Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Fenn laughed, and felt proud.
07-01-2013, 08:21 AM,
Enough waiting in the bushes for me; time to throw my 1.5 cents out there (since I am more of an "inside the box" kind of guy, its a little sort of 2 cents).

I think you're right on when you say "turning brains into mush" because of the simplicity of it. Id be laughing my a$$ off when I hid it inside a tree on some playground when everyone's breaking their ankles, getting lost out in the flipping desert looking for this thing. Twisted; yeah, but that's where I think Forrest and me are on the same page. I think it would be awesome to see how many people I could get off their butts and out in the wilderness with a poem and 2 million in "stuff". Is the money a lot......meh. If people would invest as much time in their careers as in this hunt, they'd make the 2 million (and more) in the long run. Like I have told many, I don't want the money, I want the find (and the history that is in the box). It does intrigue me to the fullest, and it has taught me that the internet is full of more "valuable" information rather than some fat kid making fart noises with his armpit on YouTube.

Summary: Forrest is in control and it will be found when he wants it to be found....if at all.

Now if I could just get him to answer my emails, because standing outside his house with a sixer of Bush light doesnt seem to work either.......lolz
07-01-2013, 08:32 AM,
I think anyone who is a mother smiles and feels proud when the do ordinary things. I do when I finish the laundry...... or have a swept floor.....

F might have just felt proud that he hid a treasure.... I would.
07-01-2013, 09:12 AM,
I remember the laughing comment too. He walked back to his car and laughed
07-01-2013, 09:49 AM,
Being a former Marine, I can relate to your suggestion/comment.
07-01-2013, 10:10 AM,
Forest friend,

I noticed you used the line from Fenn's poem "The answer I already know". I noticed this in two of your comments. If you "already know", why have you not gone and picked up the chest. I'm confused as to why if you've worked out the poem, you haven't gotten the chest yet. I don't say this as an attack on your "knowing", but rather the purpose of your throwing these items out there. They sound perfectly logical, but bewildering to say the least. Please explain. It is as if you're taking on the position of "teacher". where we are the students. Especially when you end your comments with "think, think, think".
07-01-2013, 12:38 PM,
Raising my wine glass to that GG!

Yes, its not 5 O'clock yet but its summer break....
07-01-2013, 10:44 PM,
Semper Fi Germanguy. Hey, that rhymes. I actually feel more pride being a parent (sometimes being both Dad and Mom) than when I was in the Marines, and the parenting job isn't done yet.

I think the reason he laughed is because of the crazy thing he had just done. In other words, you'd have to be crazy to leave a million or two out in the boonies. I also read that on the walk back to his car, he asked himself, "Forrest, did you really just do that"? I have used that info to eliminate search areas, thinking that he didn't have time to laugh and converse with himself if he only had to walk less than 30 seconds. So I deduced it's not hidden by the side of a road. Boo
07-02-2013, 12:17 AM,
I agree with you Boo "you'd have to be crazy to leave a million or two out in the boonies. I also read that on the walk back to his car, he asked himself, "Forrest, did you really just do that"? "
07-02-2013, 01:25 AM,
Very thought provoking, Mr. Friend.

Your inquest reminds me of the first CD (music, not continental divide) that I ever bought back in '86 -- The Wall. Fortunately you have no paddle to emphasize each think! think! think!

You must have at least one bone to throw for us in exchange for all the answers to your questions. What is HOB? Or... are you really just a data mine?
07-02-2013, 06:12 AM,
Hi Friend, Mr. Fenn said he laughed out loud while walking back to his vehicle after hiding the chest, the reason is, that the poem creates a "false idea" of where the chest is hidden, and he thought that it was pretty funny. That's why he said, people will be surprised, by where the chest is hidden. Not in some remote area, but in a place where no one has thought to look. Mr. Fenn has a life time of experience, in finding hidden items, and in understanding the motivations of people, spanning thousands of years. All based on simple observation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm proud to be an American Chris Yates 3 2,128 11-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen