Mountains
Dis guys Forrest, he hid some gold up in a nest,

I ain't gonna rest, cuz I am da am da best.

Ya'll suckas gonna test, out there on the quest,

I'm not quittin' till I fessed, up where the chest is rest.

I got the clue, where I gonna do,

Looking right and true, the villain too.

I'm searchin', I'm like an urchin,

crawlin, trawlin, brawlin, survivin,

revivin, where dat gold is purchin.

Nope, I'm gonna get it, where he set it.

I'm goin where the blaze is,

where the pays is,

where the chase ends.

Kick it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Safety in the Mountains Shay 2 473 06-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Blaze Mountains RichardGreen 8 909 01-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Last Post: RichardGreen
  a place somewhere in the mountains paulb 1 754 07-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Halogetter
  Where exactly are the Rockey Mountains? monkeyking 7 3,331 12-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: pidmt
  At the Mountains of Madness..... knighterrant 9 5,966 08-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Last Post: knighterrant
  $5 Million Rocky Mountain Treasure astree 1 2,717 05-23-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: decall