Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wolfs Final Adventure - "Area 6"
11-10-2013, 12:01 PM,
Thanks Goofy! I would certainly do that but I just can't break the paradigm. The more you look at that the blaze the more it looks like an exactly like an owl - which makes it a perfect blaze because it is easy for some one to walk right by it. I certainly used the metal detector - so until something pops I will remain on the sidelines hoping someone can pick up what I have missed.

[Image: IMG_2070_zps94b0f700.jpg]

The Wolf
02-01-2014, 09:49 PM,
Why stop Wolf? This is one of the greatest adventures a person could go on alone or with family. What else you gonna do? I love to hunt and trying to outsmart the animals is a challenge sometimes, but trying to match wits with another person twice your age that has all the answers is the ultimate. Your solve was pretty good. My solve took my daughter and I to something etched in stone that has been discussed here and we never would have found it without the poem, and guaranteed no one would ever stumble upon it. I have a couple other areas that match up pretty good too, but we plan to return to this area again, my gut tells me something is around there even if its not Fenns treasure. I have to admit though the brave and in the wood has me puzzled a little bit. I plan to head out again real soon. What cartoon were you talking about with the W?
02-01-2014, 10:04 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from timberwolf on July 10, 2013, 10:14 pm</b>

Wolf,

That's what the spanish wanted the casual observer to think.... were there modern (19th or 20th century) mines in the area? I believe you said there was. The spanish did some impressive work at making "signs" and hiding tunnels... also disposing of the tailings. Just sayin... it deserves careful searching.
</div>

Hi Timberwolf!

Would they chisel out large Spanish, or Indian faces in rocks with the gaze pointing towards their hidden treasure?
02-10-2014, 02:48 PM,

<b>Quote from The Lorax on February 1, 2014, 9:49 pm</b>

Why stop Wolf? This is one of the greatest adventures a person could go on alone or with family. What else you gonna do? I love to hunt and trying to outsmart the animals is a challenge sometimes, but trying to match wits with another person twice your age that has all the answers is the ultimate. Your solve was pretty good. My solve took my daughter and I to something etched in stone that has been discussed here and we never would have found it without the poem, and guaranteed no one would ever stumble upon it. I have a couple other areas that match up pretty good too, but we plan to return to this area again, my gut tells me something is around there even if its not Fenns treasure. I have to admit though the brave and in the wood has me puzzled a little bit. I plan to head out again real soon. What cartoon were you talking about with the W?
</div>

Lorax,

Here is my story...

I wrote FF in Dec and told him my solution. It focused on one key word (not in poem) but it unlocked the poem where all but one of the 9 clues were tightly connected. Actually all of the words in every stanza all of a sudden were connected and it is a beautiful - one for the movies so to speak. I had the blaze and the rainbow and the wood and the exact spot to dig. It was perfect except for one little thing - common sense said there is no way he could pull it off. Yah perhaps a little more searching would reveal a different blaze with the same theme.

Most people would just run out and search immediately. I did it with my first search and this is one thousand (and I am not exaggerating) times more thought out and is a precise fit. Yet experience has taught me to have a backup plan, so I used the same WWWH (I am convinced this is it - not wavering from that) and I went searching for an alternative. One day I experienced an epiphany where my research linked three key words that everyone dreams about linking. It is really awesome - almost perfect in fact. This has lead to another excellent 9 clue solution complete with blaze and thus narrowed the final spot to 50 square meters where they are mostly linked to one key word and all of the other qualifying words in the poem are also appropriately linked. This solution is much more realistic but I can't see the spot only the blaze (need boots on the ground). There is just one other issue: I know exactly what word (and the associated connections) FF is referring too based on his latest statement. I feel I am in the correct area but I am not quite sure I have applied the associated connections appropriately - just because one gets this far doesn't mean it is easy. I want all of the nine clues to unlock the poem - I feel everything must flow into one.

Here is the problem: I sent FF my first solution in Dec and I said I thought he would have done better and I hinted to the second which I have since solved and passed on in Jan. So you are probably wondering why I don't just go out and search? Well that is a very good question. Think of it this way. I have a gun and only one bullet and a very angry bear is charging at me. Do I shoot now and risk missing and then life is over forever or do I wait until I see the whites of his eyes and shoot? The second option is what I have chosen ... it takes tremendous guts but the probability of success is much higher. I really do not want life to end - lol.

So is FF trying to light a fire under my butt through this latest press release? Perhaps, but it does not change anything other than confirm that I am on the right track. FF says the solver will move with conviction; so as long as I have two and searching for the illusive third location, I will sit tight.

Right now I feel I have the right key but I can't find the correct lock. Maybe I need to re-evaluate everything and start from scratch - sometime bias and self assurance can be your own worst enemy - must keep an open mind.

If I do move, I will not be coming back empty handed. One bullet - one chance - make it count!

The Wolf
02-10-2014, 03:29 PM,
@Wolf, in other words - you can't go until the snow melts - ha! Smile

Kidding.

I'm not sure if Fenn planned for this, but Winter has forced most of us to regroup, and reanalyze, and then reanalyze again our solutions. I know I have planned and refined my next move (I sort of think of this as a Chess game) so that my next trip is efficient and effective. I'm also absorbing absolutely everything Fenn says or writes, since it might save me hours of work.

Kudos to your strategy.
02-12-2014, 12:37 PM,
This damn ice and snow and cold is keeping hundreds of us from going to get the treasure. I fear there will be a foot race to get it in three or four days, since the weather forecast states the nights at the treasure area will be above freezing.
02-17-2014, 08:07 PM,

<b>Quote from Desertphile on February 12, 2014, 12:37 pm</b>

This damn ice and snow and cold
</div>

Don't curse the ice and snow and cold! It's not cold or snowy or icy in NM. It is warm and dry . A disaster.
02-17-2014, 09:10 PM,
Yep without some moisture fire season is going to be awful. Sad
Shhh they aren't listening.
02-19-2014, 09:43 AM,
In the end, I know that FF wants us to all to say "of course that is it", he doesn't want us to be left scratching our heads, groaning in disgust. He want's to be remembered as an great architect of an awesome adventure. We cannot loose sight of this!

Sometimes it is best to be honest with yourself. Thus, I have abandoned my two 9 point solutions and I am now focusing entirely on my key -of which I have greater confidence. I just can't properly link my key to the solutions and I realize I am stretching my imagination too much to make them work.

If at first you don't succeed you are not Chuck Norris!

The Wolf
02-19-2014, 12:11 PM,
LOL. Wolf, no I am not. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wolfs Adventure - Part 4 14 5,582 07-16-2013, 06:15 AM
Last Post:
  Area 6 - The Wolfs Blaze 5 2,015 07-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Guest
  The Wolfs Adventure (parts 1-3) 14 5,924 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM