Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 clues, not 16.
06-29-2013, 08:25 PM,
9 clues, not 16.
I am new here. I don't really care about finding a treasure, I just like puzzles. Now, in reading the poem I have found 15-16 lines that could <i>possibly</i> be clues. That means ~7 lines are red herrings, misc or filler. To me it seems like everyone automatically assumes what the clue part of the poem is. Shouldn't there be more focus on actually discovering which are clues and which are false paths? Maybe people do do this maybe I am off. It also seems like people think the first clue is Begin where warm water halts...I disagree. I don't think he'd make it that easy. Maybe I am wrong. I would love to hear any input. I've loved staring at this trying to figure it out!
06-30-2013, 01:03 AM,
9 clues, not 16.
Very interesting how that was worded: "...the first stanza is not where you begin..."

Because for me, a clue in the first stanza is where I end. So maybe don't discount it completely.

But I do begin using the wwh reference, and I wouldn't have found my end without that first (assuming it's correct, of course).
06-30-2013, 07:58 AM,
9 clues, not 16.
Did ff actually say those words, " don't start at the first stanza?
06-30-2013, 11:00 AM,
9 clues, not 16.
I am guilty of starting at HOB! :-( oops!
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM,
9 clues, not 16.
i am guilty of thinking there is something hidden in the first stanza. on that guys blog it says he has said over and over again to start at the beginning, but everyone just assumes the beginning is where he says begin. couldn't he be being a little tricky? eh i dunno. I am still trying to flesh the 9 clues. i just want one of you guys to solve it and find it so the solution will be made public and i can stop goin crazy
07-01-2013, 07:46 AM,
9 clues, not 16.
atargnon I am with you, I have read and re-read how he says it and listened to what he says... to me the beginning is the beginning. Plain and simple. I too am ready for someone to solve it. I am working hard on it.....