Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheres the proof?
09-15-2014, 02:08 PM,
Wheres the proof?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Tim Nobody on September 15, 2014, 3:04 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from jayA on September 15, 2014, 2:39 pm</b>

I think Tim should post that picture in his lizard lodge. He seems to be more interested in dragging seekers in there, than he is about the treasure.
</div>

I usualy have to drag them out before they lodge but if I post it in the lounge will you visit? You can find out alot about where the treasure is not when you get people drunk at the lounge. Why not let people tell you where not to go before spending your hard earned money on the chase then you can afford to spend it on more than one kind of chasers. 8-)</div>
</div>

I found treasure at the L.L. lots of it.
09-15-2014, 02:08 PM,
Wheres the proof?
To each their own. I guess you are not taking into consideration that the soul is eternal - as many came to believe. Nothing really perishes, it is simply transformed. The question is, would you be happy with the new form,, heavy burdens and water high? But then again, I do not believe it is out there for you to find., so it makes no difference.
09-15-2014, 02:12 PM,
Wheres the proof?
Stephanie, what if someone finds it tomorrow and in hindsight all of the clues Forrest gave you were legit. Would you have been burned by trusting him or just didn't see the hints correctly.

I have my share of searches based on his comments, but I never considered it his fault that I kayaked a class 6 river and almost died as I went over a 60 ft waterfall or that I went scuba diving in an ice covered lake and got lost under the ice and barely survived as my oxygen ran out. These were my stupid choices and I learned from them.

I believe he gives all of us hints and we need to think about why he said them and not necessarily the place or item he mentions. But they are subtle hints and won't tell us exactly where to go.
09-15-2014, 02:23 PM,
Wheres the proof?

<b>Quote from FFSeeker on September 15, 2014, 3:12 pm</b>

Stephanie, what if someone finds it tomorrow and in hindsight all of the clues Forrest gave you were legit. Would you have been burned by trusting him or just didn't see the hints correctly.

I have my share of searches based on his comments, but I never considered it his fault that I kayaked a class 6 river and almost died as I went over a 60 ft waterfall or that I went scuba diving in an ice covered lake and got lost under the ice and barely survived as my oxygen ran out. These were my stupid choices and I learned from them.

I believe he gives all of us hints and we need to think about why he said them and not necessarily the place or item he mentions. But they are subtle hints and won't tell us exactly where to go.
</div>

You should write Fenn and get your two golden compasses for nearly dying twice in your search attempts and certainly beats the silver compass award for getting lost.
09-15-2014, 02:30 PM,
Wheres the proof?
I think it takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 subtle hints to make a clue and if there are 9 clues to the poem, then it takes 9000 hints to find the chest. If we consider that some of the stuff Forrest says is not a hint, then the chase becomes very difficult and Forrest has always maintained that it will be very difficult, but not impossible.

You can change the amount of hints you need by figuring out clues on your own, but if you want Forrest to solve it for you then you need 9000 emails from him for a complete solution. So no one has ever been lied to or burned by trusting him, they just don't have enough emails yet. Do you really expect him to send a complete solution and give it away in one or two emails?

I have 20 email hints from him and I figure others have the same or more. So the complete solution might already be out there in the emails, but you need to track down everyone to have the 9000 needed email hints.

I hope that makes sense and we can put the issue of trust to rest.
09-15-2014, 02:44 PM,
Wheres the proof?
makes sense to me, i think the number of searchers may be thousands, but the number of players is less than 10.

Does that make sense? I still think i'm being punked LOL
09-15-2014, 03:13 PM,
Wheres the proof?

<b>Quote from boomergirl on September 15, 2014, 3:44 pm</b>

makes sense to me, i think the number of searchers may be thousands, but the number of players is less than 10.

Does that make sense? I still think i'm being punked LOL
</div>

So does it not seem strange that you can search like 50 times like some have and still not find it so I think I have searched like 5 times too many. How many searches would it take to find it i wonder and if Fenn keeps knocking off states and blowing up dam locations are we not just blindly betting till we know more? Also I do believe he would want it found before he passes so why not wait just a few years and see what happens and bet maybe he will give us less ground to cover, otherwise good luck with your 51st search. I am at the point of helping searchers and have given up going alone at least for now and more fun losing with friends and instead of losing alone which makes no sense and I think you will agree after that 52nd failed attempt.
09-15-2014, 03:15 PM,
Wheres the proof?
Forrest replies when he wants to, so I never know why he replies to one of my emails, but 95% of me emails go unanswered. So I assume he answers for a reason and it's a hint. But if I'm in Montana and he answers a question I no longer feel it's related to my current search or state. I now realize that it's a hint because my thought process is correct even if my conclusion is wrong. He rewards those who have the right thought process even if their conclusion is 100% wrong.

So if you get an answer you need to analyze the thought and not the answer. I hope that makes sense because it's not easy to separate his answer from why he answered.

But don't anyone get jealous or paranoid of my emails because I have yet to figure out a single email reply. it's just really difficult to do when their are 50 - 100 words in an email and any number of ways to interpret my own stuff and his answer.

When I hear a word I have my own bias on what it means compared to a person who is a different age. We might have all grown up in different eras and therefore ideas and words can have different meanings to each of us. They difference can be subtle, but if it takes 9000 subtle hints, a slight mis-understanding on a hint might curve my solution away from the chest and send me 1000 miles away.

09-15-2014, 03:24 PM,
Wheres the proof?

<b>Quote from FFSeeker on September 15, 2014, 4:15 pm</b>

Forrest replies when he wants to, so I never know why he replies to one of my emails, but 95% of me emails go unanswered. So I assume he answers for a reason and it's a hint. But if I'm in Montana and he answers a question I no longer feel it's related to my current search or state. I now realize that it's a hint because my thought process is correct even if my conclusion is wrong. He rewards those who have the right thought process even if their conclusion is 100% wrong.

So if you get an answer you need to analyze the thought and not the answer. I hope that makes sense because it's not easy to separate his answer from why he answered.

But don't anyone get jealous or paranoid of my emails because I have yet to figure out a single email reply. it's just really difficult to do when their are 50 - 100 words in an email and any number of ways to interpret my own stuff and his answer.

When I hear a word I have my own bias on what it means compared to a person who is a different age. We might have all grown up in different eras and therefore ideas and words can have different meanings to each of us. They difference can be subtle, but if it takes 9000 subtle hints, a slight mis-understanding on a hint might curve my solution away from the chest and send me 1000 miles away.

</div>

In my first email from Fenn he replied this "I cannot imagine that you did not find the treasure after all that planning and thinking. Hope you don't stop looking. f". This was a reply to a straight forward non uncoded solve that i sent him years ago when we searched near Cimarron. So what is the thought here FFseeker?
09-15-2014, 03:30 PM,
Wheres the proof?
Tim,

That logic is perfect except that history is full of those who waited and lost the final leg to the finish.

When is it time? I figure it's too hard to know until it's over. There will be other risk takers who take chances and guess long before he tells the exact spot.

It's like the stock market. Speculators always lead the market by 6 months and make the big money because they will take the risky position. Sometimes they and sometimes they lose, but they will always lead the market by taking chances.

I'm one of those risk takers and if he says it's in a lake, I will go and get it. I don't care what season it is and have hiked in -25 Deg F by Yellowstone to find the chest. You can't wait for the perfect clue and perfect moment. (With today's gear I was sweating in that -25 degree weather, so there is no bad time to search.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Fenn Still Offering No Proof Treasure Was Found total1ty 12 1,059 06-16-2020, 07:04 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Wheres the chest James Perotti 53 21,718 06-17-2018, 12:05 AM
Last Post: heyoka
  Proof required OjoDude 17 9,793 10-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: dejoka
  Proof in the Pictures Mindy 16 10,616 01-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: The Wolf
  Conclusive proof James Perotti 1 1,753 08-30-2016, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Wheres Milan? romeofoxtrot 1 1,874 07-22-2016, 11:22 PM
Last Post: deb