Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a key word list
09-23-2014, 03:07 AM,
I had a key word list
then I started looking up "every word" in the poem, (even the two letter words), you'd be surprised. Forget the online bullshit, get a real dictionary, a thick one.
09-23-2014, 10:41 AM,
I had a key word list
good thinking.
Shhh they aren't listening.
09-23-2014, 02:12 PM,
I had a key word list
Hi Deb, You know how Mr. Fenn said the chest wasn't in a cemetery, what if it was hidden on a piece of land designated for future cemetery use, I wonder if that would count?
09-23-2014, 05:08 PM,
I had a key word list

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from James Perotti on September 23, 2014, 3:12 pm</b>

Hi Deb, You know how Mr. Fenn said the chest wasn't in a cemetery, what if it was hidden on a piece of land designated for future cemetery use, I wonder if that would count?
</div>
My thought always has been that it's not in a graveyard but how many graves does it take to make a graveyard? In the west when someone died on the trail they didn't drag them back hundreds of miles to their home to bury them, so I would assume that they buried them right there and made a rough looking grave marker. So is it possible we are to look in the middle of nowhere for a grave marker?
09-23-2014, 07:25 PM,
I had a key word list

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from crazyfamily on September 23, 2014, 8:02 pm</b>

A burial ground is not a graveyard or a cemetery and is generally unmarked.
</div>
In the TTOTC is mentioned about grave markers throughout the whole book makes me believe that their is a possibility of a grave near the chest IMO
09-23-2014, 10:50 PM,
I had a key word list
I think in history you will find burial sites just about everywhere. No need for graveyards, dig a hole or make a mound of big rocks and its done. Sorry have had my mind on death alot recently. Sobering. but reality. Ashes to ashes...ect.

Bury them where they lay.
Shhh they aren't listening.
09-24-2014, 08:33 PM,
I had a key word list
Deb I see the subtle words in your post and hope things are good?
09-28-2014, 04:43 AM,
I had a key word list
Well, it's looking like at least some key words in the poem, are words that have the opposite meaning from what is in current common usage.
09-28-2014, 05:06 AM,
I had a key word list
when he went to the special place there are several elements being presented there i think are all hints. the fact he trips over a grave marker and realizes hes happened on an unknown burial site for soldiers is one of them.

i always wondered about the line tarry scant and marvel gaze, marvel gaze letters can be easily rearranged to mazel grave, and mazel being the hebrew equivalent of kismet or fate, hinted at in the book
09-28-2014, 07:47 AM,
I had a key word list
Hi Chris, The water fall story paints a nice picture, but seems a bit removed from reality. Firstly, how does a waterfall occur in the (center) of a clearing, where would the (precipice) be that the water, falls from? Secondly, I fought in Vietnam and Cambodia, on the ground, in a number of different provinces, and never saw a grave marker, outside of a cemetery, and they were always near villages. I saw plenty of dead bodies and parts, laying around though. On the subject of graves, Mr. Fenn also mentions the funeral. I haven't finished looking up all the words in the poem yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List all the clues 5GIRLS 86 37,560 10-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  The Checkoff List...... Gordon Lightfoot 2 1,680 05-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Fenn's Nine Clues...Can we now list them? Bytor 31 21,067 10-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Last Post: HIPS
  My narcissist list Skipper 38 22,939 10-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Skipper
  The Nine Clue List 556 351,273 08-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Last Post: viper244