Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logical Solutions
09-30-2014, 01:51 PM,
Logical Solutions
Hi Everyone,

Let me start by saying that I respect all of the hard work and time spent by many of you searchers. I know it’s been a real expensive and challenging endeavor for everyone. I know it will be very difficult to accept it when the treasure is found, but we must face it at some point, including me if someone beats me to it. It’s so hard just sitting here wanting to reveal my solution because I believe that my solution is the correct solution to the poem. I need one more trip.

I just finished writing, ” A Treasure more than Gold” a short story – How I found the solution to Forrest Fenn’s poem – In it I describe how I went about finding the clues in the poem and then confirming them with hints provided by Forrest. Also, I give an account of my “boots on the ground” experiences.

This is a straight forward and logical solution that will surely get your attention and most likely a consensus as to where the treasure lies. This story is not about boasting and bragging, it’s about how logic and a little luck is the answer to finding the treasure chest.

Many searchers have brought up very good and viable points while discussing the chase and it’s fun and interesting to see how everyone’s involvement takes them on intriguing searches into gorgeous areas of the mountains and canyons of the Rockies.

I don’t know if you will want me to release my story because many of you are still out there searching and I don’t want to interfere with your search, but at some point I feel that I must. I have worked long and hard just like the rest of you trying to solve this great puzzle. I will from time to time release a page or an excerpt from this story, but not giving out any specific clues.

I’m not sure that all searchers want this to come out, maybe I should ask everyone what they think. So, what do you think?

Thank you for any response that you provide. I have also posted this on Dal's blog.

Plato II - aka- Ritt

09-30-2014, 02:04 PM,
Logical Solutions
I'll only mind if it's a play by play of my solution and since I haven't been able to rule out the area yet, I would be greatly distressed to have my ideas revealed completely. Of course, if you are not close to my area then fire away, except I don't know your solution so cannot know what the damage would be if you revealed it. My solution is easy to understand and would cause some if not a great deal of excitement if I laid it out in detail.
09-30-2014, 02:39 PM,
Logical Solutions
Well, no way of knowing if we are in the same place, Cloud, but thanks for the response. I will take it in. 8-)
09-30-2014, 02:44 PM,
Logical Solutions
Thanks, Steph....I'll think on that, thanks for the option.
09-30-2014, 02:50 PM,
Logical Solutions
Go for it Plato. INMO other peoples solutions don't have nearly the impact on other searchers that we think they do. You're only all that in your own mind.
09-30-2014, 03:00 PM,
Logical Solutions
Hi Plato, Logical is always interesting, why not just give us one example of logic, say applied to a hint.
09-30-2014, 03:04 PM,
Logical Solutions
Okay James----

I will give you this bit of information, it’s not much but, it’s a start.

I have seen where many, but not all, searchers on this site think that the T. S. Eliot quote (below) means that the search for the treasure chest will take you back to the place where you started the (physical) search. Maybe I shouldn’t do this, I may regret it, and I’m not saying that I’m right; my thoughts maybe all wrong but it makes sense to me. So, here I give you my interpretation on this quote.

Mysterious Writings – Jennie Kile,

Feb 4, 2013

Quote from Forrest:

“The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental.

T. S. Eliot said:

We shall not cease from our exploration

And at the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time”

This is my understanding on Forrest’s statement and him quoting T.S. Eliot:

We need to investigate systematically; examine, explore (research, analyze, study) every possibility and find the clues in the poem. And, then when we have discovered the clues of where to start in the poem we can then physically arrive at the starting place and know the place for the first time.

I don’t think it means that you will arrive at the same physical place twice, only that you arrive where you have determined (discovered thru research) where to start the physical exploration. From there you follow the directions in the poem which he gives. The directions in the poem are not clues, there are just that, directions. The clues are hidden in the poem just as his treasure chest is hidden, they are not exposed to our observation, and we need to discover them.

I hope this will help you in your search for the treasure. It has helped me; I feel that I’m very close.It would be great to find so that Forrest can fill us in on the details of this enigmatic treasure poem and hunt.

Please keep the responses coming. Thanks!

09-30-2014, 03:10 PM,
Logical Solutions
Plato, Buddy Allen is right. Nobody ever thinks anyone else's solution is valid. Nobody will get upset or overly excited about it, except maybe you, when you see the comments and criticisms that will be lobbed at your solution.

mdavis19
09-30-2014, 03:12 PM,
Logical Solutions
How do you account for "at the end of all our exploring" He's talking about the end not where to start.
09-30-2014, 03:24 PM,
Logical Solutions
I have never taken the TS Elliot quote to mean returning to a physical place. I see it more as embarking on a voyage of discovery about oneself and in the end finally coming to know yourself, and finding a deeper meaning in your life. Your idea about discovering the clues in the poem parallels my own interpretation. There are many things hidden in plain sight in the poem that few see, and no one talks about. I do believe they lead to the starting point for following the directions in the poem. Finding the deeper meaning in the poem is what we need to do. Then we will see it in a new light and know it for the first time.

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collaborative database for potential solutions krootz 50 30,891 05-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg