Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Fenn laughed, and felt proud.
08-16-2013, 08:57 PM,
Hi ThrillChaser, I'm not very good at this moderator stuff, but since I find myself sitting at home alone on a Friday night with a throbbing knee instead of being out and about with a young lovely on my arm, I'll take a whack at it.

@Jayackam,

I'm not really sure of the point you are trying to make. "Bait-lure", Forrest "put his soul into the box"? Whatever, bro. To each his own.

As for your buddy Whiterock7, he's apparently just another in a very long and ever-growing line of people who have made these types of nonsensical claims. And Forrest has "shills helping him"? There are many other blogs out there that might welcome your conspiracy theories and claims of evil spirits, etc. but this isn't one of them. I don't see any real damage done by posting your thoughts, but they are just out of place here and you probably won't find anyone here who is on the same page as you or will want to listen. On the contrary, you will end up ticking people off which nobody wants.

I personally don't want to see anyone's ideas censored but I think your comments will only lead to major disagreements and I don't think that's what you came here for. I'm sure you believe that you are shedding some light on some subjects for us, but that's a kool aid that nobody will drink here.

If you can keep the discussion civil, I'm cool with that. You gave your thoughts and they weren't well received. End of story. no need to continue in a discussion that isn't of anyone's benefit.

Have a nice evening folks! I'm off to put an ice bag on my knee and see if my pretty little "nurse" might be up to making a house call! Wink

Peacemaker

08-16-2013, 09:07 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jayackam on August 16, 2013, 9:24 pm</b>

Actually Phantom,

Whiterock7 did not ask anything of Fenn. Nothing at all. He did not sent him the cropped picture for confirmation. Be careful and watch out, so that you might not be struck by awe [you are too sure of yourself]
</div>
So your point is what then ?

My buddy sent a picture and was told it didn't arrive.

So what !

I guess I fit the profile to walk straight to the treasure with confidence.

No such thing as being too sure.

Have you ever just walked right over to a treasure location on a hunch and just sweep away some dirt and bingo ?

It's a wonderful feeling.

I never found anything as valuable,but it is all the same.

So you are here why ?

To tell us how your buddy took a picture of treasure location ?

I have a picture of treasure location also.

That does not mean a whole lot until it is retrieved now does it ?

08-16-2013, 09:23 PM,
Peacemaker,

After my self imposed crucifixion, I thought I'd throw some thoughts out there that may help.

First off, when ever Fenn flew somewhere by plane, where would he have been coming and going from? My guess is Texas and Santa Fe, as far as flying from and Montana, Wyoming and Colorado, as far as flying to. Which route would he use? Probably the western slopes of the Rockies, because he wouldn't have to deal with the updrafts or rough terrain that exists in the higher altitudes. Additionally, this route takes him to all the spots he talks about in his book. Thereby making him very familiar with everything along that route. He could fly lower (no need for oxygen, as there would above 10,000 feet)and safer. Wouldn't that kind of eliminate a big part of the Rockies being possible hiding spots? I never believed that he would hide the treasure where people frequently visit. It just couldn't survive a million years. So, he would have to hide it where the fewest number of people travel. And it has to be somewhere he has traveled. Any thoughts?
08-16-2013, 09:32 PM,

<b>Quote from germanguy on August 16, 2013, 10:23 pm</b>

Peacemaker,

After my self imposed crucifixion, I thought I'd throw some thoughts out there that may help.

First off, when ever Fenn flew somewhere by plane, where would he have been coming and going from? My guess is Texas and Santa Fe, as far as flying from and Montana, Wyoming and Colorado, as far as flying to. Which route would he use? Probably the western slopes of the Rockies, because he wouldn't have to deal with the updrafts or rough terrain that exists in the higher altitudes. Additionally, this route takes him to all the spots he talks about in his book. Thereby making him very familiar with everything along that route. He could fly lower (no need for oxygen, as there would above 10,000 feet)and safer. Wouldn't that kind of eliminate a big part of the Rockies being possible hiding spots? I never believed that he would hide the treasure where people frequently visit. It just couldn't survive a million years. So, he would have to hide it where the fewest number of people travel. And it has to be somewhere he has traveled. Any thoughts?
</div>
I'll stick my nose in here.I'd say Forrest had more than just flew over but visited on more than one occasion the treasure site.

Treasures bold can indicate (To accumulate out in view)and Forrest may have made several trips leaving out jewelry to check and see if the hiding spot was as good as thought.

I will go with that notion.
08-16-2013, 09:43 PM,
Phantom,

Are you saying he has it hidden close to home?

I say this, because you insinuate he made several trips.
08-16-2013, 10:32 PM,

<b>Quote from germanguy on August 16, 2013, 10:43 pm</b>

Phantom,

Are you saying he has it hidden close to home?
</div>
No,Forrest has travelled alot and has regular events he goes to.

Like in Wyoming

http://www.bbhc.org/wp-content/uploads/2...t_2010.pdf

page 36 donor list

I believe Forrest goes at least annually to Cody Wyoming and there was another Wyoming location.

He had gone to many shows to purchase the gold that was put in treasure.

Regular trips can mean regular stops and nobody would be the wiser.

I think that is how he chose his spot.

Why not put a gold necklace,a bracelet and some gold coin and see if they disappear ?

With the size of the treasure,that is not much to risk in finding a good hiding spot.

I realize he said he knew where he wanted to put treasure right from the start.

All I am saying is he put that spot to the test first.

08-16-2013, 11:21 PM,
OK. The business about his association with the museum has been pretty mush talked about on the blogs. And his annual meeting are understood. Obviously the gold has been a lifelong accumulation, based on the older pieces in the chest. Stopping off to check for the chest's "well being", is questionable at best. Why risk someone following you and watching your every move. Don't say it can't happen, because I know you are intelligent enough to see that. He chose his spot the same way he has always chosen spots he wanted to visit or explore, from the air. He still has memories of the places he has seen in his flights. He is quite mentally competent still as is evident from his still authoring books. Somewhere I read that he would land in remote areas, such as a farm or such in his younger days.

"Why not put a gold necklace, a bracelet and some gold coin and see if they disappear?" why? If you've found the right spot to hide the chest, that wouldn't need to be tested first. I'm not trying to discourage your thinking, just trying to get you to expand it a bit. Phantom, try not to get bogged down too much by the book. It is only good for hints, like the picture with kids playing marbles. Figure that hint out and you will be on your way. :-) I hope I didn't come off pushy in my personal opinion, but you understand it's only an opinion.
08-17-2013, 10:15 AM,

<b>Quote from germanguy on August 17, 2013, 12:21 am</b>

OK. The business about his association with the museum has been pretty mush talked about on the blogs. And his annual meeting are understood. Obviously the gold has been a lifelong accumulation, based on the older pieces in the chest. Stopping off to check for the chest's "well being", is questionable at best. Why risk someone following you and watching your every move. Don't say it can't happen, because I know you are intelligent enough to see that. He chose his spot the same way he has always chosen spots he wanted to visit or explore, from the air. He still has memories of the places he has seen in his flights. He is quite mentally competent still as is evident from his still authoring books. Somewhere I read that he would land in remote areas, such as a farm or such in his younger days.

"Why not put a gold necklace, a bracelet and some gold coin and see if they disappear?" why? If you've found the right spot to hide the chest, that wouldn't need to be tested first. I'm not trying to discourage your thinking, just trying to get you to expand it a bit. Phantom, try not to get bogged down too much by the book. It is only good for hints, like the picture with kids playing marbles. Figure that hint out and you will be on your way. :-) I hope I didn't come off pushy in my personal opinion, but you understand it's only an opinion.
</div>
I meant placing the other items before hiding the chest.

If he placed for example a necklace,bracelet and gold coins on different occasions and nothing was touched,then nobody went there.It would then be good place to use as hiding spot.It was only speculative until the test.

You seem to try to be grouping the "How does he know chest is still there ?" question with this statement.

Who is to say that the blaze is not something like a piece of jewelery or precious stone?

How about a "Fire Opal"?

[Image: mexican-fire-opal.png]

"Of course, sticklers for accuracy will say that there’s only one fire opal – Mexican – because it sparkles with red and orange colors of fire, but the “fire” of Australian opal is still more valued and gets higher price. Australian fire opals look very attractive having a dynamic pattern and ever-changing shine, and it’s traditionally chosen by people who thrive to elegance and fame. On the other hand, Mexican fire opals, with their autumn colors, are perfect for those who adore life and nature."

[Image: Australian-Fire-Opal.jpg]

"Only a few gemstones in the world can evoke such a thrill and admiration as opals. But, among many different types of opals, one stands out – the fire opal."

" Australians started to exploit and mine fire opals in order to sell them to rich customers in Europe, the most famous aficionado being the Queen of the United Kingdom, Victoria, who had the entire collection of Australian opal jewelry."

08-17-2013, 11:22 AM,
I think he knows if it has been moved via a microchip you can buy one for around 300 dollars out of any private detective magazine with a 10 year lithium battery ,then register the item and check it from your computer , that way he would not even have to leave his house to check it they are similar to the chips people put in there pets so they can track them if they get lost they are water proof and very durable,you can also pay around 30 dollars a year and it will notify you via email if its been moving,i know been there done that.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
08-17-2013, 11:50 AM,
what do you guys think, he is smart enough to do it
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm proud to be an American Chris Yates 3 2,128 11-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen