Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the poem
12-26-2014, 09:29 PM,
the poem
Since the nine clues have to be followed precicly, I would think that the nine clues directed the structure of the poem.
12-26-2014, 09:41 PM,
the poem
I think the poem is only a vehicle for the nine clues, but it has all the traits of good poetry? Why, if the poem is only a vehical for the nine clues? Why go to that trouble? The poem took fifteen years to write!
12-26-2014, 09:57 PM,
the poem
Forrest is an artist. Sculpture and poetry are the media in which he works. I guess he found it easier to fit the nine clues into a poem than into a sculpture.

mdavis19
12-26-2014, 10:15 PM,
the poem
I want to say so much but I can't. It gives away too many possibilities to discover the solution I have uncovered. Of course I could have it all wrong. What!? I never imagined that! 8O
12-27-2014, 07:02 AM,
the poem
I'm thinking that the nine clues determined the way the poem had to be structured, not the rules for writing good poetry. I'm thinking that the poetry aspect is a red herring, but I don't know how.
12-27-2014, 08:44 AM,
the poem

If I am interpreting correctly, there is a general spindown on the energy and attention given to solving the puzzle, and forum discussions are turning more into general discussions.

James, your comments are still ON, as far as giving attention to the poem. Bravo.

astree
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
12-27-2014, 08:59 AM,
the poem

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from astree on December 27, 2014, 8:44 am</b>

If I am interpreting correctly, there is a general spindown on the energy and attention given to solving the puzzle, and forum discussions are turning more into general discussions.

James, your comments are still ON, as far as giving attention to the poem. Bravo.

astree
</div>

I agree. Do you think it is burnout or is it that after 3-4 years people believe they are close to the solution and fear giving out too much info?
12-27-2014, 09:23 AM,
the poem

<b>Quote from astree on December 27, 2014, 8:44 am</b>

astree
</div>

It's called hibernation Teresa 8-)

And fear. People are trying to solve, trying to come up with new ideas, and feel they have something positive. Fear keeps them from sharing. A sense of self discovery I think holds them back. Another component I feel to blame is the holiday season, <b>family</b> trumps <b>fantasy</b> this time of year. So we have to all hold off on fantasizing about holding that chest in our hands.

<b>As for my opinion? and this is purely based off my hunches...

The nine clues are there for a reason.

The poem is there for a reason.

All of the words are there for a reason.

The BLAZE is both here....and there.

If people knew how many hints Forrest has given the public, they would think to themselves, "How did it take this long??" ....and to that notion, I have probably only uncovered maybe HALF of them.

My previous 98% has now elevated to 99% sure. The remaining 1% is not collaboration of naysayers or "experts" and "veterans" admonishing my efforts....that 1% is reserved to Forrest telling me "You are right." And since we all know that is not going to happen until I present him with his bracelet, I am flying alone in the sky....stuck in a "holding pattern" waiting for my moment to strike.

...but of course that's all just a matter of opinion</b>

, and you know what they say about that Wink
12-27-2014, 01:18 PM,
the poem

<b>Quote from Jack on December 27, 2014, 8:59 am</b>

I agree. Do you think it is burnout or is it that after 3-4 years people believe they are close to the solution and fear giving out too much info?

</div>

i think for a select few they have become tight lipped. perhaps not even talking about what they talked about in the past because more of the picture has come into focus, like the wood carving of Moses

there may be more of a recognition of old mortars and other explosive devices lying around. sure if you pick one up, you could get away with it, but maybe not, best to set it down very carefully and back away

02-16-2016, 09:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 09:16 PM by Becky from WV.)
RE: the poem
@everyone - Why is it that we searchers no longer feel the need to discuss the poem, the clues contained therein, or the hints in TTOTC? Confidence, lack of it, BOTG, no BOTG, etc, etc, etc. is NOT getting us any closer, is it? Then there's all the foolishness, videos & silly stuff that have absolutely NO bearing on finding the location of the treasure.

Isn't there anything of substance left to discuss?

And where is everyone who used to post here? Our numbers have dwindled considerably, yet the viewership remains constant. If you "mute searchers" are out there somewhere, give us a holler. Please ... just let us know you're there. If nothing else, simply tell us who you are & say hello.

I promise you, the only one who bites is Larsonist ... but not to worry. The rest of us keep him well fed & on a "short" leash.